Errors, bugs, questions - page 1296

barabashkakvn:

Option 1: Draw a line and save the template. Then apply this template to the rest of the charts.

Option 2: Use a script or an EA that draws lines on several charts.

thanks

Gentlemen, please advise a newcomer. I work in MT4 (my broker does not work with MT5). I am currently working on Demo. I also have a real account, I lost $100 there already and decided to slow down). I would like to see how other traders work. How can I subscribe to the signal, so that I could see the provider's work, but his trades would not be copied into my account?

And another thing: I have not found how to subscribe to the thread, so that I am notified by email about replies. Is there such a function?

vodoleyvl:
My masters, please advise a newbie. I am using MT4 (my broker is not working with MT5). I am currently working on Demo. I have a real account too. I`ve already lost $100 there and decided to slow down). I would like to see how other traders work. How can I subscribe to a signal to enable me to see how the Provider works, but his trades will not be copied into my account?

You can always either stop or resume your subscription in the terminal. To do this, in the"Signals" tab, remove or tick the "Accept the rules for using the "Signals" service" box. However, if you disable copying, you will not be able to see in the terminal what trades the signal provider carries out.

vodoleyvl:

One more thing: I have not found how to subscribe to the topic so that I would receive e-mail notifications about replies. Is there such a function?

There is an asterisk next to the topic title (on the right). Click on it and the topic will appear as a "Favourite" in your profile.

barabashkakvn:

You can always either stop or resume your subscription in the terminal. To do this, in the"Signals" tab, remove or tick the "Accept the rules for using the "Signals" service" box. However, if you disable copying, you will not be able to see in the terminal what trades the signal provider carries out.

There is an asterisk next to the topic subject (on the right). Click on it and the topic will appear as a Favourite in your profile.

Thank you. Now all that remains is to find this tab "Signals". I searched all over the terminal, could not find it. I have tried to use forum to buy a terminal, found only short list of the top providers. There is only one FREE among them, but it is for MT5, while for MT4 all of them are paid. Where can i see the full list of providers?

Also, when I was reading about the signals, there was something like "investor password". I understood it that if trader gives such password to another trader, the latter can observe the work of password owner. Did I misunderstand something?

vodoleyvl:

1. Thank you. Now I only need to find this tab "Signals". Ran all over the terminal - couldn't find it. When I tried to subscribe via forum, I found only short list of top providers. There is only one FREE among them, but it is for MT5, while for MT4 all of them are paid. Where can i see the full list of providers?

2. Also, when I read about the signals, there was something like "investor password". I understood it in the way that if trader gives such password to other trader, the latter can observe the work of password owner. Did I misunderstand something?

1. If there is no "Signals" tab, you have to call and request from the merchant where you have opened a trading accountIf there is no "Signals" tab in MetaTrader

2. You have understood correctly.

barabashkakvn:

1. If there is no "Signals" tab, you have to call and ask the merchant where your trading account is openedIf there is no "Signals" tab in the MetaTrader

Where should it be? In the main menu - where "file-insert-service" is?

If I understood correctly, it means that I can observe the provider's work without copying trades? And how to organise it?

vodoleyvl:

Where should it be? In the main menu - where is "file-insert-service etc.?

If I understand correctly, it means I can observe the provider's work without copying the trades? And how to organise this?

In the terminal, at the bottom, in the menu "Trading-assets .... Mailbox... ...Journal" I select the Mailbox, in it the letter "Trading Signals, Social Trading and Trade Copying". The instructions are in that letter:

"So, you have an account, which means you can subscribe to any free signal now. To do this, just specify your MQL5.com account details in the client terminal. You can do this in the "Tools - Settings - Community" menu. After that the terminal will automatically connect to MQL5.com and you can select any signal you like.

All the preparations are completed, so now we come to the most interesting part - subscription to the signal. We open the "Terminal - Signals" window and search for the signal that meets all your requirements.

Okay, I click "Tools - Options - Community" in terminal, enter my login and password, which I registered at MQL5, then I press OK, window disappears and that's it. I do not know what to do next. I am following the instructions - "Open "Terminal - Signals" window. Where is this window? In the terminal? Or in a forum?

I don't understand your quote rules for shit. Everything repeats 2 times, I edit, delete unnecessary - it appears again.

vodoleyvl:
I don't understand your quote rules for shit. Everything repeats 2 times, I edit, delete unnecessary - it appears again.
Check this out.

I'm using standard MQL5 library and need to use Compare method. According to the help and code of base class, this method is virtual and "empty". I try to override it, but get the error call non-const method for constant object, because non-const methods cannot be used in a constant method. Please advise me how to fix this problem, I cannot figure out myself how to correctly override the virtual constant method. The only thing that comes to mind so far is an imperfection in the standard library. The search engine searched for this issue several years ago but the situation with this method remained on the same level. I don't want to change the library itself as MT5 update will again return to the previous version. I would like to use ready made methods of the class.

PS. I want to compare the list elements inherited from the CList class.

Reason: