Interesting and Humour - page 2278

C-4:

It happened in the spring of 1994. A young American, Ronald Opus, decided to commit suicide. He wrote in his suicide note that he, Ronald, had taken the decision because of financial difficulties and the lack of understanding from his parents.

Although the whole story sounds like fiction, it is a fact actually recorded.

I'm not so sure:

The Ronald Opus Suicide is an urban legend about the hypothetical suicide of a fictional man named Ronald Opus. The story was originally invented in 1987 by Don Harper Mills, former president of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. Mills stated that he made it up for entertainment purposes[1] and to show how different legal ramifications can follow every twist and turn in a murder investigation[2].

The story first appeared on the Internet in August 1994[3] and has since spread widely on websites, chat rooms and in print publications (e.g. The Sunday Telegraph[ 4]).[4]).

Getting ahead of the curve: how Qiwi conquered the terminal payments market

Since the IPO, Qiwi's shares have been booming and falling fast. Why does co-owner Sergei Solonin not want to sell?

Before going public, Solonin held more than 50 meetings with potential buyers: explaining Qiwi's business model to American investors, who had never deposited mobile money through a terminal, was not easy. After Solonin talked about the company for half an hour, one audience member stumped him with a question: are the terminals really as big as the iPhone on the cover of the presentation?

The Qiwi CEO used analogies with several billion-dollar global companies at once: Green Dot, an unbanked prepaid card operator; PayPal, a leader in online payments and transfers; and Coinstar (now Outerwall), a major retail chain of money terminals. "Everything they have individually, we have. Technologically, we are comparable to each of them, the functionality is bigger," Solonin assures.

Игра на опережение: как Qiwi завоевала рынок терминальных платежей
Игра на опережение: как Qiwi завоевала рынок терминальных платежей
  • www.forbes.ru
Джинсы с цветочным узором, валяющиеся возле пуфика кроссовки, ноутбук в руках — а ведь раньше основной акционер Qiwi Сергей Солонин возглавлял банк и носил исключительно костюмы. «Мне классно, кайфово», — отвечает он на вопрос о том, каково это — управлять технологической компанией.  В день IPO Qiwi на нью-йоркской бирже NASDAQ Солонин все еще...

Mathemat:

I'm not sure:

To be honest, I'm pretty sure it's a duck too. It's an unbelievable coincidence. But it's still an entertaining read, so I posted it.)

On December 19, 2011, at 12 noon, the news of the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il spread around the world. In an instant, the whole country became a huge sea of tears.

Typical trader behaviour:

Something has to be done!