Indicators with alerts/signal - page 609

cesande
cesande  
mrtools:
Cesande, added alerts to the candles and the cci changed the wording on the alert somewhat and the settings to match the candles and vise versa.

MRTools,

Thanks very much for adding alerts to the custom candles indicator.

After a good amount of testing I am still seeing that some of the alerts are not firing although the candle will paint (and remain painted after a reload of the indicator) if the conditions are met.

2 questions...

1) do you have any idea why some times the alert will not fire? I have all but the email setting set to true.

Again this is a hard one to describe in that some times all is good (fires the alert sound with the settings I have and does not fire the alert2 very often...) have heard alert2 only 1 or 2 times...

2) is there a place where I can get more detailed information on the CCI_Price user variable? I am suspicious that the setting I am using of 5 for which I believe is (Typical_Price) may be the culprit. I have found that the levels are Close, High, Low, Median, Open, Typical, and Weighted.. in that order. The issue I have is that I don't fully understand the non obvious selections and wonder where I can learn more on them.

edit... to understand my desired operation, I DO want the alerts to happen as the candle is building and as it crosses the level that I have set in the UV...

Thanks again

ces

William Snyder
William Snyder  
cesande:
MRTools,

Thanks very much for adding alerts to the custom candles indicator.

After a good amount of testing I am still seeing that some of the alerts are not firing although the candle will paint (and remain painted after a reload of the indicator) if the conditions are met.

2 questions...

1) do you have any idea why some times the alert will not fire? I have all but the email setting set to true.

Again this is a hard one to describe in that some times all is good (fires the alert sound with the settings I have and does not fire the alert2 very often...) have heard alert2 only 1 or 2 times...

2) is there a place where I can get more detailed information on the CCI_Price user variable? I am suspicious that the setting I am using of 5 for which I believe is (Typical_Price) may be the culprit. I have found that the levels are Close, High, Low, Median, Open, Typical, and Weighted.. in that order. The issue I have is that I don't fully understand the non obvious selections and wonder where I can learn more on them.

edit... to understand my desired operation, I DO want the alerts to happen as the candle is building and as it crosses the level that I have set in the UV...

Thanks again

ces

Ces, about your first question, think it was a problem with the candles themselves, but not for sure, anyway did a little changing on the candle drawing and it seems better to me now, both alert wise and candle drawing wise.

About your second question, the original formula for CCI uses typical price pretty good article about CCI here

CCI info

ps) to add about the alerts if you have all the alerts set to true you should get an alert as the candle is changing color, being that the bar is not closed you will have to be careful, because before that bar closes the candle could change.Also if for example you get a buy alert or green candle the alerts will not sound again until the candles change to red.

RIKI OLIVIER SR
RIKI OLIVIER SR  

RSI bar chart to Stoch bar chart

Good day traders,

I was wondering if there is a version of the RSI bar chart in Stochastic. May you please assit and guide me in the direction of one does exist. If not, can a coder please convert the attached to Stochastic. Thank you very much in advance.

Good luck and happy trading.

rikiolivier

cesande
cesande  
mrtools:
Ces, about your first question, think it was a problem with the candles themselves, but not for sure, anyway did a little changing on the candle drawing and it seems better to me now, both alert wise and candle drawing wise.

About your second question, the original formula for CCI uses typical price pretty good article about CCI here

CCI info

ps) to add about the alerts if you have all the alerts set to true you should get an alert as the candle is changing color, being that the bar is not closed you will have to be careful, because before that bar closes the candle could change.Also if for example you get a buy alert or green candle the alerts will not sound again until the candles change to red.

Thanks SO much for your very fast reply and work!

I changed the "OnCurrent" default you have from false to true and will test as I do want the heads up as the candle is building.

Will leave CCI_Price to 5 (Typical) as I study your link and the other definitions I have found on the different price values.

Thanks again sir!

ces

William Snyder
William Snyder  
rikiolivier:
Good day traders,

I was wondering if there is a version of the RSI bar chart in Stochastic. May you please assit and guide me in the direction of one does exist. If not, can a coder please convert the attached to Stochastic. Thank you very much in advance.

Good luck and happy trading.

rikiolivier

Rikiolivier, to make the rsi bar chart the rsi has price open,close,high, and low available, so was possible to make it, with stochastic you only have in the price field, high/low and close available, so as far as i can tell not able to make it using stochastic

RIKI OLIVIER SR
RIKI OLIVIER SR  
mrtools:
Rikiolivier, to make the rsi bar chart the rsi has price open,close,high, and low available, so was possible to make it, with stochastic you only have in the price field, high/low and close available, so as far as i can tell not able to make it using stochastic

mrtools,

Thank you very much for looking into it for for me.

Best regards

William Snyder
William Snyder  
rikiolivier:
mrtools,

Thank you very much for looking into it for for me.

Best regards

Rikiolivier, I regress with Mladen in the house it usually is, it can be done , anyway here is the stoch bars.

ps) updated version compatible with new mt4 builds posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

test
test  
mrtools:
Rikiolivier, I regress with Mladen in the house it usually is it can be done , anyway here is the stoch bars.

Nice. Thanks

blackjack2k
blackjack2k  

Support and resistance levels alert/email

Is is possible to add an alert/email whenever the price hits the support or resistance levels?

Files:
yigal
yigal  

Hi all,

Could you add an alert to this one please.

TIA

join.mq4

Files:
join.mq4 7 kb