Non-dynamic trading. - page 3

barabashkakvn:
Let's rephrase the question - candlestick-free trading - trading without using a Moving Average. Is it possible to trade without moving averages?

No problem. Let's say by patterns.

You could also use oscillators like stochastics.

But generally speaking, to do without using the moving average implicitly is unlikely. Say, the simplest "hammer" pattern - it requires the descending pre-trend. It can be determined by comparing the closing price of the hammer to the price, say, 10 bars before the hammer. Sort of like there is no moving average. But it is, in fact, the use of a moving average.

Speculator_:
I do not use indicators in trading, only the price chart.

An indicator is a mathematical filter applied to price. But already in the terminal itself on the server there are built in smoothing filters to the price, and even the tick chart is a product of the filter's work. That's why the term "chartless trading" is a fiction by and large.

By the way, all timeframes starting from the 1 min chart and up to the monthly chart are indicators, because time filtering is applied here with 4 parameters instead of continuous tick chart for a certain period of time.

Laryx:
So who's drawing the waves? This is the indicator. A wave indicator. It is not surprising. Clearly formalize the rules by which you build your waves and there will be an indicator.
I assume that the subject of this thread is the exclusion of indicators in its classic version. That is, we leave only the price chart. But if I am wrong to the subject of the branch. We should also consider the price chart as an indicator. Then we have only to take quotes from TV and analyze the news. But how much can we trust the news?

barabashkakvn:
Is it possible to trade without indicators? What to rely on when trading without indicators?

Yes, it is possible. I don't have any indicators, handles, and no lines from other programs. Even there is no "tp" and "sl"of MqlTradeRequest structure, but there is two-level deposit protection.

The robot handles each tick, and acts on the circumstance. It doesn't make senseless calculations and guesses where the price will go: up or down.

But it applies the ideas of Eliot, scalping, martingale, trend trading and speculative trading. It's all in the program. The forex trading strategy is changing rapidly.

VNIK:

An indicator is a mathematical filter applied to price. But already in the terminal itself on the server there are built in smoothing filters to the price, and even the tick chart is a product of the filter's work. Therefore, the term "non-syndicated trading" is a fiction by and large.

By the way, all timeframes from the 1 min chart to the monthly chart are indicators, because there is a time filtering with 4 parameters instead of a continuous tick chart for a certain period of time.

So the timing is different. I wouldn't say it's filtering but distortion, plus increased spread. In fact the terminal receives outdated information, but the essence of the wave idea does not change.

Petros:

But the ideas of Eliot, scalping, martingale, trend trading and speculative trading apply. It's all in the software. Trading strategy in forex is changing rapidly.

That is - Eliot indicators, scalping, trending, speculative trading are applied... Plus martin... Why protect the deposit if the martin is obliged to drain it ?

Speculator_:
I assume the topic of this thread is the exclusion of indicators in their classic version. That is, we leave only the price chart. But if I am wrong about the topic of the branch. We should also consider the price chart as an indicator. Then we have only to take quotes from TV and analyze the news. But how much can we trust the news?
You have understood the name of this branch correctly - the price chart. That is all. No indicators.

barabashkakvn:
You got the name of the thread right - the price chart. That's all. No indicators.

How do you imagine it? You look at the price chart and you see that the bars are going down - accordingly, mentally you conclude that the price is getting lower - in fact, this is the "mental construction of the indicator".

Laryx:

How do you imagine it? You look at the price chart and you see that the bars are going down - accordingly, mentally you conclude that the price is getting lower - in fact, this is the "mental construction of the indicator".

The Expert Advisor (the program in MQL4/5) cannot be taught as a human perception of a picture. The program operates with mathematical categories: "addition", "subtraction", "division", "multiplication" and various probability calculations derived from them.

barabashkakvn:
You got the name of the thread right - the price chart. That's it. No indicators.
Yes, you can reassure yourself that I'm right, no matter what... But what changes from that?
Reason: