Interesting and Humour - page 4280

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I thought, 1,000 hours is a bit short for a light bulb. Then I remembered changing bulbs because they used to explode once a week, with splinters flying all over the room. Now I have LED bulbs everywhere and they are good, but not as bright.

I have to buy regular bulbs. I get LEDs - they burn very brightly, almost like daylight.

Alexandr Saprykin:

It's not just light bulbs, everything has a shorter lifespan these days. Remember TVs that used to work for 20-30 years without breaking, where are they now? They won't last that long.

i don't remember, because when i was a student, all i did was repair soviet electronics

The televisions were lousy made, the plastic panels for the lamps shattered at the touch of a finger, the high-voltage power tubes (transformers) kept breaking through, and they cost a shitload of money to buy.

so don't give me that "oh-oh, what a fucked-up country" ))))

Alexandr Saprykin:

You just have to get proper light bulbs. I get LED bulbs - they burn very brightly, almost like daylight.

Pretty standard LEDs, 6 watts, 30,000 hours

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Pretty standard LED, 6 watt, 30,000 hours

Almost every lamp model has two types of light: warm and daylight. Warm light was more familiar in the beginning (it is the habit of incandescent bulbs), but it is the dark one. If you take daylight, you get a perceptible increase in brightness.

Ihor Herasko:

Virtually every lamp model has two types of light: warm and daylight. Warm light was more familiar in the beginning (inherited from incandescent bulbs), but it is the dark one. If you take daylight, you get a perceived increase in brightness.

This is correct and it is natural because these two types of LED bulbs have different colour temperatures (measured in K - Kelvin), which does not imply the amount of heat they give off,
but the visual effect of perceiving the light source by the human eye.
Warm colour (
warm white) is about 3000K and cool or daylight colour (cool white) is about 6000K.

Here's a visual representation:

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't remember because, as a student, all I did was fix Soviet electronics for acquaintances.

The televisions were made in a terrible way, the plastic panels for the lamps were falling apart at the touch, the high-voltage gates (transformers) were always getting punctured, and they cost a lot back then, and you could hardly buy any more.

so don't give me that "ah-ah, what a fucked up country" ))))

Grommets went out a lot, they were in short supply. I used to moonlight selling them back in the '90s. A college classmate of mine worked as a technologist at a plant where they made them. He used to supply me with them from time to time, he was paid in wages for these transformers. I drove around the nearby towns in the Urals and offered them to TV studios. They took them without a sound, the profit was 50%. Yeah, the doldrums of the '90s, everyone survived as best they could.

khorosh:

...A college classmate worked as a technologist at a company that made them. He supplied me with them from time to time, he was paid a salary for these transformers.

And someone worked in another factory and was also paid by the products of his home plant - this one :)

Aleksey Levashov:

And someone who worked in another factory and was also paid by the products of their home plant - this one.

Tried to use it. The feeling is - I wish it would end sooner.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Tried to use it. The feeling is - I wish it would end.

You're right - an unpleasant feeling, I guess. I should have met a girl (woman) :)

Reason: