PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 31

trendtrader:
"thats why if you stop the ea in the middle of his way, you will see the graph drop down"

This is not how the EA works. The sistem closes wining and losing trades at the same time when "ProfitTarget" is hit. Although, You'll always have your Balance curve above your Equity one.

Closing and restarting the platform is not a problem if you don't do it for a log period of time. The EA won't close any trade and once restarted, it will take over the open trades.

IMPORTANT: ericbach wisely told me in post #260 that I should change "TrendPeriod" to 80 since my TF was M15 (I was using 1200 which was the default value), and he was absolutelly right (1200/15=80).

I have 2 open demos at the same time and the one with "TrendPeriod = 80" has a DD of -7,90, and the other one "TrendPeriod = 1200" has a DD of -827,50. So everyone who's testing the .set I've attached, need to change this value.

I'm attaching both statements for you to consider.

CeroOnda

Ok...

I want to start over with a new demo...

I want to use V9.1 and 15 minutes.

I want to use microlots with IBFX.

I will start with $2,000.00 usd.

Can I simply:

Change three inputs (Lot: 0.01, SmallestLotsize: 2 and TrendPeriod:80 and use the defaults in the rest....or are there other input changes?

Late Edit: Now do I drag v9.1 and make the input changes discussed above, onto the 15 minute chart and never change TF on the chart after I dragged it into it and hit ok...right?

ES

I have 2 open demos at the same time and the one with "TrendPeriod = 80" has a DD of -7,90

I don't think I understand what this EA does. I thought I did, but perhaps not. I downloaded and installed neo's version from the first page and so far it has just opened a bunch of buys. Is there no hedging in this EA? It keeps opening buys? What happens if the price keeps falling?

I would try to make sense of it from the code, but I have no idea how to read this.

Thanks,

Doug

ElectricSavant:
Ok...

I want to start over with a new demo...

I want to use V9.1 and 15 minutes.

I want to use microlots with IBFX.

I will start with $2,000.00 usd.

Can I simply:

Change three inputs (Lot: 0.01, SmallestLotsize: 2 and TrendPeriod:80 and use the defaults in the rest....or are there other input changes?

Late Edit: Now do I drag v9.1 and make the input changes discussed above, onto the 15 minute chart and never change TF on the chart after I dragged it into it and hit ok...right?

ES

I have 2 open demos at the same time and the one with "TrendPeriod = 80" has a DD of -7,90

You also need to change "TrendTimeFrame: 15" (default is 1).

Please, post your statement regulary for us all to compare settings.

CeroOnda

ElectricSavant:

This is very important

So you can NEVER NEVER turn off the computer or reboot the platform...even on weekends...WTF?

ES

thats why if you stop the ea in the middle of his way, you will see the graph drop down

This EA does a very good job when it comes to closing losing trades but as I have stated already, all the versions I have tested generate errors when managing orders - just do a backtest and monitor the 'Journal' output - so clearly it does not work correctly all the time.

Fine with a demo but this would be unacceptable with a real account. I advise caution.......

Ok...I set it up...

Multiplier and max lots were unchanged also, I only did those four input field changes.

...Should max lots be reduced, since I am using 1/10 the size with micro's?

I am using 2K with these 6 pairs:

GBPUSD

USD/CHF

USD/JPY

AUD/USD

NZD/USD

USD/CAD

Be back soon...going to the gym.

ES

CeroOnda:
You also need to change "TrendTimeFrame: 15" (default is 1).

Please, post your statement regulary for us all to compare settings.

CeroOnda

ElectricSavant:
Ok...I set it up...

Multiplier and max lots were unchanged also, I only did those four input field changes.

...Should max lots be reduced, since I am using 1/10 the size with micro's?

I am using 2K with these 6 pairs:

GBPUSD

USD/CHF

USD/JPY

AUD/USD

NZD/USD

USD/CAD

Be back soon...going to the gym.

ES

ES,

I think you should test pairs with less than 5 pips of spread, since we're working with M15 timeframe.

CeroOnda

Too late...I started the Demo and went out to the Gym...Let's see how this does...I hope it buys on the ask... and sells on the bid...

I did notice it's opening trades were 0.02 instead of 0.01...I wonder why? I read here earlier that someone had that problem & I can confirm it.

ES

$19.96PROFIT ALREADY WITH ONLY -$1.77FLOAT

CeroOnda:
ES,

I think you should test pairs with less than 5 pips of spread, since we're working with M15 timeframe.

CeroOnda

Using Cero's settings, I tried an experiment with a demo account and also a identical live account. The results in live account were totally different in a negative way. Believe it must be the dealer spreads put on live account. Not sure how to overcome this to achieve identical results. If possible, does someone knows what settings need to be adjusted on live account, please inform.

ericbach:
Using Cero's settings, I tried an experiment with a demo account and also a identical live account. The results in live account were totally different in a negative way. Believe it must be the dealer spreads put on live account. Not sure how to overcome this to achieve identical results. If possible, does someone knows what settings need to be adjusted on live account, please inform.

Hi Eric

I think that your Broker has widen the Spread on your real Account!

Since yesterday my Demo went from 2500 to 3335 but with a lot of smal

gains 3-5 Pips and exactly that is for MIG "Scalping"

ciao aus der Schweiz

Reason: