PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 112

Firstly MANY THANKS to the generous contributions of the coders and expert traders working to perfect this EA. I do have some simple questions, please, I'm not a coder although I've read thru all the 111 pages of this thread downloaded and pretesting all versions of Pipmaker. Currently working with the Waltini version and the standard Pipmaker V13: (excuse please my lack of knowledge on these points):

1. Putting EA on TF (does this matter?) If I put it on TF 15 min vs 1hour? Should I change defaults in any way? Please push me in the right direction as to what I need to do or look for in the code and if you advise changing same.

2. Also using Sniper on Day to track trend, I am changing trade to true for whichever trend Sniper and i-Trend show as strong, correct? (As opposed to hedging which my testing shows to be generally unprofitable on mini account). I am running 4 majors and 3 cross pairs on FXDD demo acct, live Oanda for manual trading methods (I'm a fibo convert...).

If anyone could recommend which version of Pipmaker to use for the daily trend, small steady profits okay (I'm not trying to make a million on day trading), would be most appreciative.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the new V15 and your comments.

Thank you again, appreciate your kind help

montedoro:
I agree with you. I also prefer to play with EA tuned for low DD.

You didn`t understand me about ARSI_trigger. The ATR_TF must ALWAYS be in M1, doesn`t matter RSI_Period=15, or RSI_Period=60. In the way you made it in V_15_1 it will totaly not working. Also if we increase the ATR_Bars this will increase the average value of ATR and will make the trigger harder - so in this way we can make fine tuning for different pairs. ATR has strange different value in each TF. Example: in M1 from 0.0002 till 0.0012, in M15 from 0.0006 till 0.0038, in M30 from 0.018 till 0.0135 (someting like this). All we need is M1. It fits perfect.

I have another version with much superior separate trailing but may be there is something wrong because is not working as I expect. In this other version impulses grabed by ARSI will not reset MaxRetrace to zero, they will preset the MaxRetrace to let`s say =1 or =0.5 giving last chance our profit to grow if the price continue in the same direction after micro_pause. I`ll send it to you when you want.

I understand you about trigger, just can't get lower DD in this way.

Only way to lower DD is to have ARSI and ATR in sync, both looking at same TF and same amount of bars, exactly due to discrepancies of ATR on different TF versus ARSI .

Looking at test report I wouldn't say is "totally not working"

with ARSI/ATR on M5 profit is 600$ with a DD of 8%, with M15 is 440$ with DD of 6%.

Just use 4-5 pairs with avg. profit 5% / month each and you can have ~ 20-25% / month and a max DD ~20% (if all pairs go in loss at same time)

I need some free time to make tests and see how is perform using different TF/bars for ATR and combined with other indicators.

erdenmensch:
@Enforcer / Montedoro

Hi,

i get no backtesting and live results with your EA - same parameters. Maybe you know, what I do wrong?

Better post here errors you may have in Journal.

charttart:
Firstly MANY THANKS to the generous contributions of the coders and expert traders working to perfect this EA. I do have some simple questions, please, I'm not a coder although I've read thru all the 111 pages of this thread downloaded and pretesting all versions of Pipmaker. Currently working with the Waltini version and the standard Pipmaker V13: (excuse please my lack of knowledge on these points):

1. Putting EA on TF (does this matter?) If I put it on TF 15 min vs 1hour? Should I change defaults in any way? Please push me in the right direction as to what I need to do or look for in the code and if you advise changing same.

2. Also using Sniper on Day to track trend, I am changing trade to true for whichever trend Sniper and i-Trend show as strong, correct? (As opposed to hedging which my testing shows to be generally unprofitable on mini account). I am running 4 majors and 3 cross pairs on FXDD demo acct, live Oanda for manual trading methods (I'm a fibo convert...).

If anyone could recommend which version of Pipmaker to use for the daily trend, small steady profits okay (I'm not trying to make a million on day trading), would be most appreciative.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the new V15 and your comments.

Thank you again, appreciate your kind help

Usually a new version is posted as an improvement of previous one.

You should get same results no matter time frame as each indicator have it's own definable TF.

At point 2, better run your own test to see what is convenient for you.

Enforcer:
Better post here errors you may have in Journal.

Thanks, i used and tested version 15_1 in 100 K - 1-H-account (not microlot). Ive changed the settings microlot fromt 1 to 0 and also 0.01 in 0.1. Ive the indicators RSIOMA, AdaptiveRSI and iTrend. I dont get any results in backtest and also in live demo account.

Where is the problem?

Files:
1.jpg  93 kb

I saw before such behavior, is related to metatrader itself.

Press F2 and download data for pair tested.

Anyone go live with V.15 or 15.1 ?

Well, everyone will agree that the system looks very stable and profitable , even the old versions were very good. Maybe one of the best seen on the net by the results of the DEMO account...

But from my experience the true test is LIVE trading. There you'll see that the results are some times the same, but a lot of times they are diffrent..

The big test is therefor going LIVE with this EA...

Does anyone go LIVE with the EA ? What are the results.. ?

Final word - Thank you very much for the information on this thread, i think the developer / s of this system are very capable and professional.. continue to enlight us with your wisdom...

(sorry for any bad spelling..english is my second language..)

Enforcer:
I understand you about trigger, just can't get lower DD in this way. Only way to lower DD is to have ARSI and ATR in sync, both looking at same TF and same amount of bars, exactly due to discrepancies of ATR on different TF versus ARSI .

O.K. I agree. The ATR value in M15 looks very high so we have less trades, but the DD is realy low.

About the DD you are absolutely right: how you can leave the robot to work and tranquilly go on vacation if you know that on tests robot shows DD 60%, but for me up to 20% DD is acceptable. It can happens only one time in two mounts. Else if we want to create EA with 3% DD it means that we want to predict the market almost 99%. So everyone must find the balance profit/DD for himself.

Backtesting/Tweeking

All,

The capabilities of this EA are great. Many thanks to Enforcer and Montedero for their most recent contributions. I agree with Montedero about drawdown. You must be willing to prove to yourself with backtesting whether or not you want to live with certain drawdowns. Frankly, I believe what Enforcer states. Saying that running 4 pairs with acceptable drawdowns on each pair using this EA will hedge yours trades well and create acceptable profit levels.

I have downloaded v15.1 and updated some of my backtests. I find that running 0 in the ARSI_Trigger gives a more stable approach to backtesting certain periods. I test using extremes (RSI periods and bars each set at 60 first, then 30, then 15). I always backtest with profittrailing on, moneymanagement on, microlots set. From this basis, I've come up with some stable presets for use on various pairs.

Take a look and run with the attached presets on various timeframes for the pairs. I found that backtesting Jan 1 - May 6 2008 to be best. Why? January 1st had huge hits for some pairs. Cross reference those results by backtesting Jan 3 - May 6 2008 and you will see a significant difference in the drawndowns. I am running these sets on demo accounts. My GBPUSD is bringing in an average of $40 alone! I am testing one more set, EURCHF as a set to round out my 4 pairs. I use these pairs because the brokers are charging only 4 pip spreads on EURCHF and GBPUSD. He's charging only 3 pip spreads on USDJPY and EURGBP. So, for what it's worth, I've attached the presets I am using on v15.1.

Files:

Enforcer:
Version 15_1
extern double ARSI_trigger = 0; // level to trigger trade. If = 0 will be used ATR as automatic trigger level

- small fixes to run faster on tester

Thanks Enforcer, looks like you have cut the backtest time for me by nearly half with this latest revision!

Reason: