Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - page 104

mohammad shadvar #:

hello

Where do I get the server to install Metatrader 4?

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 300+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

By William Roeder

I'm tired
I'm tired
  • www.mql5.com
why i'm tired ? ho, let me think...

Hi,

I am Sabu from India, a member of the MQL5 forum. Since I don't have access to the forum, I  am messaging through another account. My problem is that I changed my mobile, so  I had to reinstall MT4, so my metaquotes ID changed. Unfortunately, I forgot my password for signing in to the forum and I have to reset it. But for verification, I need metaquotes ID which I have changed.

My new metaquotes ID is <...>

Please change my ID to this new one, my username is

cjsabu 

<...>

WhenIi go to service desk item on menu, it opens online answering chat app. It does not open new request item. It needs fixing as it totally isolates me and may be others from real contact. Can you guys fix it. The issue I have is that  my VPS fro Metaquote is stuck on checking the status of my account and it is locked up. No way to reach real person for help. 

iftikhargul #:
WhenIi go to service desk item on menu, it opens online answering chat app. It does not open new request item. It needs fixing as it totally isolates me and may be others from real contact. Can you guys fix it. The issue I have is that  my VPS fro Metaquote is stuck on checking the status of my account and it is locked up. No way to reach real person for help. 
The service desk is dealing with financial issues mostly, and all other issues (especially the technical issues) should be discussed on the forum.
So, open separated thread on the forum.

Guys, for days, I've been trying to solve this problem, but without success, so far nothing.

Can someone help me. All questions and doubts on this topic, there was no objective answer or respect. From the MT5 help, it seems simple.

But, when trying to solve the following steps, it does not connect directly, as I will describe below:

.ini file

[Common]

Login=[my account]

Server=[broker's server]

Password=[my password]

...end file

running in terminal

* the directory is on the drive, user=administrator,

and all necessary performance rights

example:

D:\MT5\terminal64.exe /config:d:\MT5\config1.ini

..ps, I've tried with /portable and also without /portable.

mt5 recognizes the command on boot,

execute it,

however, it does not connect to the brokerage account..., but creates a user on the metaquotes demo account

PLEASE can someone answer me..

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:
image1.png  93 kb

why am i getting this error on MT4 please fix it

AbrarHasinArib #:

why am i getting this error on MT4 please fix it

It seems that you are using some VPN or proxy that blocks your access to MQL5 Market.

This is due to recent Windows 10 upgrade - problem proven by reversing the upgrade.  This error relates to similar 443 errors previously reported by others.

Different default web browsers tried- didn't help.

No VPN being used.

Windows Firewall & network protection switched off, in attempt to resolve issue

Same problem on different computers, with same version of Windows 10.

MT5 works fine, just MT4 that's the problem.

MT developers need to liaise with Microsoft about this.

snorm #: Images: failed send request (www.mql5.com:443 failed), Images: failed read data (www.mql5.com:443 failed), Images: incorrect read data - This is due to recent Windows 10 upgrade - problem proven by reversing the upgrade.  This error relates to similar 443 errors previously reported by others. Different default web browsers tried- didn't help. No VPN being used. Windows Firewall & network protection switched off, in attempt to resolve issue. Same problem on different computers, with same version of Windows 10. MT5 works fine, just MT4 that's the problem. MT developers need to liaise with Microsoft about this.

I'm having no problems after the Windows 10 update. Please report your Windows build and MT5 build.

I'm using broker release build 3446 of MT5 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2 build 19044.2130 (feature experience pack 120.2212.4180.0).

Fernando Carreiro #:

I'm having no problems after the Windows 10 update. Please report your Windows build and MT5 build.

I'm using broker release build 3446 of MT5 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2 build 19044.2130 (feature experience pack 120.2212.4180.0).

Windows 21H2 19044.2006 - works

it's the upgrade that's awaiting installation (for the second time after system restores) that causes the problem.

MT5 build irrelevant - that works fine

Reason: