Indicators with alerts/signal - page 89

MrPip:
Sadly,

I added check of Shift == 1 to keep from having alerts for every signal on the chart. Only want alert on current candle.

Robert

Excellent work, MrPip. Hoping to get a grasp on MQL (albeit the hard way) and will learn from you coding skills.

Best wishes,

Sadly

hobbit:
Hi cja,

Would it be possible to add an email alert to this indicator? It currently has sound only.

Thanks.

Try this ....

PS Hopefully it won't fire-off an email every tick!

Thank You!

MrPip:
Try this one.

Other programmers should be able to make these simple mods to other indicators to add alerts. I do so when I have time but am very busy coding EAs.

Robert

Thanks a million MrPip! The alert for stochhisto works great!

Thank You!

Sadly:
Try this ...

Thank you Sadly for stochhisto alarm.

I loaded the one from MrPip and will keep yours also. Thanks so much!

Your welcome. Let's just say my one is the "nagging" version ... you'll see what I mean if you ever apply it to a chart!

MrPip is a good egg

Sadly:
Try this .... PS Hopefully it won't fire-off an email every tick!

Lol! thanks I'll give it a try. Actually, I don't really care if it fires one off every tick(although it would be nice if it didn't since it is going to my cell) because as soon as I get the first one it is time to trade and I will turn it off. So thanks a lot and I will give it a shot!. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again,

Hobbit

Dmi alert

Hi Sadly,

Well the good news is it doesn't go off every tick. I think there is something else going on with the original alert I uploaded that isn't doing what I want.

Basically I want an alert that will email me only when either a. (Dmi+ is above 25 and Dmi - is below 20) or b. (Dmi- is above 25 and Dmi+ is below 20) . Or whatever the levels are that are inserted in the levels tab.

I realize that probably has nothing to do with the email alert you put in which worked well but went off when both Dmi+ and Dmi- were below 20.

I don't know if there is anything to be done about that or not but I thank you for your time and effort.

Thanks again and I would appreciate any help if there is a solution to this.

Hobbit

hobbit:
Hi Sadly,

Well the good news is it doesn't go off every tick. I think there is something else going on with the original alert I uploaded that isn't doing what I want.

Basically I want an alert that will email me only when either a. (Dmi+ is above 25 and Dmi - is below 20) or b. (Dmi- is above 25 and Dmi+ is below 20) . Or whatever the levels are that are inserted in the levels tab.

I realize that probably has nothing to do with the email alert you put in which worked well but went off when both Dmi+ and Dmi- were below 20.

I don't know if there is anything to be done about that or not but I thank you for your time and effort.

Thanks again and I would appreciate any help if there is a solution to this.

Hobbit

I've looked at the code and there doesn't appear to be any user defined DMI input parameters although the code itself sets levels at 20 and 25 so I've altered the alert code to check to see if either of the conditions you mentioned are true and if they are then to send an email (fingers crossed).

Sadly:
I've looked at the code and there doesn't appear to be any user defined DMI input parameters although the code itself sets levels at 20 and 25 so I've altered the alert code to check to see if either of the conditions you mentioned are true and if they are then to send an email (fingers crossed).

Wow! Great thanks. I will try it again. I appreciate your help and will let you know the results.

Hobbit

DMI Alert indicator

The version posted earlier gave an alert when dmi + crossed dmi - either cross above or below. No levels were taken into account.

I modified the code to check for the levels as asked. The levels must be input as HighLevel and LowLevel. Default is 25 and 20.

Hope this works as expected.

Robert

Reason: