Off Topic Posts - page 3

To add comments, please log in or register
itrade31
itrade31  
William Roeder:
Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum 2015.02.11

Why it won't work: Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum 2017.07.11

No, it's not the case! I know about the stragety and about martingale, martingale works only with working stratgy...

The strategy works fine, and even with Martingale works too, and i backtest it for more than 6000 trades and the account never got blown. i have everything setup in place!

Just i wanna improve the profit and while i was cheking the charts i found that the problem: (here it is in case you didn't see the message above)

If Buys Signal Show, EA Buys $2.. lost , step 1 martingale buys again $4 ...lost, step 2 mtg buys again $12 ... lost , in step 3 sell signal shows up!!! martingale buys with $36 instead of selling with $36!?

And more than 20% of the trades had another signal showing while MTG is in step 3, and they were wining signals, and while i'm using only 3 martingale step so this will increase the profit with more than 20%

dncencckjj
dncencckjj  
Hi am new Forex and I have a strong desire to trade. Still using demo account i need some tips to upgrade fast please 
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
dncencckjj:
Hi am new Forex and I have a strong desire to trade. Still using demo account i need some tips to upgrade fast please 

1.The article - MQL5.community - User Memo

2. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

3.  MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

4. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

5.MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

Where Do I start from?
Where Do I start from?
  • www.mql5.com
Hi fam! Am a total newbie in the forex niche... Just signed up here on this platform... Please where do i start from? I need help...
joaofirmiino
joaofirmiino  

Hello, I paid a programmer to make an inductor for me. Now I would like to add an internal or external backtest but I would like the mq4 code, is there any free?

I don't know how to program and the programmer doesn't answer me anymore.
Thabiso Tbos
Thabiso Tbos  
Sky L:

Dear experienced traders, 

I ran an EA for around 1 month, and I did a back test for last 1 month. 

What I find is the back test result is different to real trade history.

The author's ac and both of my friends ac didn't get the trade which shown on the back test result.

I have no idea how could it happened.

Do you know any reason could make back test result different to real trade history?

Thank you in advance and best whises,

Sky

Pls help me opening a real account
Sevensevenchinhaqui Chinhaqui
Sevensevenchinhaqui Chinhaqui  
Sky L:

Thank you, Unada-san. 

🙏 How to criet password on my login with Treda , lucky registion?
Jean Francois Le Bas
Jean Francois Le Bas  
William Roeder:
If one strategy was always successful, everyone would use it and everyone would be rich. There would be no one here. But for every winner there must be a looser as trading is a zero-sum game. Do your own research.

"for every winner there must be a looser"

i don't agree. This would be true if price was going from point A to point B directly

but this is not the case

If you buy, you need someone else to sell right ?

well, the price can go up (you close your order) then it goes down (the seller then closes his order) and both of you are profitable.

so on an so forth.

Jeff

Jean Francois Le Bas
Jean Francois Le Bas  
Boobwood:

Thanks

May I need to write carefully. Of course every earning and loosing money is my responsibility. I just want more reliable methods and strategy just for Test on Demo account. when i say reliable it means, it earns 50% of times or more.

Thanks for your complete answer. 

a working strategy is like a money printing machine.

how much do you think is worth a money printing machine ?

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Jean Francois Le Bas:

"for every winner there must be a looser"

i don't agree. This would be true if price was going from point A to point B directly

but this is not the case

If you buy, you need someone else to sell right ?

well, the price can go up (you close your order) then it goes down (the seller then closes his order) and both of you are profitable.

so on an so forth.

Jeff

And what that means to close an order in your opinion ?

Your reasoning is wrong, you need to take into account all the participants.

Jean Francois Le Bas
Jean Francois Le Bas  
Alain Verleyen:

And what that means to close an order in your opinion ?

Your reasoning is wrong, you need to take into account all the participants.

what about it ?

you close your buy, and there is another buyer who gets his order filled, then he closes when the price goes up.

where is the problem ? nobody loses

it's not the same person at the opening of the trade and at the close...which would be a problem if it was
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
To obtain the current market information there are several functions: SymbolInfoInteger(), SymbolInfoDouble() and SymbolInfoString(). The first parameter is the symbol name, the values of the second function parameter can be one of the identifiers of ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_INTEGER, ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_DOUBLE and ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_STRING. Some symbols...
To add comments, please log in or register