Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 33

Kenny Rogers:
Nice, ND. And say a good job to the developers.

Closed orders with no closing prices were one of the big fundamental problems RAS had. Let's hope that has been ironed out.

The extra stats and web design is just "gravy" <--Thanksgiving humor.

The description of The Gambler EA in the RAS site is cool!!

-----

The developers are doing a great job in my opinion, too.

I see only two little BIG problems with RAS:

1. Rentasignal.ex4

2. forex_tsd.dll.

Installing these in my system and enabling ddl calls without access to the source code in unacceptable. I can mirror my trades with a simple tiny mq4 EA that outputs to a txt file and spoonfeed RAS or whatever easily. Don't need dll calls. No reason for ex4 instead of mq4. The user may change the code? The site shows all the necessary (and fair) disclaimers. RAS or Forex TSD is not responsible for user behaviour.

Jairo,

I find this interesting below. Can you script the routine to deal with power outages and other interupptions and send information from the EA where it left off or was interuppted?

I can mirror my trades with a simple tiny mq4 EA that outputs to a txt file and spoonfeed RAS or whatever easily.

ElectricSavant:
Jairo, I find this interesting below. Can you script the routine to deal with power outages and other interupptions and send information from the EA where it left off or was interuppted?

Hi ES,

Yes, it can be done. But my point is: the code that does this job doesn't need to be compiled. Compilation means only that you don't know what the RAS code is doing. And this kills RAS transparency. Dll call is anothrer big blur. Run the software Depends on any dll. You will see that they can do anything.

For the sake of transparency and credibility, if I were running RAS project I would do my best to fully support the following RAS site statement:

"Earn more revenue from your trading sending your trades to our platform and allowing others to subscribe to your signal, while keeping your code and trade secrets private and to yourself." (bold characters are from the site)

That means source code supplying and getting rid of dll calls. Jmho.

Regards,

Jairo.

SignalTrader EA, SignalSender indicator and NewsTrader EA are working in this way https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

SignalTrader is trading text file downloaded automatically from forex calendar; SignalSender is sending the trades to the forex calendar Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars and SignalTrader is downloading it and trading. And I did public signals for few months here Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars

Same with NewsTrader EA (still trading).

It is the development of Igorad and some other developers. In those cases we are using webget.dll.

Almost same developers are doing RAS now.

By the way, I hope that the developers will make the stats and we all can validate the signals concerning min/max lot size, number of simultanious opened trades, drawdown and so on. And all things will be easy.

"Closed orders with no closing prices" errors are fixing now so I hope that we will have RAS version #6 on Monday (they said it).

It is some images about how looks this RAS website when I login as moderator of this RAS:

So, we can see some moderating features and some elite section EAs attached to the RAS (for elite members). I am planning to attach all elite section EAs with RAS just to save the time in elite section statements making.

So, most priority now is fixing the "orders with no closing prices" errors.

Webdesigner started to work improving website.

After they will improve and fixed finally so I will contact wth every signal provider for final validation of their signals to be published. We can do it in public in some cases (validation).

Files:

ND,

I bet you cannot wait! ☺ You will have so much more time ND....(oh no he will moderate more! I am in big trouble now!) I always wondered why you did this manually...you can also use FTP facilities.

ES

I am planning to attach all elite section EAs with RAS just to save the time in elite section statements making

Hi Jairo,

Few years ago the developers made forex news calendar for our forum Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars

Same developers are doing RAS now.

forex_tsd.dll is improved webget.dll

As to open source project ... as I know we are not only one who are developing this service. Some other forums from some other countries are doing it as well and in beta testing as well.

Jairo:
Hi ES,

Yes, it can be done. But my point is: the code that does this job doesn't need to be compiled. Compilation means only that you don't know what the RAS code is doing. And this kills RAS transparency. Dll call is anothrer big blur. Run the software Depends on any dll. You will see that they can do anything.

For the sake of transparency and credibility, if I were running RAS project I would do my best to fully support the following RAS site statement:

"Earn more revenue from your trading sending your trades to our platform and allowing others to subscribe to your signal, while keeping your code and trade secrets private and to yourself." (bold characters are from the site)

That means source code supplying and getting rid of dll calls. Jmho.

Regards,

Jairo.

ND, I bet you cannot wait! ☺ You will have so much more time ND....(oh no he will moderate more! I am in big trouble now!) I always wondered why you did this manually...you can also use FTP facilities.

May be some other people will moderate ... who knows ... I am just helping the developers to created moderating features as I am having some experience.

FTP is something different. It was the idea to connect elite section EAs to FTP, Igorad created some indicators/software ... but it should be necessary to create website, maintain it and so on ...

Besides, you know ... in elite section I am reporting about "this EA did 100 pips in profit by 0.1 lot for this week" (for example). But it is just the statements. And using RAS, the elite members may have those reported performance inside their Metatraders ...

I am testing about 60 EAs in elite section so ... let's say we are aready having 60 signals (some of the signals are free for all, some of the signals are free for elite members).

newdigital:
Hi Jairo,

Few years ago the developers made forex news calendar for our forum Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars

Same developers are doing RAS now.

forex_tsd.dll is improved webget.dll

As to open source project ... as I know we are not only one who are developing this service. Some other forums from some other countries are doing it as well and in beta testing as well.

Hi ND,

Thank you for your reply. I know you understand the critical issue about dlls. I agree to buy a dll if necessary (I think it will not be the case here). I bought a MetaStock dll some years ago just to be able to read MetaStock data with my Visual Basic code. But I simply cannot hand signals to a dll that I don't know what is doing. The developers are doing a great job, I repeat. But I think this security breach ruins the credibility of the whole system. I can't see any technical reason for the RAS signals handling code to be kept secret. This is a serious security violation.

Thanks again for your attention and congratulations for your great work. I hope this service will be running soon with great success, safeness and transparency.

Regards,

Jairo.

ND...with my limited knowledge, I must agree with Jairo...it sounds reasonable..(I have been troubled about zupcons post about dll's...and now Jairo's and I understand that competitors will be able to see the dll...but the tradeoff is that the sellers and buyers cannot and it is on their computers with their secrets!)

eS

P.S. Eventhough Pepsi knows the Coca-Cola recipe...would Coca-Cola enable the world to see it?

Jairo:
Hi ND,

Thank you for your reply. I know you understand the critical issue about dlls. I agree to buy a dll if necessary (I think it will not be the case here). I bought a MetaStock dll some years ago just to be able to read MetaStock data with my Visual Basic code. But I simply cannot hand signals to a dll that I don't know what is doing. The developers are doing a great job, I repeat. But I think this security breach ruins the credibility of the whole system. I can't see any technical reason for the RAS signals handling code to be kept secret. This is a serious security violation.

Thanks again for your attention and congratulations for your great work. I hope this service will be running soon with great success, safeness and transparency.

Regards,

Jairo.

ElectricSavant:
... and I understand that competitors will be able to see the dll...but the tradeoff is that the sellers and buyers cannot and it is on their computers with their secrets!) ...

As I understand from his post so he is worry that developers or moderators of RAS will ... how to say ... will know the seller's EAs codes. But I explained it already that no one need anything. Besides, this dll is doing same as well-known webget dll. And it is easy to know what any dll is doing (as I remember there is some software for it - do not remember now ... something as 'depends22' ...).

Do you believe that I will take something from someone?

Elite section EAs are posted as source codes in elite section ... so everything is openly posted.

And the developers will not do it as they are busy with other projects (not financial market).

As to the competitors so ... RAS is our forex-tsd service. And as forex-tsd service we do not have competitors. Who will do something for us? No one. Any such as competitors are develping something concerning their own ideas ... and not in English language forums sometimes ...

Besides, there is the server part of this RAS tool: RAS service = RAS EA + dll + server part of RAS.

Reason: