PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 102

montedoro:
Enforcer, OpenOnTick is not working, I think you just disabled it. Can you please enable it for me. I cannot test my Break-Out strategy. Now when ReverseDirection=false there is no difference if OpenOnTick=0 or =1, The orders are being placed in wrong way: 1st - 0.1 lot, 2nd is in worse position but the lots are 0.2, 3rd is in more worse position than 2nd but the lots are 0.3 and etc. It mean OpenOnTick not working now. Thanks in advance.

I never touched that function as it didn't seem to do any job, I set it to 0 and never bothered with it, if you don't believe me just compare code with old versions.

About templates and fancy indicators, they are ok for manual trading, what I need is something that feed data for automatic use.

Anyway, more likely we need a combination of indicators.

Hi Enforcer, above all indicators, there is a very important indicator - the price itself. So, when we close a bunch of trades for a tiny amount of profit target of 1, 2, or 5 dollars, most cerainly we are closing all these trades at the very beginning of a trend just started in our favour. Imagine we close only a few pips more in our favour - for the total lot size we have now, profit take will be much more. So, if we introduce a profit trailing feature, that will maximise the profit taken as much as possible, that will also postpone the start of the next cycle as welland reduce trade levels.

So, please introduce,

External variables

1/ Profit trailing - true or false

2/ Profit trailing start = x dollars

3/ Trail percentage of profit = y%

Certainly this will enhance pipmaker in my view.

Hope you see my view and I request you to introduce this feature, and thanks for your work always.

Enforcer:
I never touched that function as it didn't seem to do any job, I set it to 0 and never bothered with it, if you don't believe me just compare code with old versions.

About templates and fancy indicators, they are ok for manual trading, what I need is something that feed data for automatic use.

Anyway, more likely we need a combination of indicators.

I was thinking about this some time ago, but there is a problem.

It may be beginning of a trend and keep positions open may lead to great profit, but many times is just a retrace big enough to save our a$$, so, in this case, keeping positions open is suicide..

How to tell when is a situation or other?

I had some pieces of code written for global trailing somewhere, but was made to work on percents of balance, I'll see how to fit in PipMaker.

I suggest,for example, instead of takefrofit 1 or 2 dollars, we input take profit of 2 or 3 dollars and trailing profit set to true and trail percentage of profit set to 50%, so, nothing is changed much in take profit, so, if the trend is in our favour, profit will be trailed, otherwise, if that is a retrace only, the trail profit percentage will lock and close all trades with our minimal take profit (50% of 3 dollars). So, even if that is a retrace or change of new trend, both way we are protected, please suggest if you see anything good or bad in this idea. If we are very coservative we can even set the trailing profit percentage to 90%. Thanks.

Enforcer:
I was thinking about this some time ago, but there is a problem.

It may be beginning of a trend and keep positions open may lead to great profit, but many times is just a retrace big enough to save our a$$, so, in this case, keeping positions open is suicide..

How to tell when is a situation or other?

Thanks Enforcer, Really this will give pipmaker a new boost not just only in profit take, - weather you use reverse signal or any other variation of pipmaker, but also in reduced progression, I truely believe that. Looking forward to your valuable help.

Enforcer:
I had some pieces of code written for global trailing somewhere, but was made to work on percents of balance, I'll see how to fit in PipMaker.

Ok, let me finish my coffee and I'll start to dig up for that code

Take your time Enforcer, thanks again and again, have a nice weekend.

Enforcer:
Ok, let me finish my coffee and I'll start to dig up for that code

Ok, here is v15 with ProfitTrailing.

Changes:

extern bool ProfitTrailing = false; // Will try to allow profit grow beyond ProfitTarget

extern double MaxRetrace = 20; // Maximum percent of MaxProfit allowed to decrese before close all orders

extern double ProfitSkew = 1; // Increase/decrease ProfitTarget when MoneyMangement=true

For small balances effect of ProfitTrailing is minimal as 20-30% of 0.01 lots = 2-3 pips..

However, here test results without and with ProfitTrailing option.

Net Profit increased ~ 10%.

Less Trades.

Increased Profit Factor.

Max DD almost identical.

Files:
pm15.jpg  176 kb
pm15b.jpg  175 kb

Impressive equity curve!

FerruFx

Reason: