PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 12

hi

don_forex:
The reason you get "phantom" trades is because of two reasons.

1. the Trend moving average was used to try and set trades in the direction of the trend. So, if the price moves very quickly, and is above the trendline, then only buys are set, same for the sells below.

2. the way that orders are closed effects this as well. What I tried to do with the price > midpoint and price < midpoint was to try and eliminate these "phantom" orders. Because there are always orders being set above and below, there is always the possibility of these stragglers.

The major trend changing is the biggest detriment to this system at this point.

The best way to have success is to set the spacing WIDE!! in the neighborhood of 20-50 pips. The downfall is that the profit is MUCH slower in accumulation. BUT IS MUCH SAFER!!

Don

thanks,for new version.can we add trading time?

Wich TFs and pairs should I try this EA on?

hi

CeroOnda:
Wich TFs and pairs should I try this EA on?

i loaded on 4hr tf.resultes very good

sps8:
i loaded on 4hr tf.resultes very good

And which pair/s?

hi

CeroOnda:
And which pair/s?

all majors good.except usd/chf.worest resut too much floating on it.also good perfomance on all jpy pairs

hi

other did,nt tested yet

I hope this can be fixed.

ES

sps8:
anyone knows why this ea open a new order on the same currency after reloading aplatfom

I loaded this latest version: https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/29/pipmaker_neov5a_rodmod8.mq4 (from post#100) for the EA in a demo acct with $2,818.30 trading a micro acct at IBFX with

GBP/USD

AUD/CAD

EUR/CHF

NZD/JPY

Below is a snip from the code that assigns unique magicnumbers and obviousley our code author uses IBFX:

if (Symbol() == "AUDCADm" || Symbol() == "AUDCAD") Reference = 801001;

if (Symbol() == "AUDJPYm" || Symbol() == "AUDJPY") Reference = 801002;

if (Symbol() == "AUDNZDm" || Symbol() == "AUDNZD") Reference = 801003;

if (Symbol() == "AUDUSDm" || Symbol() == "AUDUSD") Reference = 801004;

if (Symbol() == "CHFJPYm" || Symbol() == "CHFJPY") Reference = 801005;

if (Symbol() == "EURAUDm" || Symbol() == "EURAUD") Reference = 801006;

if (Symbol() == "EURCADm" || Symbol() == "EURCAD") Reference = 801007;

if (Symbol() == "EURCHFm" || Symbol() == "EURCHF") Reference = 801008;

if (Symbol() == "EURGBPm" || Symbol() == "EURGBP") Reference = 801009;

if (Symbol() == "EURJPYm" || Symbol() == "EURJPY") Reference = 801010;

if (Symbol() == "EURUSDm" || Symbol() == "EURUSD") Reference = 801011;

if (Symbol() == "GBPCHFm" || Symbol() == "GBPCHF") Reference = 801012;

if (Symbol() == "GBPJPYm" || Symbol() == "GBPJPY") Reference = 801013;

if (Symbol() == "GBPUSDm" || Symbol() == "GBPUSD") Reference = 801014;

if (Symbol() == "NZDJPYm" || Symbol() == "NZDJPY") Reference = 801015;

if (Symbol() == "NZDUSDm" || Symbol() == "NZDUSD") Reference = 801016;

if (Symbol() == "USDCHFm" || Symbol() == "USDCHF") Reference = 801017;

if (Symbol() == "USDJPYm" || Symbol() == "USDJPY") Reference = 801018;

if (Symbol() == "USDCADm" || Symbol() == "USDCAD") Reference = 80101

These four pair represent all eight currencies that IBFX offers & I have my TF on my Demo MT4 platform viewing H4 TF's and that is where I dragged this EA into.

This latest version by Willis11of12 has the following defaulted inputs:

TakeProfit: 50.0 (ATR's unique to each pair could cause one to make this setting different for each pair)

StopLoss: 50.0 (ATR's unique to each pair could cause one to make this setting different for each pair)

LotSize: 0.01

LotIncrement: 0.01

Multiplier: 0

ProfitTarget: 25

OpenOnTick: 0

Spacing: 2

TrendSpacing: 1

CounterTrendMultiplier: 1.0

CloseDelay: 0.0

TrendtimeFrame: 240

CeaseTrading: false

RightSidedLabel: true

This is such a simple input screen, so can someone attempt to post a

manual

in this thread for this new version, for each input? I chose this thread and this EA as it is a short thread and easier to follow and a seamingly, simple EA. There is hope for this EA to become a Forextsd shared, free and open automation that can coherently be illustrated.

ES

Question: Now that this revised version has new parameters, should it be further "tamed" with wider pip spacing and a maximum number of trades limiting the grid size? (# of trades) or will the TP's and SL's take care of this? It seems that the opening of each 4HR. bar controls the number of trades currently and it allows one new trade for each "4 hour open". Keeping it simple is very important to me, so please excuse this lenghty post and English is my first language..

Could someone fix this "bug" that opens new trades when the platform reboots? and fix the rightsided label to work? (I want to turn those big white numbers off! that duplicate my Balance and Equity)

Willis11of12:
SPS8, here is the modified EA with the TP and SL points added that you wanted.

small spacing... not good

The Creator of this EA is absolutely right: small spacing will always result in wrong entries. Spacing = 2 means that when the price moves 2 pips in one direction you open a trade in that direction. Of course this is a huuuuge source of trouble, therefore to confirm a clear trend... spacing must be higher.

Reason: