Non-dynamic trading. - page 10

is it possible to trade without trading?

Petros:

Here's another example.

Outside look a dog is sleeping. There are 2 options to pass .

1 You from a distance start examining it. The dog is big or small, asleep or not, if it is asleep it will wake up or not, the breed is calm, smart, or dumb and aggressive, etc.

And you start to determine whether the dog will attack or not. Suppose you determine that the dog won't attack, but you're wrong. What do you do then. (You guess wrong and lose your deposit).

2 You collect protective equipment such as a stick, stone, knife, gun, etc. And it doesn't matter if the dog will attack or not. You will calmly, according to the situation.

apply one of the defences.

I prefer the second method, because it is impossible to predict where the price will go: up or down.

It looks like a deductive method. I agree with the conclusion, and it is not important to know where it will go. The main thing is to be ready or be able to adapt. Yes, and I wish there were more calm dogs.

Petros:

Here's another example.

Outside look a dog is sleeping. There are 2 options to pass .

1 You from a distance start examining it. The dog is big or small, asleep or not, if it is asleep it will wake up or not, the breed is calm, smart, or dumb and aggressive, etc.

And you start to determine whether the dog will attack or not. Suppose you determine that the dog won't attack, but you're wrong. What do you do then. (You guess wrong and lose your deposit).

2 You collect protective equipment such as a stick, stone, knife, gun, etc. And it doesn't matter if the dog will attack or not. You will calmly, according to the situation.

apply one of the defences.

I prefer the second method because it is impossible to predict whether the price will go up or down.

This example does not fit the context of the topic. Unless you are asking if the dog is an indicator? Yes, the dog is an indicator in this case. )

tol64:
This example does not fit the context of the topic. Unless you are asking if the dog is an indicator? Yes, the dog is an indicator in this case. )

The current price, to me, is a dog. Does this mean that the current price is an indicator ?

Petros:

The current price, to me, is a dog. Does this mean that the current price is an indicator ?

Depends on how you make your trading decision. Describe it briefly.

You observe the current price, right? Do you see/remember its previous values? Do you compare them with each other? You don't just want the latest value, but at least the two latest ones, right?

tol64:

To what market events? To none. But it is a pointer to properties that point to market events. That is, those properties which, unlike the name, are volatile.

If a stock name on the screen changes its colour depending on some event, then it is not the name that is an indicator, but the property to which it is attached.

Perhaps there are traders who when they hear a stock name think: "Mmm, what a nice name. How nice it sounds. What stiff consonants... And how transparent the vowels are. I think it's worth buying for the sake of it. A promotion with a name like that just can't help but make me a profit."

If so, then yes, the title could also be called an indicator. ))))

Why not? The name already describes a lot of features of the instrument's price movement, which immediately allows you to limit trading techniques

Laryx:
Why not? The name already describes a lot of the peculiarities of the instrument's price development, which allows you to limit the trading techniques immediately

Because you're not just focusing on the title, but on the data you have in your memory. The data you have analysed before. And I, as an argument, gave an example when there is only a name and nothing else.

As the result, it appeared that by the name of the symbol you meant the previously analyzed data of this symbol, which give you an idea about it and is the very indicator you mean. Otherwise, how would you know about the specifics of the price movement of this instrument, and how would you make a decision about limiting your trading techniques, if you didn't have this instrument's data? ))

tol64:

Depends on how you make your trading decision. Describe it briefly.

You are watching the current price, right? Do you see/remember its previous values? Do you compare them with each other? You don't just want the latest value, but at least the two latest ones, right?

If you keep in mind that you need some reference points (for example, support/resistance levels) in order to trade, and they are called indicators, you cannot trade without them.

Petros:
If you consider that you need some reference points (e.g. support/resistance levels) to trade, and they are called indicators, then you cannot trade without them.
This is what we are talking about. There is no such thing as indicatorless trading. This concept was invented by someone, or as a marketing ploy, or as a psychological carrot after a trade failure (or based on personal tests) using indicators in the classic sense of most. ))

I have put these excerpts on the front page:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Trading without Indicators.

Barabashkakvn, 2014.11.09 16:17

What should I do if I want to trade without indicators? What to rely on when trading without indicators?

Briefly, what has been agreed upon:

1. Clouds are the cause of rain. Rain is a consequence of the cause. We must react to the rain.
    barabashkakvn
  2. And it doesn't matter to know where it(the price) will go. The main thing is to be ready, or be able to adapt.
    Tapochun

Reason: