• Join us

Requests & Ideas - page 216

bernards
bernards  

Hi, I got this indicator from this forum. In practice I found that the signals (arrows and dots) tend to redraw themselves, It always moves the signal back by one bar after it's confirmed by a closed bar. Some times it jumps back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd bar from the current undecided. Another strange behaviour is that two signals cannot share a bar. If an arrow or a dot appear on the same bar, it'll start shifting each other around.

Is it possible to make the signals permanent on bar close. This will facilitate visual backtests. Many thanks.

bollinger_band_bars_2_bands__touches.mq4

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
bernards:
Hi, I got this indicator from this forum. In practice I found that the signals (arrows and dots) tend to redraw themselves, It always moves the signal back by one bar after it's confirmed by a closed bar. Some times it jumps back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd bar from the current undecided. Another strange behaviour is that two signals cannot share a bar. If an arrow or a dot appear on the same bar, it'll start shifting each other around.

Is it possible to make the signals permanent on bar close. This will facilitate visual backtests. Many thanks.

bollinger_band_bars_2_bands__touches.mq4

bernards

I have tested it in back test now and it all works OK

In case when that happens, are you by chance using more then one instance of that indicator? If yes, is UniqueID field set to unique value for each instance (if it is not so you might get strange results)?

Judging from the code, all is correct and so far haven't found any error that could cause the redrawing

bernards
bernards  

Hi mladen,

Could using it on offline charts cause erratic behaviour?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
bernards:
Hi mladen, Could using it on offline charts cause erratic behaviour?

bernards

Yes it could.

I was testing it on regular charts, and all is as it should be. Offline charts are yet another story in metatrader 4 and often we have problems that are originating from those offline charts and how terminal handles them. I told multiple time that when the number of generated bars in the offline chart becomes same or greater than the max bars on chart, offline charts start to behave unpredictably (usually what happens to me in those cases is that current bar is nit refreshed as it should but in step - you see sudden "jumps" in indicator values even though they should have been refreshed long time ago - it happens with almost all custom indicators)

My guess is that they were so paranoid in releasing the data format that it is causing the problems. For example, in offline charts, there is no way to set when was it last updated (in the hst file) since it simply does not accept that. And there are 13 fields that they claim are "unused" while I guess that they simply did not want to tell us what are those used for.

All in all, the usual story : we are kept in a dark with offline charts creation and handling and that is causing a lot of problems

PS: all this mightt be the cause for a total lack of offline charts in metatrader 5 (and they do not plan to enable offline charts in metatrader 5 ever). My guess : they know about the problems we are having with their offline charts handling and they were not able to solve them

RWP
RWP  

Dear Mladen or Mr Tools,

I would like to request for the following QQE CFB Dynamic Zones indicator qqecfbadaptivedynamiczoneshistogramalertsarrowsmtf.mq4 to be expanded upon. Kindly provide me with

1. Tape version with alerts of the indicator with options for (a) Zeroline cross, (b) Dynamic Zone cross, (c) StartBuy StartSell Probability cross.

2. Candlestick (not bar) coloring with alerts of the the indicator with options for (a) Zeroline cross, (b) Dynamic Zone cross, (c) StartBuy StartSell Probability cross.

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you very much in advance.

Ray

Hermo
Hermo  

Hello everybody,

I would like know some broker that can share an account with a partner. I mean, 2 people in the same account. In the most common brokers, only 1 people can or just a company. But must be some broker that allow do it! Do you know someone?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Hermo:
Hello everybody,

I would like know some broker that can share an account with a partner. I mean, 2 people in the same account. In the most common brokers, only 1 people can or just a company. But must be some broker that allow do it! Do you know someone?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

Hermo

Did you try to do that using "investors password" for that purpose?

The investor password allows another person to access the account but does not allow orders managing (it is a "read only" password)

Hermo
Hermo  

Yes, I know the possibility, but it's not the same. I want put both of us as owners, because the taxes (benefits and debts must share it in a shared account with our country laws).

Do you know some broker to do it?

BTW: what is the best ECN broker for you?

mladen:
Hermo

Did you try to do that using "investors password" for that purpose?

The investor password allows another person to access the account but does not allow orders managing (it is a "read only" password)
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Hermo:
Yes, I know the possibility, but it's not the same. I want put both of us as owners, because the taxes (benefits and debts must share it in a shared account with our country laws).

Do you know some broker to do it?

BTW: what is the best ECN broker for you?

Hermo

Frankly I do not know about such an option

As far as ECN broker is concerned : I am with one broker from almost the start of my trading days and have never changed the broker since. Since my broker is not an ECN broker, I think that other traders can give you much more information about their ECN brokers than I can (I can only tell what I heard, not what I have experienced on my own)

RWP
RWP  
rayphua:
Dear Mladen or Mr Tools,

I would like to request for the following QQE CFB Dynamic Zones indicator qqecfbadaptivedynamiczoneshistogramalertsarrowsmtf.mq4 to be expanded upon. Kindly provide me with

1. Tape version with alerts of the indicator with options for (a) Zeroline cross, (b) Dynamic Zone cross, (c) StartBuy StartSell Probability cross.

2. Candlestick (not bar) coloring with alerts of the the indicator with options for (a) Zeroline cross, (b) Dynamic Zone cross, (c) StartBuy StartSell Probability cross.

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you very much in advance.

Ray

Hi Mladen or Mr Tools, kindly look into my request, thank you.