Indicators with alerts/signal - page 853

mladen:
Here is a version with alerts of zero crosses : regularized__momentum_histo_amp_alerts_mtf.mq4

Thanks Mladen.

You are always helpful.

mladen:
Pjotr

MA can not pass upper and lower band

It is a consequence of the way how bollinger bands are calculated : mo + standard deviation(s) for upper band and ma - standard deviation(s) for lower band, and since standard deviation can not be negative, ma never can cross the bands

Dear Mladen,

I think I was not clear enough. Please add my indicator to your chart and you'll see how it currently works. I would just like to get arrows and alerts also for when price (I also call it MA(1)) crosses upper/lower BBands and returns back in between them.

When applied to the chart I hope it'll be clear. If not, then please say so and I will try to explain it with different words.

Pjotr:
Dear Mladen,

I think I was not clear enough. Please add my indicator to your chart and you'll see how it currently works. I would just like to get arrows and alerts also for when price (I also call it MA(1)) crosses upper/lower BBands and returns back in between them.

When applied to the chart I hope it'll be clear. If not, then please say so and I will try to explain it with different words.

Pjotr

Please take a look at these two lines of code (lines 139 and 137 of the source)

UpMa = Ma + (StdDev*BandsDeviation);

DnMa = Ma - (StdDev*BandsDeviation);

MA can not cross upper or lower band (it can happen only, and only if you use negative values for BandsDeviation parameter, which is a wrong way of using bollinger bands). Price can cross bands, and that indicator already has alerts when the price (close) crosses upper or lower band at any time

If you are looking for a way t hide the bands simple set their colors to none

vavrey:
Hi Mladen

Is it possible to adjust this indicator so that what I presume to be the tick chart sound alerts (the "whizz" noises) can be removed and yet still retain its normal alert functions please?

That indicator was written in the way that the only alert it has is the sound alert. There are some later versions of that same indicator with extended alerts and alerting options

mrtools/mladen is it possible to add alerts for buy & sell to this indi ic2rluckystarv2.mq4 ? Thanks in advance.

Files:

ameets1972:
mrtools/mladen is it possible to add alerts for buy & sell to this indi ic2rluckystarv2.mq4 ? Thanks in advance.

Even though I first wanted to post the usual " is there am origina; (non-decompiled) code somewhere, on a glance I have noticed that it uses not 1 but 2 super signal like "signals" in the code. Knowing what super signal does, better not to make alerts for it

mladen:
Pjotr

Please take a look at these two lines of code (lines 139 and 137 of the source)

UpMa = Ma + (StdDev*BandsDeviation);

DnMa = Ma - (StdDev*BandsDeviation);

MA can not cross upper or lower band (it can happen only, and only if you use negative values for BandsDeviation parameter, which is a wrong way of using bollinger bands). Price can cross bands, and that indicator already has alerts when the price (close) crosses upper or lower band at any time

If you are looking for a way t hide the bands simple set their colors to none

Mr. Mladen, thank you for your inputs.

I'll try to put it this way: would it be possible to edit the code so that arrows and alerts show on the chart ALSO when price crosses bands from outside the bands to the inner part of BB (the area between upper and lower bands). Now they are shown only when price crosses bands from the inside out.

Pjotr:
Mr. Mladen, thank you for your inputs. I'll try to put it this way: would it be possible to edit the code so that arrows and alerts show on the chart ALSO when price crosses bands from outside the bands to the inner part of BB (the area between upper and lower bands). Now they are shown only when price crosses bands from the inside out.

Hi Pjotr, think this version may do what you are asking.

mladen:
That indicator was written in the way that the only alert it has is the sound alert. There are some later versions of that same indicator with extended alerts and alerting options

Thanks for your reply Mladen. Yes, I have found a later version - here it is:

Jim Clark:
Dear mladen, mrtools,

please could you make an alert if the color change.

The alert should show Pair, Timeframe and if Buy or Sell, and it should be appear when the candle is already closed.

Many Thanks in advance

Greatings

Hi Jim Clark, added the alerts and an option for mtf.

Reason: