Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 156

I wrote the following code. I expected to have one operation per year. However I see that many operations are missing. For example: EURUSD (1971-2021) it has 50 years of history but I only get 23 trades. I have tried with many currency pairs and commodities and many operations are missing as well
  EA Development?  (2)
Hello, I am struggling to find anyone to develop my EA. Its up in the freelance section and is relatively simple if not already exists. I have been trading manually for a few years now but having decided automated trading may be worth trying, I have very little knowledge of MQL5, code base,...
I am trying to create an EA. I have a strategy I would like to try out. I have very minute coding knowledge. I need directions on how to go about
[Deleted]
Dear Members I am trying to use <MovingAverage.mqh> SimpleMA method in a Class. I have defined arrayClose[] and used CopyClose to get closing prices into array. However, when I use this array in SimpleMA(index,MAPeriod,arrayClose); it is returning 0.0 for SMA values. Is it necessary to use SimpleMA
Hi! I have a question about a hotly debated subject, but I still don't have a solution to my problem, so I would be grateful for suggestions on how to get a solution for my case. I have a strategy in an EA that uses Martingale, and therefore doubles the lot when the previous operation is at loss
This EA is here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/15848. Please fix it to work in Metratrader 5.
I want to read, for eg. the live RSI of EURUSD, AUDUSD, CADJPY when I'm running EA on NZDUSD chart every several ticks passed on NZDUSD, however, I don't want to open the EURUSD/AUDUSD/CADJPY chart all the time. I remember in such case the EURUSD etc. might not always keep refreshing and will return
Hi. I've created my first EA. If I set SL and TP in the code, the Tester runs but no operation is opened. If I don't set SL and TP (or I set them to 0) the Tester runs and open operations, but obviosly, no action is taken by SL and TP: the operations go on until the end of simulation and the
[Deleted]
I have coded an EA which trades the Ichimoku of RSI. It is compiling no errors, no warnings but its not running any trade even on the strategy tester . In case i missed a certain line of algorithm or did something wrong, may you assist. #property link "https://www.mql5.com" #property version
Greetings, I'm wondering if anyone of you could tell me if it's possible to have a developer from this MQL5 forum create me a program that scans the Telegram Signal channels I'm following for latest messages and if it shows wording like the following down below, it will instantly place those 3
[Deleted]
UPDATE NOTE: Sorted out by correcting the dot with colon in Time, as pointed out by William. Dear Members Please help to debug what is causing the second Data definition as "invalid time" warning !!! Warning "invalid time" CTradeState.mqh 141 40 SetTradeState(D'2021.01.01 20:00', D'2021.01.01
Hi, I'm opening this thread here to discuss possible things that can slow down the backtest. I created an EA and its backtest is very slow and I don't know why. I would like to know what the possible causes of this slowness are
Hello, I am starting to code in mql5 and I am devloping a code that opens one positions every time there is a crossover of daily EMA8 and daily EMA21 and price is above daily SMA200. I do get to open 2 positions, but there are not any more positions but conditions are being met... I am not getting
Hello! I am new to developing on MQL5 and basically coding in general. I watched a step by step tutorial in order to learn how to code a simple MA crossover. The problem is that I am getting several errors in lines 23,25 and 41 and despite the fact that I have been trying to resolve them for a few
This piece of code is from starting with mql5. it works fine when displaying comments and also opens an order correctly at odd times, the conditions pick up the correct value for the current candle wanted and displays it , buffer is set for 0 because it gets the current candle, as before it had
  magic number  (1)
Hello friends If the magic number of the experts is duplicate, will there be a problem in their performance
Hello dear friends I want to know how many signals and indicators to enter into a trade in an expert that Meta Trader 4 can easily process. I mean only in one expert Thank You
Hi i use this code in my EA to use Zigzag indicator int q, l; double r0, r1, r2, r3, r4, r5; l= 0 ; while (q< 5 ) { if (r0> 0 ) {r5=r4; r4=r3; r3=r2; r2=r1; r1=r0; } r0= iCustom ( Symbol (), 0 , "zigzag" ,depth, 5 , 3 , 0 ,l); if (r0> 0 ) {q+= 1 ; } l++;
Dear all, I have a problem with a signal I am subscribed to. The opening trades arrive with a delay of 20-30 min while the closing arrives immediately. I contacted my broker, but they could not find anything from their side. The signal owner did not respond yet. I increased the slippage requirement
In the thread Standard way to detect stop loss transaction executed on a position it was suggested to catch SL and TP events by waiting for TradeTransaction a event for the "opposite deal, with the same volume and your sl price" as this "means stoploss has been triggered" The thread...
Dear all, I have been trying to find this, searched for it, didn't find it, not in the documentation, not in the forums. Maybe someone knows the answer to this. I bought several EAs, Indicators, etc. I have a computer with different users on it. Windows 10, two users. If I install MetaTrader 4 in
Hi all, I'm trying to code a dollar cost averaging expert advisor. I have gotten to the point where it will "average" buy lower and move the average price down. However, what I would like to add is a means to remove the take profit if the lot size equals more than 1 contract and replace with limit
Hi there. I tried VPS MQL and one EA seams non running. Different EA runs. I tried both EA from PC metatrade and al run fine. Is any new issue on VPS in those days
input int PSAR_max_bar = 15; // bars on which you want to find fractals void OnTick() { double upper[]; double lower[]; for ( int i= 3 ; i<PSAR_max_bar; i++) { upper[i]=iFractalsGet( UPPER_LINE ,i); lower[i]=iFractalsGet( LOWER_LINE ,i); } double maxUpper = ArrayMaximum
how do I write the table title with the corresponding values bool writeFile() { string nomeFileTXT = "ottimizzazione.txt" ; bool printOK = false ; int filehandle; int errore= 0 ; // numero dell'errore uint numBytesWritten= 0 ; string stringa; // filehandle= FileOpen
In MT5, the order/deal, in/out position are separated unlike MT4. the backtesting report does provide "order id" in "deal" table at the bottom. But somehow i cant really find the position ID so that i can generate a table just like MT4 report. Does any know how to link the in and out deal
Hi, I know I can buy with lotsize. Is it possible to buy with investment, e.g. for 100Euros? Or how can I calculate the lotsize from requested investement? Is there such a symbol info like price for 1 lot? Thanks
Hi all I have a problem when counting pending orders using C trade. It opens too many pending orders instead of one. If you know what the problem is, please help. int OrdersPending() { int Pending= 0 ; for ( int b= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ;b>= 0 ;b--) { if (m_order.Select(b)) if
Am learning python programing to program MT5 trade copier but I want to know if fluter or react programing language can also be use to program a trade copier, the reason I want to know is because flutter comes with front end development in the back end Your answer will be highly appreciated
Is it possible to develop a personal application which uses the mql5 language as a backend and can connect to the MT5/MT4 trading platform which can: 1. Create/sign in to Real/Demo accounts 2. Trade different markets 3. Process 3rd party payment and withdrawals 4. Manage multiple accounts 5. Create