Off-topic posts - page 13

Robert Cadogan:
Please provide me step by step instructions how to move the Forex MT4 platform on my desktop with the Expert Advisors to a Forex VPS in a way that someone with basic computer skills can understand 

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EAs and/or indicators in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recording after your first synchronization.

In order to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 (or whatever) chart, 1 (or whatever) EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

The tradepanel freezes for some time after trying to open too big lot size. It should be a millisecond  calculation. It doesn't happen everytime, but usually the first time.

REGAN JEYAANTONY JEYARAJAN: …help me to find or create …
  1. Don't Hijack other threads for your off-topic post. Next time, make your own, new, thread.

2. Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. You have only four choices:
    1. Search for it.

2. Beg at:

3. MT4: Learn to code it.
      MT5: Begin learning to code it.
      If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.

4. or pay (Freelance) someone to code it.
                Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help

hi every one

I am new here and  hope to find detailed example to Buy and sell orders for MT4 because it always refuses my orders

Joebreston: it always refuses my orders
Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. We can't see your broken code. With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any information for that.

Hello everyone, I am a forex beginner

OKOKON UDOFIA:
Hello everyone, I am a forex beginner

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Double smooth stochastic/ Moving average

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.20 09:33

I think - you need to start with the following -

1.The article - MQL5.community - User Memo

2. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

3.  MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

4. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

5.MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

Massimiliano Francone:
The FILE_COMMON directory is where terminal(s) are installed. I don't know...I need these files to save the EA transactions and I think the unique way to have these files available and updated is to store them in a hosted web server and to use the WebRequest functions to GET/POST them.

I'm working on this too.

After 2020-05-24 update of meta5 any "Expert Advisor tests" CAN NOT BE PERFORMED ; even load EA on a graphics is a time consuming process and not sure what EA will do ;

Please FIX NEW META-5 UPDATES! 

For some reason after I transfer my exe. file with bot it is not recognized after refresh in expert icon. Any ideas what is happening?
Reason: