Could you use the attached indicator and create one plots a line graph of the PIP width of the channel lines in PIPs? Trying to use this as a chop like filter.
1) Input of a threshold line and plot that line as well
2) add a moving avg and plot as well
3) add alert on crossing of threshold
4) add alert on crossing of mov avg
Donchian channel is calculated as highest high and lowest low over some period.
It means that it can not be made to be fixed pip width.
We can use average and add envelopes but that is a completely different set of values.
Or we could use the median of the highest high and lowest low as a kind of an average and then use it to build around it (that would be closest to Donchian). Let me know which way is more convenient to you
I'm not sure what you mean by fixed PIP width? I never mentioned fixed. I want o plot the difference between the two channel lines (highest high and lowest low). It would be similar to the BBDiff indy but using the Donchian channel instead of BB bands.
This would be it. Treshold is specified in pips (they can be fractional) and you can chose what alerts you wish to be alerted on (treshold cross and/or average cross). Average can have the usual 4 types of averages built in in metatrader
Perfect and many thanks
One more small change. Can you change the output in PIPs (ie 20) whole numbers do I don't have to think more than I want too.
I know what you mean. Here you go (all values converted to pips)
Mr Tools or Mladen,
First, thank you for correcting the Qqe Dz indicator. I have two requests I would like for you to help me with.
1. Previously I requested for a tape version of the Qqe Dz indicator, and Mr. Tools had a "ribbon" version of the indicator made, however that was not quite what I am looking for and after the recent corrections with the indicator the "ribbon" version is no longer up to date. Anyway, I would like to again request for the tape version of the indicator, that changes color based on the latest updated version of the indicator by Mr. Tools; price line above both dz lines would show blue, price line below both dz lines would show red, and price line in the middle of both dz lines would show white. Please see the screen shot where I have indicated "1. TAPE", this is the kind of tape I was referring to.
2. A simplified version of the qqe dz indicator where the price line (see screenshot where I have marked "2. LINE") changes color when increasing or decreasing from previous bar. This is so that I have a better view of there the trend may be going. I understand that there may not be enough buffers, so perhaps we could remove histogram color changes. This simplified indicator would be overlaid on top of the latest qqe indicator so that the complete set would show the additional price line color changes.
Rayphua, try these.
i found this indicator very useful.
i notice its decompile. do you know the original?
i need it to do some changes
It is not a decompiled indicator but it is a repainting version of TTF indicator (originally made by Nick Bilack). It is using TTF future bars for calculations which makes it, with default parameters, repaint 12 bars