Interesting and Humour - page 3155

Igor Konyashin:

What's that? Are these the super-military facilities the CIA is after?

Just places foreigners don't understand, a kind of national construction and mentality.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What is this? Are these the super-military facilities that the CIA is after?

Just places foreigners don't understand, a kind of nation-building and mentality.

Updated the post above, see the clip :)

Alexey Burnakov:
Do you think it is technically very difficult to make an Arduino-based slash-and-burn homing cannon for mosquitoes? I've been dreaming about one of these over the summer. What wavelength of laser do you need, so that besides mosquitoes the room won't be scratched?

There is, they say, a very cheap and easy way to discourage the critters. People have tried it - it seems to work.

Alexey Burnakov:
Do you think it's technically very difficult to make an Arduino-based, self-targeting mosquito cannon? I've been dreaming about one of those over the summer. What wavelength of laser do you need, so that besides mosquitoes the room won't be scratched?
It's like Star Wars, shooting down enemy ships with a laser.

Alexey Busygin:
It's like Star Wars, shooting down enemy ships with a laser.
That would be a hit!

Alexey Kozitsyn:
It would be a bestseller!

Well, you can do whatever you want, but I think this system would be a bit slow for mosquitoes.

Alexey Busygin:

Well, you can do whatever you want, but I think this system will be a bit slow for mosquitoes.

I think it would be all about cost and that's it... But it's a fun idea...

Alexey Busygin:

Well, you can do whatever you want, but I think this system will be a bit slow for mosquitoes.

Once such a system is started, none of the mosquitoes in the room will ever be seen again.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I think it would all come down to cost and that's it... But it's a fun idea...
The cost of an ardunna, an arduino isn't that great. Who comes up with a name like "arduino"?

Alexey Burnakov:
And don't do it with a laser, but with a zoom lens) then you won't burn anything unnecessary.
Reason: