Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - page 35

whroeder1:
  1. This is a user's forum not Metaquotes. If you want to write to them, read the first post of this thread.
  2. On MT5: Unless the chart is that specific pair/TF, you must Synchronize the terminal Data from the Server.
              Timeseries and Indicators Access /  Data Access - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Thank you, already I realized what you wrote in your first point and sent them this message.

Daniel Csigo:
1.23239 - this was hit during the day. So the Daily low should be 1.23239 and not 1.23255. So that is the problem.

Isnt 1.23255 lower then 1.23239 ?

Lows don't go higher, only lower.

Marco vd HeijdenIsnt 1.23255 lower then 1.23239 ?

When is 255 lower than 239?

-255 is lower the -239

I Developed an EA that was doing well with optimization at first,

I finished some Currencies optimization stages with no problem,

but at other currencies (GBPJPY/EURUSD) at later stages of optimization the process freezes after 3 passes, 5 passes etc. 

I reviewed the code many times, and

tried reducing the optimization attributes and values,

also tried deleting MT4 and reinstalling,

looked at the backtest journal and terminal journal but not a single error found,

from my experience it seems that at some optimization attribute it keeps looping with no results... since the processor status remains  high...

has anyone faced similar problem ?

Marco vd Heijden:

Isnt 1.23255 lower then 1.23239 ?

Lows don't go higher, only lower.
No, it is not. :) and it is not minus, it is the price of EURUSD. So the problem is that the real Daily low was 1.23239 which is lower than the 1.23255. But the new daily low was not refreshed in the iLow() function. It was refreshed only after 1 hour and this bug is my problem.

Daniel Csigo:
No, it is not. :) and it is not minus, it is the price of EURUSD. So the problem is that the real Daily low was 1.23239 which is lower than the 1.23255. But the new daily low was not refreshed in the iLow() function. It was refreshed only after 1 hour and this bug is my problem.

Did you check the return value ? i think it returns false or -1 or a negative number if it fails.

When you try to access it and it's not available then the retrieval will be initiated so if the function returns 0 and you try again it's usually there.

HI,

new version of metatrader 5 (1755) not run on Windows 10 build 17604 and not even 17104

and i see this application error

someone can explain me the reason please

thanks

Mario

Files:

Mario Trinchero:

HI,

new version of metatrader 5 (1755) not run on Windows 10 build 17604 and not even 17104

thanks

Mario

You can write to the service desk for example asking their advice (as far as I know - many people are using MT5 on Windows 10 with no problem at all).

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

Any new software inevitably contains bugs that are not always possible to detect even under the most rigorous in-house testing. We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

In order to improve feedback from MetaTrader 5 end users, we have implemented Service Desk section in each MQL5 Community user Profile. Any user can send a Request about problem discovered in our product.

Why a new section, if any registered user can write an error message on the forum? The fact that Service Desk is directly integrated into our in-house TeamWox GroupWare, that is used by our developers. This means that every working day in MetaQuotes Software Corp. begins with the overview of received requests about problems found in our products.

For this very reason we invite you to report any bugs directly to our developers via Service Desk. Your message will be immediately accessible to our Quality Assurance, Technical Support and Trading Platforms departments. Each request sent from Service Desk is compulsorily treated, and is either closed after fixing the problem, or queued for making a decision in the future.

We ask you to report each found error in a separate request, while adhering to certain rules:

1. The request contains description of only one problem. It will allow us to focus on its solution and during its processing and discussion not to specify what was corrected or was unable to reproduce.
  2. In request subject please specify a brief description of problem, so we can always find it among other requests.
  3. In the beginning of a request briefly describe the problem. For example:
  4. Give a detailed description of actions taken to reproduce the problem. Complement your request with screenshots (if necessary) that are referenced in description. For example:
  5. Describe the achieved result. For example:
  6. Describe the expected result. For example:
  7. Provide the necessary details to reproduce the error. For example:
  8. Provide additional details that can help find a solution. For example:

All these recommendations are compiled using our own long-term experience of communicating with customers, and we will be grateful to you if you adhere to them.  Please, notify us about found errors. We can find and fix them as soon as possible only with your assistance. With your help we will do our best to create the superior trading terminal for You!

HI,

thanks

Mario

Files:
Reason: