Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 27

why do dealers go to so much trouble?..if they trade against you then all they need is their own EA to read their book and trade accordingly...there is not a regulated feed...

The EA's that are dangerous are the ones that hide the orders or the stealth type of EA...or Rent a Signal with a discretionary seller turning on and off several EA's.

ES

We need a third class of signal providors in the Rent a signal ranking...Discretionary traders not using EA'sneed their own section....This would be the unique attribute that Rent a signal can offer

ES

ElectricSavant:
The EA's that are dangerous are the ones that hide the orders or the stealth type of EA...ES

I'm a big fan of those!

^ I never got an answer about the connectivity problem from before.

Also, I really do feel the seller must state which broker they are using and what kind of account. This is because some brokers does not offer the same type of pairs available. And I just found out when I switched to FXDD that their mini account is very different than IBFX, the way they specify lots is totally different.

I received your PM and replied.

ElectricSavant:
...P.S. Also do we need to change the default of 1 in the inputs for the RAS version to 4 in this latest RAS EA? (the developers are smart...they have included this open architecture to allow different versions for different uses)

Do not need to change. At least there is no information to change.

ElectricSavant:
to simplify I think... the seller should have a drop down box in the RAS inputs to choose from (not just a version number). He needs to indicate the name of which dealer HE USES for that RAS EA and platform.

You mean brokers?

It is the idea to validate the sellers ... let's say: 1 or 2 weeks trial period when we all can see the trades and no one will buy. Just to see how it is working with seller's trading system.

Because there are some traders which are openning 200 trades and it is impossible to use many brokers with them. We can not tell them: "use different trading system", right? We can just estimate some limitation for buyers as "use ... broker", "use ... starting deposit size". Or just tell the seller: "sorry, your system can not be used with RAS".

And we will need a section for RAS on the forum. Public section. Because for now: there are many public signals and I see more public signals than commercial signals.

ElectricSavant:
I may be missing something or RAS can read the history tab...but.... The only problem that I cannot solve is when a seller turns off the EA in the middle of a trade (or some power or internet failure or broadcast issue at the sellers end) and RAS has this dangling open trade...When everything is restored & RAS has missed the close signal and does not read the history to correct...

It should be fixed now. For example, some trades are opened on Friday and it is still opened on Monday (in MetaTrader and in RAS website). But I will check it today.

Kenny Rogers:
I asked the same thing almost a month ago. Connectivity issues and how it is handled.

I will try to test this issue: i will open the trades and than will disconnect the Metatrader, connect and so on. Will see.

Because as I know few traders are openning the trades at work and closing at home (using different PC) so it may be very important for them.

ElectricSavant:
IF RAS can read my history tab...why does it use the DLL function? (and if it can read my history tab, why can't it read my personal info and EA code?)

so many questions and ND is sleeping...(I think he sleeps four hours only)

I do not expect you guys to teach me programming...but what does RAS do with the lost trades?...I cannot find the answer. It seems to be for RAS to be able to process history, then it could read info that the seller wishes to not reveal.

ES

I was not sleeping too much . Or sleeping but few hours. I am getting tired sometimes especially on Sunday evening.

dll ... you know it was old thread where I posted few years ago and cockeyedcowboy replied. It was the thread about ...

'impossibilty to use many EAs on one copy of Metatrader and about some library files which are managing some portfolio with many EAs'

Do not remember this thread now. But cockeyedcowboy is right person to explain it although he is not involved in RAS project development.

For example.

We all know that Metatrader can do one thing in the time. Metatrader can not close 2 trades simultaniously. Metatrader can close 1 trade, than after that - the other trade. And just imagine that MetaTrader received commands to modify 10 orders, open 55 orders, close 23 orders and open buy for EURUSD. Simultaniously. So, Metatrader will do it as the following:

- Metatrader will modify 1st order

than

- Metatrader will modify the second order

and so on.

And our buy for EURUSD may be will never be opened ...

And all those things should be sent by RAS using same Metatrader ...

I think dll file should do it or manage it.

I think there are the members who can explain more (cockeyedcowboy for example). Besides, it is fully related for creation of Portfolio manager tool (just an idea only).

ElectricSavant:
We need a third class of signal providors in the Rent a signal ranking...Discretionary traders not using EA'sneed their own section....This would be the unique attribute that Rent a signal can offer

You mean: devide the traders by using EAs and trading manually? Yes, it may be good idea.

Kenny Rogers:
^ I never got an answer about the connectivity problem from before. Also, I really do feel the seller must state which broker they are using and what kind of account. This is because some brokers does not offer the same type of pairs available. And I just found out when I switched to FXDD that their mini account is very different than IBFX, the way they specify lots is totally different.

I will test connectivity today.

Concerning brokers and account - yes, it will be necessary otherwise it will be very difficult for buyers.

Kenny Rogers:
^ I never got an answer about the connectivity problem from before...

I did one experiment now.

I opened buy for GBPUSD in my Metatrader:

This buy trade was recorded with RAS website (RAs seller sending the signal to RAS website) and this trade was recoded in clone (automatic buyr of this signal).

- Than I closed Metatrader with my trading for 2 minutes.

I modified the order for stop loss and take profit and close Metatrader.

The only Metatrader is open is buyer's Metatrader (clone = automatic buyer) because it is installed on remote server always working.

So, the seller opened the trade and closed his Metatrader.

The buyer did not close Metatrader expecting the profit.

According to RAS website and buyer's Metatrader: 2 minutes closing is nothing. When I opened Metatrader so it is still working and recorded and nothing is closed and no any error.

- I closed my Metatrader for the about 1 hour.

After 1 hour I open Metatrader.

As I see this trade was closed already in Metatrader (see previous image).

And this trade was closed for buyer (clone Metatrader) in right time (because buyer did not close his Metatrader).

And this trade was recorded as closed in the time I opened Metatrader once again.

It is buyers record (automatic buyer - visible for everybody). The trade was closed at 11:11:24 GMT time. It is automatic buyer's record which is visible for everybody. It is right time:

And it is seller's record. The trade was closed at 11:53:19 GMT time because I (seller) opened Metatrader in this time:

So, nthing happened in case of disconnection during the short period of time, and everything will be recorded and sent during the long disconnection.

The only problem is the buyer: if someone is using the signal as a buyer so he/she should keep his Metatrader connected. Or ask the seller about the time for the signals producing. Or avoid any critical disconnection.

Problems with 'RASHISTORY ALREADY EXISTS'

Hi

I've attached 3 signal providers to my Rentasignal account but the second and third ones are creating an error message on the Metatrader graph which reads "RASHISTORY ALREADY EXISTS" followed by the RAS ID numbers of the trades then, "x orders were received then removed locally". This doesn't seem to happen with the first signal I subscribed to, only the second and third ones. I've also seen the second signal start a trade and then be cut off immediately. I'm using Interbank FX. It seems that the system only allows one signal provider to function, but I appreciate that this is very new and is, in some ways, 'work in progress', but any advice as to how i can overcome this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes,

Daniel

You can use many signals. I am using 12 signal providers on 1 Metatrader (just for testing). To use many signals on one id you must have just 1 chart and 1 RAS EA.

How do you know that 2 providers are giving the errors to you? If all of them on one chart ...

But the system is on beta testing now.

It means that system is not ready to use for buyers.

The developers are fixing some problem with clones and some problems were fixed already.

But, anyway, this service is not open for subscribtion yet.

"Removed locally" means closed manually.

If I receive some trade as a buyer and I close this trade inside my Metatrader so it will be written: removed locally.

I have 1 "removed locally" trade which I closed manually:

By the way, the clones fixing process is going on right now so I am not suggesting to subscribe at the precent time.

Some expanded beta testing will be announced on this thread soon I hope.

Files:

dpaulo:
... "RASHISTORY ALREADY EXISTS" followed by the RAS ID numbers of the trades then, "x orders were received then removed locally"...

Besides, it may be related to what I explained: too many trades with different lot size for some signals.

For example, most elite section EAs do not have errors because trading once per week or 2 times in a week.

2 EAs (which I attached for testing with RAS) are trading very often: more than 1,000 trades for 1 day for each. No any errors. If you elite member so you can see those signals in free signals section. No errors.

May be, we need more statistics to know about what some top traders are doing and why we are having the errors with them ... or developers will identify the problems ...

If we decided that the sellers can do what they do for example so, anyway, it is the problems with clones in RAS. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Reason: