Indicators with alerts/signal - page 47

Hercs
Hercs  
fxbs:
hi, Valeo! why so "one -sided":2and3? (what the use?) thank you

Hi FXbs,

I just read John Bollinger's recommendations and this is what he recommends. I have tried it out on the M5 and M15 TFs today and it is spot-on for GBP/USD.

More I cannot tell you.

Best wishes.

Hercs
Hercs  

Alert not working...

Could someone be so kind and fix this ALERT for me? When I activate the ALERT, it never stops.

Thanking you in advance.

Best wishes.

Hercs
Hercs  

Alert request..

Could one of you guys please put an ALERT on the this indicator for me? When the SMA crosses the Chimp2 please to have an Alert in the sense of an Arrow on the candles and pop-up alert on screen, please?

Much appreciate your help with this.

67 downloads and no one offered to help? , but I guess that is the way the cookie crumbles. Thanks to my friend Yannis, we are flying though.

Hercs
Hercs  

Please "anchor" this indicator for me...

Hi guys I would appreciate someone helping me to get this indicator "anchored" - it has the problem that it genuinely "repaints" up to 3 candles back. Test it on the M-1 for a quick response.

It is an incredibly accurate indicator when set @ default 14, but when used set @ 2 is where the "sports" begin. I have experimenting with my limited knowledge of changing indicators, but without any success.

Included is the "driver" which is outstandingly accurate and the "problem child" in the MTF format.

Your help will be much appreciated as usual.

Thanking you in advance.

There were no takers, except my trusted friend Gerhard who came up with the solution. What will I do without you, my friend? Be blessed.

Hercs
Hercs  

Arrows on RSI indicator...

I am in possession of the RSI_EMA_COL indicator and I like the feature of the Arrows showing on the candles when the crosses occur. (attached)

Then I came across the RSI_DynamicZone_RSI (I took off the rest of the name) which I like even better.

Please would someone be kind enough to do a similar attachment to this indicator so that we have Arrows appearing on the candles when the crosses happen?

Much appreciated in advance.

issi
issi  

One quick question with ForexOffTrend Alert, is it one of them indicators that adjust to the history or ....? It looks very promising!

Regards, Asgeir

eli
eli  

How to add alarm to any indicator

Hi

I see a lot of people here asking to add alarm when an indicator is light up. Especially when a arrow/bullet is turn on.

Actually, it is very simple task. All you have to do is follow the following instructions.

1) Every indicator has an indicator array that keep the values of the indicator. Values can be 0 or not 0. To find out the indicator name look for the command: SetIndexBuffer

In the indicator editor it should look like this

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer);

SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2);

This lines tell us that we have 2 indicator buffers

2) Look when the indicator buffer change its value.

In the example above we will look to line that contains the following patter:

ExtMapBuffer[number] = where number can be a figure or a name. For example: if(res!=0.0) ExtMapBuffer[shift]=res;

if after the equal sign there is 0 do nothing.

3) Change it to make an alarm.

After finding the value setting line we will add an alarm to it.

a) add { before the setting. In the example above :

if(res!=0.0) {ExtMapBuffer[shift]=res;

b) add the Alert command after the ;. In the example above:

if(res!=0.0) { ExtMapBuffer[shift]=res;

Alert("Indicator set");

}

Do not forget to close the }

4) repeat for every buffer value setting

Compile and you have an indicator with alert

Hope it will help you

eli
eli  

u are welcome

Nebula:
I will attempt to do this with an indicator. Learning this bit of programming would be good for me rather than to rely on others, I appreciate the instruction. ~Nebula

u are welcome

eli
eli  
trader79:
Could somebody please code sound alert for Fisher indicator which I am attaching. I need sound alert or an external sound file like an MP3. I would appreciate any help.

I change it for you. If you know how to program, use my changes as a guidlines

Files:
eli
eli  
fix_man:
Hey MT Experts,

Im trying to put an alert in the HMA indicator but where I put the code it seems to send me an email for every tick, can someone fix this problem to only signal an alert when the color changes from red to blue or blue to red..

I think this HMA indicator is pretty good! Thanks in advance

Codeguru - are you up to this challenge, thanks!

The problem is that u are not testing for new bar before u create an alert.

Here is what needed to be done

if (aAlerts)

{

if (tmpPrevious > tmp) //change the wt[?] number will change when the signal will trigger based on # of last bars

{

if (!aTurnedUp)

{

if (!BarChanged())

{

Alert ("Buy Entry - "+(Symbol())+" "+"EMA "+(aRperiodf())," - Price: "+DoubleToStr(Ask(),4));

PlaySound("alert.wav");

}

aTurnedUp = true;

aTurnedDown = false;

}

}

if (tmpPrevious < tmp) //change the wt[?] number will change when the signal will trigger based on # of last bars

{

if (!aTurnedDown)

{

if (!BarChanged())

{

Alert ("Sell Entry - "+(Symbol())+" "+"EMA "+(aRperiodf())," - Price: "+DoubleToStr(Bid(),4));

PlaySound("alert.wav");

}

aTurnedDown = true;

aTurnedUp = false;

}

}

}

tmp = tmpPrevious;

}

//---- done

return(0);

}