• Get access

Requests & Ideas - page 220

bernards
bernards  

hi mladen,

I just caught the indicator misbehaving on regular 1 hour charts. In your experience, do you think it's fixable?

Pic 1 and 2 show normal behavior where indicator changes the signal because bar is still open. Third pic shows the signal moving back one bar. We're still open on the current.

http://charts.mql5.com/2/378/nzdchf-h1-premier-interchange-gateway-3.png

mladen:
bernards

Yes it could.

I was testing it on regular charts, and all is as it should be. Offline charts are yet another story in metatrader 4 and often we have problems that are originating from those offline charts and how terminal handles them. I told multiple time that when the number of generated bars in the offline chart becomes same or greater than the max bars on chart, offline charts start to behave unpredictably (usually what happens to me in those cases is that current bar is nit refreshed as it should but in step - you see sudden "jumps" in indicator values even though they should have been refreshed long time ago - it happens with almost all custom indicators)

My guess is that they were so paranoid in releasing the data format that it is causing the problems. For example, in offline charts, there is no way to set when was it last updated (in the hst file) since it simply does not accept that. And there are 13 fields that they claim are "unused" while I guess that they simply did not want to tell us what are those used for.

All in all, the usual story : we are kept in a dark with offline charts creation and handling and that is causing a lot of problems

PS: all this mightt be the cause for a total lack of offline charts in metatrader 5 (and they do not plan to enable offline charts in metatrader 5 ever). My guess : they know about the problems we are having with their offline charts handling and they were not able to solve them
thorcmt
thorcmt  
mladen:
I know what you mean. Here you go (all values converted to pips)

Mladen:

Can you add an option to make the threshold adaptive to the indicator in post 2187?

Inputs:

Use Adaptive Threshold (T/F)

If false then no changes, if true then:

ATR Periods: 14

Factor of ATR: .5

Threshold would be .5 of the ATR(14)

I am trying this since every symbol would have a different threshold based on recent volatility.

RWP
RWP  

Hi Mr. Tools or Mladen,

Is there any possibility of adding adaptive speeding to the following indicator? Many thanks in advance.

qqecfbadaptivedynamiczoneshistogramalertsarrowsmtf.mq4

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Hi Mr. Tools or Mladen,

Is there any possibility of adding adaptive speeding to the following indicator? Many thanks in advance.

qqecfbadaptivedynamiczoneshistogramalertsarrowsmtf.mq4

rayphua

That indicator is already using cfb for adapting

RWP
RWP  
mladen:
rayphua That indicator is already using cfb for adapting

Mladen, can you kindly check on the indicator. Somehow nothing changes when I use CFB, please check, thank you.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen, can you kindly check on the indicator. Somehow nothing changes when I use CFB, please check, thank you.

rayphua

ShortLimit and LongLimit are set to equal values for some reason in the default settings. It means that it does not have any room at all to adapt (it will always use same length since those lengths are the same) Set Long limit different from, the short limit and then it will adapt (tested it now and it does the job as it should)

RWP
RWP  
mladen:
rayphua ShortLimit and LongLimit are set to equal values for some reason in the default settings. It means that it does not have any room at all to adapt (it will always use same length since those lengths are the same) Set Long limit different from, the short limit and then it will adapt (tested it now and it does the job as it should)

Mladen, thanks for checking. Will set different numbers to long and short limits as you suggested. I'm curious, if different numbers in long/short limits is all that is required to show cfb changes, why not just place that within the coding? Or perhaps I am not understanding those parameters as I should. I see alot of CFB parameters in the indicator, and I am clueless as to what they are supposed to do. Can you advice? Thanks Mladen.

One other question, have you coded OMA in replacement of CFB using similar structure of this indicator, with rsi, wilders, rsx, cuttler, etc.? Would there be any advantage to this?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen, thanks for checking. Will set different numbers to long and short limits as you suggested. I'm curious, if different numbers in long/short limits is all that is required to show cfb changes, why not just place that within the coding? Or perhaps I am not understanding those parameters as I should. I see alot of CFB parameters in the indicator, and I am clueless as to what they are supposed to do. Can you advice? Thanks Mladen. One other question, have you coded OMA in replacement of CFB using similar structure of this indicator, with rsi, wilders, rsx, cuttler, etc.? Would there be any advantage to this?

rayphua

I do not know who and when changed the default parameters along the process of changes it went through (a lot of times people post their already changed versions and ask us to do some additional work - we (mrtools and me) can not check all the parameters too in such cases - the assumption is that the user knows why he/she set the parameters). That is one of the reasons why I asked multiple times that the indicators posted and asked to be changed should be the originals not the changed versions

As of OMA and CFB : they are completely differnt types of indicators. OMA is a smoother while CFB should detect if there is a trend or there is none. They can not replace each other

PS: you have to change the CfbDepth abd CfbSmooth and CfbNormLength from 0 to to activate cfb at all, I used 5,8,15 in my tests and used 10 and 30 for short and long limit

RWP
RWP  
mladen:
rayphua

I do not know who and when changed the default parameters along the process of changes it went through (a lot of times people post their already changed versions and ask us to do some additional work - we (mrtools and me) can not check all the parameters too in such cases - the assumption is that the user knows why he/she set the parameters). That is one of the reasons why I asked multiple times that the indicators posted and asked to be changed should be the originals not the changed versions

As of OMA and CFB : they are completely differnt types of indicators. OMA is a smoother while CFB should detect if there is a trend or there is none. They can not replace each other

PS: you have to change the CfbDepth abd CfbSmooth and CfbNormLength from 0 to to activate cfb at all, I used 5,8,15 in my tests and used 10 and 30 for short and long limit

Mladen, thanks for your explanation. I will try experimenting with it and let you know if I am still confused. Thank you.

Next, can you or Mr. Tools come up with a candle (not bar) version of the same indicator. Thanks again.

qqecfbadaptivedynamiczonestapealertsmtf.mq4

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen, thanks for your explanation. I will try experimenting with it and let you know if I am still confused. Thank you.

Next, can you or Mr. Tools come up with a candle (not bar) version of the same indicator. Thanks again.

qqecfbadaptivedynamiczonestapealertsmtf.mq4

rayphua

What would a candle version look like?