Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 154

Hi there! I have finished developing and testing my EA and it is currently being live tested. The live test consists of two parallel tests. Setting with 1% risk per trade and a setting with 0.5% risk per trade. The EA´s are running on two different VPS´s but on the same broker feed, two different
What would be causing an error I am getting when price hits my tp1 it is supposed to take partials and leave the rest on the table active? Sometimes the EA performs this action correctly, but it has not done it correctly 2 of the last 3 days. What part of the code would need to be modified? Would
Hello, I got another error #0 which according to the research I have done isn't really an error but rather a successful procedure. Meaning that there is something within the coding that was performed successfully and because of that coding being successfully performed the trade was not able to be
hello everyone, is there a simple way in MT5 to open up the input dialog window while running EA through program event or function, like for example clicking on an object? Reason is, I want to modify the parameters by simply clicking a button created by my EA. I know you can just double-click on the
Hi.. I am creating a dashboard for my totals. I have 99% of it working. Just having issues with the OrdersTotal for the daily and weekly figures. void DrawCurrentTrades() {//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int buyCount, sellCount = 0; double buyProfit
Would this indicator work if it was made by an expert? May I have your comments and suggestions? The OrderBook indicator displays open trades and pending orders of retail traders as a two-sided histogram. It is used for the comprehensive analysis of market sentiment for a particular financial
I'm a C++ programmer, I've downloaded that reference of MQL5 but wow... 4000 pages of PDF... that's not tutorial book... I've read to page 90 but then I went to look for other alternatives. At least MQL4 has friendly guide and tutorial on how to program... http://book.mql4.com/ Its not a bad...
I apologize, I don't really understand the process, but some point soon here after a little more testing if I can't figure things out I will need to pursue having someone look at my ea and repair it. How do I go about having this done? Thanks in advance :)
I'm a bit confused about how frames work. I know that you can set a custom optimization criteria as follows. double OnTester () { return MyCustomCriteria(); } The genetic algorithm will search to maximize the value of this criteria. I'm not sure if frames are used to do the same thing. I mean, if
Hello Everyone, So i am using the metaquotes VPS and i have multiple EAs running on multiple charts at the same time. My problem is whenever i want to add an EA with a new chart the server syncs all the information from my mt4 terminal which stops the currently working EAs and deletes all the...
Hi, I have just rented a VPS and migrated the EA. how do I know if I did everything correctly? I dont see any trades running.
Dears... I'm trying to get the open price of an order which already closed in MQL5 as i want to open a position on SL hit, I used HistoryOrderGetDouble (trans.position,ORDER_PRICE_OPEN) the trans.position return the order number properly. but this function return 0 as open price of the order. i
What is the difference between a hedging and a netting account? And will an EA be set up to work on one of them better than the other? Or can it function properly on both
There are glitches in the Controls Library that make it hard to use, for instance: MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots AUDCHF, M1, 2021.10.05 Raw Trading Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Real Here it seems impossible to fill the Edit control up to the available area. As ListView is made of Edit controls the
hi guys i hope all are ok . i m unable to code lot size based of stop loss for deriv broker (Synthetic indexes). my code that I have already written down for Forex and Indices it don't work for deriv can any one try to explain where m doing mistake? double MoneyManagement( string pSymbol, double
Using the following statement, the data of PERIOD_M1 cannot be received, but other cycles such as PERIOD_M5 and PERIOD_M15 are normal. Does anyone know the reason,Thank you for your help! MqlRates rates[]; int copied= CopyRates ( "XAUUSD" , PERIOD_M1 , D'2021.06.10 14:00:00' , D'2021.06.10 19:00:00'
Hi all, I am working on my first EA trading system. I've developed the EA based on based on a paper on forex trading systems - so far I have no yet implemented SL/TP parameters but I have demonstrated profitability across multiple testing periods (typically I will 'calibrate' i.e optimize my input
Hello everyone, I am having an error in writing the code attached below. Here is also a screenshot of the screen. How could I correct the writing? Thank you all
  Strategy Tester End Date  (16   1 2)
There's any way (workarounds and crazy ideas are wellcome) to get the strategy tester end date in the optimization start method (OnInitStart)?
I have been copy trading on my personal desktop for a week and noticed it doesn't fully copy all trades maybe because of the connection. So I purchased VPS server over the weekend when the market was closed and suddenly it does not start copying trades? How do I fix this
  Symbol presets  (2)
Hi there community, I'm trying to set different parameters for some symbols by filtering them into the loop and I'd like to get some help. These are the lines : //+--- Parameters ---------------------------------------------------! int StartHour = 21 ; bool PartialClose =
I want to count how many times deal current bar If I Buy&Sell 2 times at current bar, it count "4". If I close my position at current bar, it count"1"
Hi All I have a problem with deleting a pending order/s after time. I don't want to delete all orders I just want to delete pending order/s after time. If you know the problem please help. for ( int Loop= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ;Loop>= 0 ;Loop--) { MqlRates Candle[]; ArraySetAsSeries (Candle, true
  Multipair test  (4)
Hi there community, I'd like to take a step forward into my coding knowledge with your well appreciated help. The main idea besides on the possibility of taking multipair tests through the 'SymbolList' input , I've been checking some samples but still need some help to fit this into my own way of
If an EA performs perfectly sometimes and at other times there are errors in the trade that it creates, does that suggest that the EA is fine, but there are other things causing those other errors? If it is indeed other things causing those errors, what could it be? Some of the errors I have gotten
Greetings fine minds. I'm looking for a bot that trades in the direction of the closing price of the first one minute candle of the London session open and the New York Session open. Basically, if the first candle closes as a Bear, the bot should Sell, if it closes as a Bull, the bot should Buy
Can someone please tell me what this code reads from the hst file? datapath= TerminalInfoString ( 3 )+ "\\history\\" +account_server+ "\\" + Symbol ()+ "240" + ".hst" ; ReadFileHst(datapath); static datetime previousBar; if (previousBar!=Time[ 0 ]) {
Does anyone know what I have to do to link MQL5 to MT4 and get a VPS on a Mac? What tabs/steps do I need to take? And is there any number for tech support? Thanks, Colin
Hi everyone, Sorry if this is a stupid question and has maybe been answered and asked before but I am looking for a EA that manages my manual trades. For example if I make a market order from my phone I want the EA to then manage the order if it goes against my trade like 10 pips lets say it adds a
Hi, How can I find out how many indicators are actif and their names (shortname) ? I know with ChartIndicatorsTotal() you can get the visually dropped indicators; but I mean the indicators used by an EA with for instance the iCustom command and that are not visual. Thx, Danny