MT4 download

I want an MT4 download link, I do not want to use MT5... Most people want MT4 so why push users towards MT5?
Why should I go through a broker?

Stop annoying a lot of people and provide an option!!!

Adam Gill:

I want an MT4 download link, I do not want to use MT5... Most people want MT4 so why push users towards MT5?
Why should I go through a broker?

Stop annoying a lot of people and provide an option!!!

It was discussed many times long time ago so you came too late :)

Support for Metatrader 4 was stopped by MQ. Yes, there will be new builds for MT4 but for some fixing only.
If you want to download MT4 - go to the broker's website (there are many of them) and download.

MT4 will be supported as long time as the brokers will support it (and they will).

But as the people are asking for "clean MT4" to download and install so the users of rus part of the forum created Winrar archive here
You need just one file from archive: terminal.exe 
Extract it from archive, place it to your MT4 folder (or to the forder where you want MT4 to be installed), and click on this file.
And old build MT4 will be installed with MetaEditor and with everything (old MT4 but clean from the brokers).

After that - connect this MT4 to MetaQuotes-Demo server (create demo account with MetaQuotes-Demo), and this MT4 will be updated to the latest build (build 1170).

----------

I am not sure how it works now but it worked for me 1 month ago when I installed clean MT4 as the latest build on Windows 10 64 bit computer.

Thank you Sergey, they should just offer an old version. I don't see what harm it does for MQ.. just very annoying for people.

I can't log into my mt4 demo. can't find out where I can get a password reset anywhere. So i thought I'd re install mt4 and open yet ANOTHER demo account. Clicked on the MT4 download button, saved it, installed it, installed all my EA's and indicators........Nothing. Not working. Then I realised by chance it was actually MT5!!!??? How could I make that simple mistake? Went back to check it, but no, I did nothing wrong. The button clearly says MT4 download. Yet it installs MT5. Even the installer says MT4!!!!!

Thats not what I want.

I actually just want a password reset to my old account but at least now I have a new link to get what was supposed to be on the MT4 button!!!!

Cake:

I can't log into my mt4 demo. can't find out where I can get a password reset anywhere. So i thought I'd re install mt4 and open yet ANOTHER demo account. Clicked on the MT4 download button, saved it, installed it, installed all my EA's and indicators........Nothing. Not working. Then I realised by chance it was actually MT5!!!??? How could I make that simple mistake? Went back to check it, but no, I did nothing wrong. The button clearly says MT4 download. Yet it installs MT5. Thats not what I want.

I actually just want a password reset to my old account but at least now I have a new link to get what was supposed to be on the MT4 button!!!!

Exactly my point, don't offer MT4 download then miraculously somehow give us MT5 its false advertisement. 

Sergey Golubev:

But as the people are asking for "clean MT4" to download and install so the users of rus part of the forum created Winrar archive here
You need just one file from archive: terminal.exe 
Extract it from archive, place it to your MT4 folder (or to the forder where you want MT4 to be installed), and click on this file.
And old build MT4 will be installed with MetaEditor and with everything (old MT4 but clean from the brokers).

After that - connect this MT4 to MetaQuotes-Demo server (create demo account with MetaQuotes-Demo), and this MT4 will be updated to the latest build (build 1170).

----------

I am not sure how it works now but it worked for me 1 month ago when I installed clean MT4 as the latest build on Windows 10 64 bit computer.

Thanks for the file but do you have it not in WinRAR. Don't want to pay for WinRAR just for this one file. WinRAR trial only gives 40 days and thats gone. Now it's U$29

Cakeb:

Thanks for the file but do you have it not in WinRAR. Don't want to pay for WinRAR just for this one file. WinRAR trial only gives 40 days and thats gone. Now it's U$29

7-Zip is free

Cakeb:

You can also do it online,  many websites offer the service for free.

Keith Watford:

7-Zip is free

Thanks. I totally forgot about that program.

Mafuta Landou:
You can also do it online,  many websites offer the service for free.
Thanks, Hopefully 7 zip will work but if not I'll have a look.
Reason: