PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 108

Calm you !!

I try to understand how he works

to say EA is crap

I have not that he is bad !!

I don't think leglac was rubbishing the ea. Expressing ourselves in a language other than our own is difficult - I would find it impossible in any other language than English.

Mind you, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that an ea is unlikely to work for me unless I can trade successfully in the first place. Doesn't stop me trying them out, mind

Having said that, I know someone who is trialing PipMaker pretty much oob with some success on gu. I am doing the same on eu, also successfully although it is early days.

Thanks for the generosity you show by putting so much work into the ea, Enforcer. Apart from the trading stuff, I am also picking up really useful hints about mql4 programming from reading your source code.

Cheers

Please

Very well said Enforcer!

Can you explain ProfitSkew and ProfitMode?

Can you, or someone else, post a link with instrutions about optimization?

Regards

First, is not my EA, I just made some improvements.

It was started a year ago and several people contributed to this.

Current version is 15 but those that do not read or browse this thread use 9-1 because is newest version available on first post

Each EA have good parts and bad parts.

Mai problem of this one is big drawdown, not making profit.

v15 have reduced drawdown ~ 50% and increased profit ~10% compared with previous versions.

About ProfitMode and ProfitSkew, they are pretty much explained inside EA.

ProfitMode have 3 options:

2 = Will close all trades once ProfitTarget is reached.

3= Will close buys once ProfitTarget is reached by buy orders only, same goes for sells.

1= will combine 2 and 3 and will close orders on what situation came first.

ProfitSkew is active only with MoneyManagement=true.

MoneyManagement calculate ProfitTarget and ProfitSkew allow to adjust default ProfitTarget.

Example: if calculated ProfitTarget =2, using ProfitSkew =1.1 will result ProfitTarget =2.2, using ProfitSkew =0.8 will result ProfitTarget =1.6.

About optimization you can read this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

or this

MQL4 Articles: strategy tester

Version 15

I have been testing this for about 2 weeks on a demo. I'm only running gbp/usd. So far the EA has produced 2862 pips. I'd really like to go live with it but, I think I better keep testing for a while longer.

Thanks Enforcer for making this EA safer.

Eureka

Version 15

Enforcer,

This is a wonderful EA. It backtests very easily and as the name indicates, it takes pips! I tried to backtest with the exact same settings used in your picture 15c. I come out with a little higher drawdown (~68%) but the profits were higher. I figure if you can backtest through the lean months of last summer and run tests to include the really rangy August, October and November 2007 months, this EA will fly on the GBPUSD charts.

I'm currently backtest Profitskew on a risk level of .5 with moneymanagement on. I left Trendspacing at 1000 but slid the ARSI trigger back to .008 and left profit target at 1 then ran with it. It backtested well Aug 2007 through Jan 2008.

Profitskews were stable at 4 although it tested to 4.75. Your profitskews work just as well on the moneymanagement feature as well as the profittarget feature. The base lots were coming back at .03 and the profit target was being set initially at 12 dollars on the profit skew of 4. Results are yielding an average of $1000 per month profit!

Can you give us an explanation of the Adaptive RSI Indicator and what .007 trigger really means to us novices? Also, if iTrend is set at false, does it need to be on the chart?

Also, do you have any suggestions on which settings should be "messed with" with other pairs, i.e.: EURUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY, EURGBP, CHFJPY?

thanks...and great work!

v/r

Jeff

has anybody found out the best pairs to use other than gbp/usd i have found any of the jpy's seem to have a big floating loss same as eur/usd.

007 trigger mean minimum difference between previous indicator value and current value.

If iTrend is set at false is not needed.

Try EUR based pairs (but not EURUSD ).

I made a quick test and you can get results as those (or better, or worse, depend on settings ):

Files:
pm15d.jpg  195 kb
pm15e.jpg  194 kb

Enforcer:
First, is not my EA, I just made some improvements.

It was started a year ago and several people contributed to this.

Current version is 15 but those that do not read or browse this thread use 9-1 because is newest version available on first post

Each EA have good parts and bad parts.

Mai problem of this one is big drawdown, not making profit.

v15 have reduced drawdown ~ 50% and increased profit ~10% compared with previous versions.

About ProfitMode and ProfitSkew, they are pretty much explained inside EA.

ProfitMode have 3 options:

2 = Will close all trades once ProfitTarget is reached.

3= Will close buys once ProfitTarget is reached by buy orders only, same goes for sells.

1= will combine 2 and 3 and will close orders on what situation came first.

ProfitSkew is active only with MoneyManagement=true.

MoneyManagement calculate ProfitTarget and ProfitSkew allow to adjust default ProfitTarget.

Example: if calculated ProfitTarget =2, using ProfitSkew =1.1 will result ProfitTarget =2.2, using ProfitSkew =0.8 will result ProfitTarget =1.6.

About optimization you can read this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

or this

MQL4 Articles: strategy tester

Thank you very much

enforcer

could you explain what triggers a buy or sell order if were only using the rsi indicator

Reason: