Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 35

newdigital:
"Insufficient money ..." on the chart?

It is normal case and it was explained on the thread: because EA is creating lot size automatically and minimum lot size is written on the chart and when EA is trying to open the order woth some lot size which is less than calculated so you will receive this message.

It is nithing with money. It is something with automatic MM and lot size calculation.

yes, i have this message but electra still trade...n propit... thanks a lot share this ea..

It is very risky EA because it is MTF. Read this thread about it https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

Electra EA MTF Stochastic mode

Hi,ND.

i found MTF The Escalator to Pips Strategy is hottly disscused in forexfactory.The link :MTF The Escalator to Pips Strategy.

I modify Electra ea1.11 by use this Strategy.but in test no trade emerge.

please have a look in the code.i think MTF Stochastic+electra ea will make profit.

Files:
electra_v2.mq4  38 kb

I backtest Electra v1.11 using default setting on EURUSD H1 timeframe from 1/1/08 to now, and the result was a loss. I thought there were supposed to be a >4000 pips gain. Did I do something wrong, or used the wrong setting?

Backtesting results are not valid for MTF EAs. Because MTF EAs are usig may timeframes simultaniously but we can backtest with one timeframe one. Thete are some other problems with backtesting with this MTF EAs.

In most of the cases backtesting results will be very different from forward testing.

It is similar case with EAs coded on open bar and backtesting on close bar every tick.

Because there are some account protection were coded inside Electra. It is something as: if you have loss on equity more than ...% from balance for the account so all the trades will be closed. Same with profitable trades. So, if you are trading this EA with 10 or 19 pairs so your account will be more protected as you will get your 10% loss more quickly and your 1% or 10% profit more quickly as well

But it is very risky to use 1 pair with this EA. If you want to use 1 pair - so use RAS with Electra: because I am forward testing many pairs with account protection included, but you can use RAS with 1 pair and you will have protection similar with 19 pairs testing.

Because: more pairs = more protection = but more often happened

So, 1 pair (or few pairs) with RAS = same more protection as for 19 pairs = but easy and not often

Electra v1.11

Newdigital,

Do you have forward testing details of Electra v1.11, as reported in thread "Total leaders"?

Yes, of course. It is forward test.

All the figures in elite section are forward test only.

If it is total since 2006 so it means that I attached this EA to the chart in 2006 and forward testing for many years with settings no changed ... mostly on one account.

There are excel files and forward testing statements.

Look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

And there is some thread namely

Market condition the EAs

where i am explaining about MTF EAs and why it is risky and so on ...

But if you want to look quickly so use RAS.

Electra is ID 184.

Just want to remind to the members this thread once again: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

Because it is very important to understand the differences between MTF EAs and other kinds of EAs.

Electra EA and Alpha EAs are hard coded MTF.

Hard coded MTF EAs are more dangerous than martingale EAs.

BrainExpert_v2 is anti-MTF EA. It means that profitable only with big movement without reversal of the price (profit but not often - once per 3 or 4 months only) and lossing just few pips only.

TrendStrengthExpert_v2and TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EAs and slightly MTF EAs. Why slightly? Because you will not lose all your deposit in case of market will be reversed.

It is necessary to understand the differences.

Because I am writing and creating the threads here not for myself. I know it.

So, please read it: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

And one more things.

If some EA is making 2,000 or more pips in a week so this EA can lose 2,000 or more pips in a week.

I just remember Firebird EA which I stopped forward testing because of unrealistic profit: +30,000 pips in a day by fixed lot 0.1 ... +15,000 pips in one day by 0.1 lot size ...

Because it may be -30,000 in one day ...

So, do not look at how many pips EA/system are doing. Look at the system itself, identify the systems, look at floating drawdown and so on.

If difficult - go to RAS and you will have all those statistics in one chart with sorting (and Electra, and Alpha and everything) without account restarting. Still difficult - use in elite section: there is RAS thread here and any EA is having the thread here.

I will not recommend any EAs in the way "use this EA" or "use that EA" but I will tell you about any kind of EAs concerning positive and negative issue.

Why do I need to remind it 100 times?

As I see, if we are talking about MTF EAs so most stable version is Alpha RSI settings. But it is also hard coded MTF EA.

By the way, do you know what is TSD?

forex tsd forum?

Look at this section: TSD Expert Advisors - Forex Trading

It is MTF EA as well (TSD).

Reason: