Thank you so much for your help phi.nuts ,
I was finally able to cut the signals from 0.50 to 0.10 lots each , by increasing leverage from 1/100 to 1/500.... the % thing just did not work for me. And about the signal's tab disappearing , the broker just opened a case and will reply soon :)
Would MetaQuotes consider changing the subscription price from fixed value to a percentage of the subscriber's balance with a minimum fixed amount. I think it is not fair for small accounts to pay the same fee as big accounts.
How to set up my signal only for certain people?
I was IB, i offer free copying to my client and i use MQL5 to bridge.
I want my signal only for people who register on the broker through my IB link.
I agree with that. User myfxpt also makes several suggestion about signal fee in here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8766.
However, I think it's better to write to service desk.
Currently there's no way to do that :(.
Maybe, setting up higher signal fee and then offering a refund when the subscriber decided open an account through your IB link. The problem is, the higher fee and IB may not as competitive with smaller fee signal - unless you have profitable signal.
thank you for your help and advice
3 things related to publishing trades with the Signals program for metatrader 4 accounts:
1) there are brokers who offer greater than 1:500 leverage. Can users be allowed to copy these accounts soon? Maybe an additional disclaimer is required to be accepted, but I am ok with this.
2) Is it possible to have an additional validation of the trading account used? such as technique where you require a dummy pending trade with a generated code in the comments to verify the Publisher has permission to trade the account?
3) I get an error in one of my metatrader 4 journals: "2012.12.16 11:33:34 'xxxxx': Signal - failed parse json data". It seems to be about every 1-2 hours or so. But I was getting this error a day or 2 BEFORE i signed up to get the account published. Any ideas as to why I would receive this error? I cannot confirm if it is related to copying systnals
This account is NOT copying any signals. But just a few minutes ago I signed up as a signal provider. I was looking through the journal and noticed that even before I signed up, I was getting this error.
edit: one more thing. I cannot connect to one of the trading servers in IBFX Australia (demo) IBFXAU-MT4-ID01
I am sure the username and (investor) password information is correct. My mt4 connection is just fine.
1. Hope so. You asked that in here (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9050#comment_388339) and I answer that, just below it, in there (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9050#comment_388383).
2. AFAIK, there's no need for additional validation of trading account. You do read the signal rules (https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules) right .
3. You may want to ask that to Service Desk and IBFX-AU.
3) actually had nothing to do with IBFX-AU. The IBFX AU is a separate problem. I setup the signal for an IBFX account and the mql5 signals site fails to connect to server
IBFXAU-MT4-ID01. I have to type it in manually (it does not automatically come up in the list)
I did ask what I think is the service desk via email. Can you provide the exact url to the metaquotes service desk online?