_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 130

servaldsl:
Read this, may this post help you:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179042/page82

Or use the V2b version

Thanks.

I will try the V2b because here are the results I had today. Take a look

The EA closed the trade just after that with a 50 pip loss. It opened and closed the same trades at about the same times on two different platforms, so it didn't have anything to do with the broker.

Sometimes that happens. When the pair trends, you usually lose.

Yesterday it was a special condition. The trades you are talking about were losers because it was trading during news. At that precise time it was a speach of BOE Chairman. The spike you are reffering to was due to this event and on my broker ibFX I has spreads in excess of 19 pips. I closed my trades manually and the loss on the last trade was only 14 pips because of that but was hedged by the previous trades who were winners. I was very close to lose only 1 pip but at that exact moment my broker gave me "off quotes" and then the spike started.

Using recommended time settings?

How can the EA be trading during UK/Eurozone news if you're using the recommended trading hours? I thought the whole point was that it trades during the low volatility (for eurgbp) overnight Asian session. Thunder still opening and closing a few profitable trades for me each night - much more effectively than either fapturbo or eurgbp xtreme which cost me much more.

saucebook:
How can the EA be trading during UK/Eurozone news if you're using the recommended trading hours? I thought the whole point was that it trades during the low volatility (for eurgbp) overnight Asian session. Thunder still opening and closing a few profitable trades for me each night - much more effectively than either fapturbo or eurgbp xtreme which cost me much more.

The speach of BOE Chairman was late last evening, during the trading hours in standards settings.

The time settings on mine are correct. It trades only during the Asian session and will not open trades after the proper times, but if there is a trade still open from earlier it will continue to monitor it and close it when necessary.

What I was trying to show is how the first spike of 47 pips did not stop out the trade. It didn't stop it out until later when it finally got up to -50 pips.

In the settings of the EA it shows the "StopLoss" as 28 and the "SL_OutSession" as 32. I assume that is the number of pips where it should close the trade. As you can see, it did not. It went to exactly 50 pips before it closed. I was watching it to see what it would do.

I may be guessing wrong here, but I think it must be hard-coded into the EA to have a stop of 50 pips.

On a more positive note, I have had more net winners this week than losers. But with a few more like these and I won't be so sure.

Standing by,

PistolDave

JStein:
this is my experience too. There are some people here saying

"your_lucky" might be successful with spread 5 or even more but they do not show any live-test results. I do not believe in backtesting results because its not visible what the spread was during backtest. ( I can produce fine backtesting results with Alpari during Jan. 2009 but live testing is not good at all)

regards

Juergen

I use this EA with 5 pips spread and it works very profitable. Use MIG Broker-Demo. The demo-data-feed is live-data feed. This means the broker have the same conditions in demo like in live account. Try it.

Here are my live statement with MIG Broker and 5 pips spread.

servaldsl:
The speach of BOE Chairman was late last evening, during the trading hours in standards settings.

It was at 22.00 - 22.30 GMT. But the volatility started before 22.00 GMT.

PistolDave:
Thanks.

I will try the V2b because here are the results I had today. Take a look

The EA closed the trade just after that with a 50 pip loss. It opened and closed the same trades at about the same times on two different platforms, so it didn't have anything to do with the broker.

Sometimes that happens. When the pair trends, you usually lose.

It is interesting that you brought this up.

I got the same trade as you at 0.9264 sell, but it closes with a 104 pips loss.

But yours is just 50 pips loss.

Mine is running V2.

So far, it has been performing really great until today's 104 pip loss. It is really strange because after it goes short at 0.9264, the price did drop more than 5 pips within the hour. It normally take profit at around 5 pips, but not for this transaction.

Not sure why.

Reason: