Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 152

I figured this forum would have some great insights on this question. Thanks in advance :)
I have found how to use indicators data in the cases, when indicators are manage to fill data arrays. But lot of the indicators are just draw their output on the chart and don't fill these arrays. And when I say "they don't fill" I mean that I don't see any data in the "Data Window", so I suppose
class PositionsForGoldStructure { // PositionStructure holds the details used to populate per position. class PositionsStructure { public : double dPipRangeValue; // ... more variables. PositionsStructure() { } }; }; my question is. If you use a multi dimensional
Hi, I am trying to complete the code for a tight trailing stop for my EA. The Trailing Stop I currently have is such as that only when the trade is much closer to the TP, is when the actual SL is moved up, but I want to make a trailing stop that stays exactly the same distance from the current
Hello, I'm fairly new to coding and I've run into a problem that I don't know how to fix. I'm trying to make a EA that trades using the Bollinger Bands indicator to then maybe use in a more sophisticated EA later. However during my testing I've noticed that it is not placing any orders. Although it
  MT5 Web API auth  (2)
Hi, I hope there somebody help me with this topic. I want develop MT5 Web API use .NET without .NET dll from MT5 SDK, I want create manual authentication like SDK example in PHP or JavaScript, is there somebody do like this ? Thank you before
Dígame si me van alludar si no ya dejen de mandar tantos textos u mails
Hi, I am coding a basic RSI trading bot that takes trades when the the RSI is reverting back to the mean (RSI middle of 50) after leaving the upper or lower band. So basically if the RSI has gone under 37.5, and then when the RSI is peaked sell of and is going back up towards the mean, I want place
Hi guys, I have around 10.000 lines of code. Indicator frezze randomly in MT5. Same code in MT4 have no problems. Is there any way to find out which line of mql5 code causing indicator and chart to frezze? It usualy frezze after an half of hour. Is any tool in mql5 to show code where indicator
  is backtesting  (7)
is there a function that can detect that I'm doing a backtesting
  Use of arrays  (1)
How can I use the array Currency to replace EURUSD so multiple functions like BullishCandlestick() can check multiple currencies simultaneously? Thanks string Currency[ 5 ] = { "EURUSD" , "USDCHF" , "GBPCAD" , "GBPNZD" , "GBPUSD" }; bool BullishCandlestick() { if ( iOpen (
Our EA builder seems to be having difficulty getting the Ea to work our our terminals because we have different order filling modes( IOC, FOC) than he has on the terminal on which he tests it. My question is, is this really a difficult thing to fix? Is it possible to build an EA that works
Hello. I am practicing coding an EA that uses Heikin Ashi data (only close and open since that's all I need right now) to determine trades. When I backtest it I get an array out of size and ontick critical error, and debugging it points me to the pricedatapoints variable. The last time I had an
  Split Orders  (2)
Hello! I need an example related to order splitting function to reduce slippage when trading large volumes for EA MT5 Thanks
[Deleted]
I've been working on EA for several weeks, testing it in various ways, especially walk-forward and etc. Today I did a unit test for 3 years for two four different combinations 1. Setup 1 and Risk Management 1 2. Setup 1 and Risk Management 2 3. Setup 2 and Risk Management 1 4. Setup 2 and Risk
Hello folks, started learning MQL for more than a week now. made EA which simply opens order based on PARABOLIC SAR indicator. on sell indicator it sells and on buy indicator it buys. and I lost 100% loss in a year. while backtesting. I swapped the signal from sell to buy and buy to sell, thinking
  Boolean Error  (4)
The code compiles correctly yet a warning occurs which says "expression not boolean". In my script, if I were to Alert(UpperWick), the answer is always 1.0 rather than it calculating the upper wick in function of whether the candlestick is bullish or bearish. Much appreciate your help! double
Hi, This adaptation of the Edit example code populates the Edit text with the spread when the EA loads, but I need it to update the text with the current spread with each tick. I found solutions using the old object oriented approach but not the new object oriented approach. I tried updating using
Hi All I would like to open a trade when the lowest/highest rectangle is completed. So if the 2 highest candles on top touches the rectangle open a sell trade, I would like the same with the lowest. void Buy() { double Ask= SymbolInfoDouble ( Symbol (), SYMBOL_ASK ); double Bid= SymbolInfoDouble
Hello I've successfully programmed my first backtest profitable EA and naturally I want to tweak it to ensure it's max profitability. The strategy is a simple sell on the break of last weeks high if last week was bullish, and buy at the break of last weeks low if last week was bearish strategy. The
  how to import EA  (4)
Does anyone know why I don´t see the EA that I imported to mt5. when I create a new and pasted the cod in it it does not work. The cod work in mt4
Hi all, problem with EA validation!!! EA is limited to trade on all pairs except EURAUD. Screenshot attached. I have no idea what this error message means and how to bypass it. EA does not pass automatic validation
hello i used telegram bot for read from channel https://api.telegram.org/bot<token>/getUpdates i get {"ok":true,"result":[{"update_id":569398535
An updated version exists of an EA I have purchased for MT4. The EA is Forex Trade Manager, and the new version is version 3.30. In the instructions on how to update an existing EA, it says to go to the Market tab/Purchased/ then click the Update button to update the EA. In my case, when I click on
Hello, How is the following situation possible? Ticket #4 has been bought at 1.15961 but the takeprofit of ticket # 2 at 1.15946 has not jumped. Thanks
I am try to create a function which can calculate UpperWick of any candlestick depending on whether it is bullish or bearish. The LongPosition() boolean works fine but the CalculateUpperWick() function has many errors which I can't seem to solve. Also don't know how to properly define the UpperWick
Hi all, After the new version of MT5 that changed the UI, when I tried to put the EA on the chart, this error appears invalid EX5 file (7), but it doesn't happen on all computers, I've tried it on several, some work and others not, usually this error happens when I try to load a .set in EA, if I
Dear all, an unusual problem occurred with an EA that I have been using for some time. This EA, linked to a EURUSD chart with 1 minute Timeframe, suddenly stopped performing its functions. The Expert was regularly hooked to the chart, but just didn't do anything anymore. The Log file normally
I have a problem with my EA because the spread of the currency that im trading is 5 , so, when the indicator give something ending with other number than 5 or 0, the error ocurrs   2016.10.22 13:29:38.787 2016.10.03 11:55:00   failed exchange sell 1.00 WINZ16 at 60739 sl: 60834 tp: 60584...
Hi all, Is it possible to input a variable from one EA-currency into another EA-currency in multiple currency backtesting? I mean my EA on EURUSD fill the variable x=10 during the backtest, then send it to my EA on GBPUSD. So the GBPUSD EA been feed by EURUSD EA. Is it possible? How? Could it be