Requests & Ideas - page 218

mrtools:
Rayphua, from what I could find is the dynamic zones were not coded correctly, looks like the arrows are correct now. Is this what you are looking for(in the picture) as far as the dynamic zones go?

Dear Mr. Tools,

The arrow on signal cross for the yellow dotted line seems to be calling at the right places, however the arrow on signal cross for the blue dotted line still does not seem to show. In fact, the yellow dotted line seems to be doing the calling for both buy and sell.

Further, whatever that is coded for color #1 no longer shows up on the indicator.

Please kindly check, thanks.

rayphua:
Dear Mr. Tools,

The arrow on signal cross for the yellow dotted line seems to be calling at the right places, however the arrow on signal cross for the blue dotted line still does not seem to show. In fact, the yellow dotted line seems to be doing the calling for both buy and sell.

Further, whatever that is coded for color #1 no longer shows up on the indicator.

rayphua

Since I know that mrtools had a rough day yesterday, took a liberty to see what can I do. So made some changes of what I thought that should be done differently. Please check it out and let me know if that is what yo expected it to do and if it works correctly now

rayphua:
Dear Mr. Tools,

Rayphua, Apologize for the arrows being screwed up , anyway been trying to figure out what was attempted by the person who originally coded the indicator, the way it was and from the looks of it am guessing they were wanting the indicator to change colors once entering and leaving the dynamic zones, so coded it that way. About the arrows and alerts thanks to Mladen's fix now upon entering and leaving the upper and lower dynamic zones there will be an arrow if enabled, there also option for arrows and alerts for the qqe and signal cross and qqe crossing zero.Hopefully this will be close to what you were looking for.

mrtools:
Rayphua, Apologize for the arrows being screwed up , anyway been trying to figure out what was attempted by the person who originally coded the indicator, the way it was and from the looks of it am guessing they were wanting the indicator to change colors once entering and leaving the dynamic zones, so coded it that way. About the arrows and alerts thanks to Mladen's fix now upon entering and leaving the upper and lower dynamic zones there will be an arrow if enabled, there also option for arrows and alerts for the qqe and signal cross and qqe crossing zero.Hopefully this will be close to what you were looking for.

Hi Mr. Tools, thanks for your time. It looks correct, except for one small error, looks like the upper histogram and the lower histogram, blue and red, is swapped?

rayphua:
Hi Mr. Tools, thanks for your time. It looks correct, except for one small error, looks like the upper histogram and the lower histogram, blue and red, is swapped?

Rayphua, swapped colors back.

Mladen:

donchian.mq4

Could you use the attached indicator and create one plots a line graph of the PIP width of the channel lines in PIPs? Trying to use this as a chop like filter.

Add:

1) Input of a threshold line and plot that line as well

2) add a moving avg and plot as well

3) add alert on crossing of threshold

4) add alert on crossing of mov avg

Files:
donchian.mq4  2 kb

thorcmt:
Mladen:

donchian.mq4

Could you use the attached indicator and create one plots a line graph of the PIP width of the channel lines in PIPs? Trying to use this as a chop like filter.

Add:

1) Input of a threshold line and plot that line as well

2) add a moving avg and plot as well

3) add alert on crossing of threshold

4) add alert on crossing of mov avg

thorcmt

Donchian channel is calculated as highest high and lowest low over some period.

It means that it can not be made to be fixed pip width.

We can use average and add envelopes but that is a completely different set of values.

Or we could use the median of the highest high and lowest low as a kind of an average and then use it to build around it (that would be closest to Donchian). Let me know which way is more convenient to you

I'm not sure what you mean by fixed PIP width? I never mentioned fixed. I want o plot the difference between the two channel lines (highest high and lowest low). It would be similar to the BBDiff indy but using the Donchian channel instead of BB bands.

thorcmt:
I'm not sure what you mean by fixed PIP width? I never mentioned fixed. I want o plot the difference between the two channel lines (highest high and lowest low). It would be similar to the BBDiff indy but using the Donchian channel instead of BB bands.

thorcmt

This would be it. Treshold is specified in pips (they can be fractional) and you can chose what alerts you wish to be alerted on (treshold cross and/or average cross). Average can have the usual 4 types of averages built in in metatrader

Perfect and many thanks

One more small change. Can you change the output in PIPs (ie 20) whole numbers do I don't have to think more than I want too.

Reason: