Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 26

Kenny Rogers:
And one more thing, even when the connection between the seller and the website was down. The website proceeded to download the rest of those trades (but omitted the trading symbol). So it is very weird how your program handles trades that was not actually placed in real time (because of connectivity issues), but they still download those results from the history of the statement. At least that is what I'm thinking.

I asked the same thing almost a month ago. Connectivity issues and how it is handled.

Good catch...was there an answer?

ES

Kenny Rogers:
I asked the same thing almost a month ago. Connectivity issues and how it is handled.

ahhh I found your post....

Kenny Rogers:
Hey ND,

I think your program is calculating the USDJPY pips incorrectly. It adds a zero to the end. So if it is a 10 pips win, it says it is 100 pip win. I noticed this while looking through the other beta testers statements.

Rest of testing is going well.

And one more thing, even when the connection between the seller and the website was down. The website proceeded to download the rest of those trades (but omitted the trading symbol). So it is very weird how your program handles trades that was not actually placed in real time (because of connectivity issues), but they still download those results from the history of the statement. At least that is what I'm thinking.

IF RAS can read my history tab...why does it use the DLL function? (and if it can read my history tab, why can't it read my personal info and EA code?)

so many questions and ND is sleeping...(I think he sleeps four hours only)

I do not expect you guys to teach me programming...but what does RAS do with the lost trades?...I cannot find the answer. It seems to be for RAS to be able to process history, then it could read info that the seller wishes to not reveal.

ES

ElectricSavant:
IF RAS can read my history tab...why does it use the DLL function? (and if it can read my history tab, why can't it read my personal info and EA code?) ES

the code in the MQL expert advisor can read the history tab. From what I remember MQL can only be used to read data from and write data to to files which are located under the experts folder. This basic security feature is there to stop the MQL code doing any malicious damage to other files on your system.

The DLL is a different kettle of fish, it can do pretty much whatever it wants. There's some stuff that the MQL language cant do very easily, for example communicating with a database, or a web service, so these sorts of tasks will be handled by code located inside the dll (although both examples I've given can be actually done via mql but hopefully you get the picture)

So we really do not need DLL for RAS?

ES

zupcon:
the code in the MQL expert advisor can read the history tab. From what I remember MQL can only be used to read data from and write data to to files which are located under the experts folder. This basic security feature is there to stop the MQL code doing any malicious damage to other files on your system. The DLL is a different kettle of fish, it can do pretty much whatever it wants. There's some stuff that the MQL language cant do very easily, for example communicating with a database, or a web service, so these sorts of tasks will be handled by code located inside the dll (although both examples I've given can be actually done via mql but hopefully you get the picture)

ElectricSavant:
So we really do not need DLL for RAS? ES

If theyre using a dll, its because thats the most sensible way of achieving what they want to do. I suspect that most of the communication stuff will be handled in the dll, possibly even some encryption too.

ElectricSavant:
IF RAS can read my history tab...why does it use the DLL function? (and if it can read my history tab, why can't it read my personal info and EA code?)

(...)

ES

This is a very good question. Is the EA code really safe with RAS? The files we must download (including DLLs) are compiled? In fact I have my (maybe silly) doubts if the MT4 platform itself (not an open source code) can read into EA code. I think MetaTrader doesn't have too much interest in this (they would get tons of trash code they would have to filter out, test and debug ). Anyhow, this is not impossible, I think ... or is it? (I am an amateur programmer)

Jairo:
In fact I have my (maybe silly) doubts if the MT4 platform itself (not an open source code) can read into EA code. I think MetaTrader doesn't have too much interest in this (they would get tons of trash code they would have to filter out, test and debug )

Metaquotes probably dont have an interest, but you can be sure the broker certainly has an interest. I think you can very safely assume that any broker using the MT platform possibly has access to the MQL files.

Why do you think Metaquotes are so reluctant to provide decent security ?

there is only one logical argument, and thats because it does not suit the brokers to do so. Now watch Lenar jump out of the woodwork and deny this

How does this industry keep all of these secrets?

ES

zupcon:
Metaquotes probably dont have an interest, but you can be sure the broker certainly has an interest. I think you can very safely assume that any broker using the MT platform possibly has access to the MQL files.

Why do you think Metaquotes are so reluctant to provide decent security ?

there is only one logical argument, and thats because it does not suit the brokers to do so. Now watch Lenar jump out of the woodwork and deny this
Reason: