VPS not working - page 23

Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't think your problem is MQL5 VPS related, I see more than a network problem (of your own origin), than aynthing else, since nobody else seems to have something similar.

Try with a different computer on a different internet connection and see if it works.

I am facing the same troubles indicated here.

My EA works fine if I run in my PC (Auto Trading enable). But when I migrate it to my VPS it doesn't do anything. 

I have used VPS for years and I am facing those problems until now. I work with MT5 build 2361.

does anyone have the same problems? thanks

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

ALEJANDRO GRANERA VEGA:

I am facing the same troubles indicated here.

My EA works fine if I run in my PC (Auto Trading enable). But when I migrate it to my VPS it doesn't do anything. 

I have used VPS for years and I am facing those problems until now. I work with MT5 build 2361.

does anyone have the same problems? thanks

If your VPS is MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so check VPS logs (two log files) for possible error indicated.
I think - the most often errors/issue in case of EA for MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the following:

• you did not synchronize your Metatrader with open chart and EA attached to it (you can see it from the log files);
  • or your EA was compiled with old Metatrader build (you should recompile your EA with new build);
  • or your EA is using dll (check your EA to the other one sorry).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MIgration Faild Please check the journal of the platform

Eleni Anna Branou, 2020.02.08 08:49

At your local computer's MT4/5 journal, you see the log files of your local activity.

In order to check the functionality of your MQL5 VPS, you need to check MQL5 VPS's (right click in the Navigator window) >> Journals.

Don't confuse these 2 journals.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MIgration Faild Please check the journal of the platform

Eleni Anna Branou, 2020.02.07 09:15

These entries are just before the migration, it would be useful to see the next lines.

Also check the Experts Journal logs, for any problem migrating your EAs.

• www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

Sergey Golubev:

If your VPS is MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so check VPS logs (two log files) for possible error indicated.
I think - the most often errors/issue in case of EA for MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the following:

• you did not synchronize your Metatrader with open chart and EA attached to it (you can see it from the log files);
  • or your EA was compiled with old Metatrader build (you should recompile your EA with new build);
  • or your EA is using dll (check your EA to the other one sorry).

thanks Sergey

In Terminal log it says: "MetaTrader 5 x64 build 2340 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp."

I am using build 2361. Maybe this is the problem but I do not know how to downgrade my local MT5 version or upgrade my VPS.

ALEJANDRO GRANERA VEGA:

thanks Sergey

In Terminal log it says: "MetaTrader 5 x64 build 2340 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp."

I am using build 2361. Maybe this is the problem but I do not know how to downgrade my local MT5 version or upgrade my VPS.

Connect to MetaQuotes-Demo account and wait ... and MT5 will be upgraded to the latest available build. If the upgrade is not started so use 'Help - Check Desktop Updates' while connected to MetaQuotes-Demo.

About EA - check VPS logs related to synchronization, and more (look at my previous post).

Sergey Golubev:

Connect to MetaQuotes-Demo account and wait ... and MT5 will be upgraded to the latest available build. If the upgrade is not started so use 'Help - Check Desktop Updates' while connected to MetaQuotes-Demo.

About EA - check VPS logs related to synchronization, and more (look at my previous post).

thanks Sergey. It seems my local MT5 is updated (build 2361). The problem is the version of VPS (build 2340). How can I upgrade the VPS version?

ALEJANDRO GRANERA VEGA:

thanks Sergey. It seems my local MT5 is updated (build 2361). The problem is the version of VPS (build 2340). How can I upgrade the VPS version?

You can not upgrade VPS.
What did the VPS logs say? about synchronization/migration of EA with the open chart? error message related to dll? "old build ex5" file error?

Because if EA does not work on VPS so it should be the error message on VPS log telling about "why EA does not work" (and it/log is the only way to check the possibe error/issue).

If everything is fine in VPS logs related to synchronization/migration/ etc so it means that EA works fine on VPS (it is what I know).

ALEJANDRO GRANERA VEGA:

The MQL5 VPS MT4/5 terminal will upgrade itself automatically.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The MQL5 VPS MT4/5 terminal will upgrade itself automatically.

Hello. It seems that MQL5 VPS are not upgrading automatically because my VPS build is 2340 and my local MT5 build is 2361.

is it possible to force the upgrade in VPS? how often do VPS upgrade themself automatically?

thanks.

ALEJANDRO GRANERA VEGA:

Hello. It seems that MQL5 VPS are not upgrading automatically because my VPS build is 2340 and my local MT5 build is 2361.

is it possible to force the upgrade in VPS? how often do VPS upgrade themself automatically?

thanks.

They are but not at the same pace as your local terminal, be patient.

Hi

I have small problem .. I already registered and paid for VPS and I added it to the MT4 .. all was working and then it stopped and when I opened the MT4 I found that VPS is not working .

when I tried to registered virtual hosting to make it works again .. It's not found and give me that I need to pay another 15 USD for the month instead of that I paid and I got it working on the MQl5 ( on the site ) but on the Meta Trader it gave me that I need to pay another month .. 

Any solve for this issue ?

Reason: