Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 151

error 202, 20  (3)
I have this little logic that is supposed to help me building up cases for names of tree leaves. The names can consist of n terms, say MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4... MAn. They can all be used only once because each of them describe a unique combination of the said indicators from highest to lowest. So it
I'm attaching a screenshot of what happened here. Basically, on candle close above a support line or below a resistance line the expert should open a trade on the next candle. However, towards the end of the day it took a few odd trades, two trades on the same candle in very odd spots. Any idea why
Hi, I have MT5. I've written a nice algo that works quite fast. I wrote a program to try different settings. It closes and opens MT5 on each run so I can change the settings. I can run it overnight, but after about half an hour of multiple tests it slows down so much I have to reboot my computer. In
I've read about ArrayBsearch but from docs I don't know whether it can be used to search for an element in a two dimensional array. I have the following array: double sZones[][ 2 ]; double upperVal = 0.2312 ; double upperVal = 0.2303 ; How can I search through each of the contained double pairs to
  MA cross/Price cross MA EA  (186   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
Hello, Does anyone know where i can get a simple EA where when 2 Moving Averages cross a buy/sell order is placed - or - When price crosses a MA then a buy/sell order is placed.... I have looked but cant seem to find it..... Anyone have any ideas.... Thanks
Please check the picture attached. Every second it changed from enable to disable, all the time, it does not stop. Anyone knows what it could happened? I have good Internet connection and my EA was working perfectly in the past. Hope to hear from anyone of you soon, MANY THANKS
in 2014 i do WFA, tons of learning also in asirikuy about how robust is WFA method, trade on open bar only, etc2 but its an effort too much, i always WFA my EA for weeks or month. And an Open Bar EA surely had long stagnant Drawdown period. As at the end , im coming to my own conclusion, continous
Hello all, I want to know, Is it possible to Modify Market Order Lot size with my expert adviser, Let assumed, I Opened 1 Lot size buy Order and now I want to close 0.5 Lot size. If Possible Let me know Thank you in advance
The StopLossPrice always returns the correct value. However, the price it returns is not always the correct amount of decimal places. Does anyone know why and how it can be corrected? Thank you double StopLossPrice() { // Buying Opportunities if (BullishCandlestick() == true &&
Hi, I am hoping someone can help with regards to expert advisors in MT5. I have purchased an EA and enabled algo trading but regardless of the expert advisor I add to my chart the EA icon in the top right of the chart remains blue without the green icon to show the EA is running, as can be seen in
Hello, I have been playing with CExpert, CExpertSignal for trying to generate buy/sell signals. I have been able to use different signal classes to generate buy/sell. But I want to add one derived class of either CExpert or CExpertSignal which will either allow or disallow the trades based on
Hello, I’m planning to sell some expert I have developed in the mql5.com market. My issue is that I’m using standard function such as iMa(), iRSI(), iATR() in the code and a buyer can modify these functions and make the expert not work correctly. The only solution I have currently is to rewrite the
  Profit  (1)
Is there any EA that give more profit then losses or are there only lossses and small profit
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| MAENA.mq5 |//| Copyright 2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//| http://www.mql5.com...
The following document: https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits does not give the limitation imposed for Stop Limit orders. I am using MT5 and I an getting a lot of "invalid order" and "invalid stop" errors. I suspect one of the reasons might be the above though I am using MT5. I want to double check
Hello, the ea is suppose to open a trade when candle[3] is bearish and 2 candles bullish ( candle [2] & candle[1]) but it opens positions on the first signal till it hit the SL then it looks for another signal. How do I stop this
Hello, I have had an interesting failure in my EA recently when closing the order that I have never seen before. The function as everyone knows is this bool OrderClose( int ticket, // ticket double lots, // volume double price, // close price int
Hello. I'm noticing something a bit strange about my trades on MT5. My EA has been working perfectly until now. I noticed that a certain functionality no longer work. I contacted my broker and was told that they've thoroughly checked my account and confirmed that there are no limitations for me to
Hi All, I'm new here, and I'm kinda stuck, I'm trying to synchronize my system with the hosting server but every time I do I just get this message appear In my Journal? 1 19:31:14.090 Virtual Hosting : 6311211 obsolete version of "Hedge.ex4" cannot be transferred to the hosting server, please
Hi all, Inside my OnTick function I need to define a boolean ONLY after opening a trade and then redefine it later after a partial exit is triggered (on a later tick) - I then check this variable once there are open positions to determine if the first partial exit has happened or not, however this
Hello, i am getting the following error when testing: invalid pointer access in 'S_D_Trader.mq5' (58,13) This is the important part of the indicator. The Method CheckForMitigation() return a Pointer of Zone object. I never had so many problems while programming OOP, like with this language. Can
I have working trade panel, code not giving errors but there is a warning: 1st. problem 2.problem Recently I noticed that arrows and lines of closed trades are placed over the panel. Not such problem occured previously
Hi, I have an RSI-Trader EA I made that simply makes trades at certain RSI levels at different changeable RSI settings. Some pairs it works fine on some pairs not so much. I want to know why when I try to invert the trading mechanism, so that in the two different if, else brackets instead of buy the
[Deleted]
I was wondering if there was a way the ea can plot support and resistance by itself and trade it base off of candlestick pattern. But mostly wanted to know about how to code a Ea that plots support and resistance
In an EA that I am developing in MQL5, I use the function SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE ) to get the tick value of pairs that I am trading. It gives me the correct tick value when I run the EA normally. However, when I run it on the strategy tester the function returns wrong tick
Ive come across a warning when writing an expert advisor that I don't understand. I have some ideas on why I'm getting it but was hoping someone could clarify. I'm getting the warning possible loss of data due to type conversion warning when compiling the code attached. I know this error is normally
When I launch the tester from the command line everything works fine except for the OptimizationCriterion parameter. With values from 0 to 6 everything works correctly but I can't set the "Complex Criterion max" value. I tried to save the tester settings and the file that is produced is: [Tester]
[Deleted]
Hi Friends I failed to understood, why my EA keeps looking for old files which have been deleted / relocated to a different folder. It seems some where the Strategy Tester keeps old records and repeat them while running. As I noticed two times, I did change the TimeFrame, but Tester was using old
Hey guys, My recent optimization results are not what they seem to be. When double-clicking an entry in that table, both backtest and a visualized strategy run yield a totally different result (results of backtest and single visualization test match). Not only the profit is mismatching, but also the
Hi there, Pretty standard question I'm sure but the answer seems to allude me. I'm trying to calculate trade volume as a percentage of account equity given a specified entry price and stoploss. #include<Trade\Trade.mqh> #include <Expert\Money\MoneyFixedRisk.mqh> CTrade trade; CMoneyFixedRisk