PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 34

trendtrader:
Sorry I had a look only for 5 min. so I might repeat something .

The graph shows wins, because it reports only closing trades, and not open trades. The fact is that winning trades are closed from this EA and loosing are not....

so the graph makes illusiion in your eyes...

You're so wrong... Just look at my statement from my last post. It's obvious that the EA closes winning and loosing trades at the same time.

Furthermore, my Balance curve is almost the same as my Equity one (I'm using an indicator that shows - in real time - your curves).

CeroOnda.

But I better test a different combo than you...or we will duplicate the efforts...I will test these two pair...EUR/USD, USD/CHF (correlate above 90%)

ES

CeroOnda:
My testing shows USD/JPY better than USD/CHF.

Just my opinion.

I'm attaching my statement too.

CeroOnda

Losing Trades

I am noticing that losing trades are not always being closed. That is why I am working on changing the logic to include the OrderModify() to place the losing StopLoss and winning TakeProfit. This would ensure that the losing trades would in fact be closed when they are supposed to be closed.

I have, on a couple of occasions, stated the fact that keeping the LowMargin as high as possible in the key to success! That means, only one pair if necessary, a higher spacing requirement, lower profit targets, etc, etc... one is correct in saying you MUST play with the system. Tweak the parameters! Don't be afraid to try something new!!!

Don

After comparing a live account with a demo account, I noticed the demo account seems to be working off a different data feed. Just need to set them up side by side and watch the ticks. The demo account data ticks are flying up and down while the live account data ticks seems to be working in slow motion. Not sure yet if this would have any effect on the results. I also noticed on my demo account mult. positions being opened on the same 15min bar, sometimes a fews seconds apart. This is using Cero's settings. What needs to be changed to get 1 position per 15min bar?

This backfired on me...I immediatley get one buy order and one sell order...so the correlation idea is meaningless with this system...I just get double trouble now...Also..why do I get 0.02 orders?

ES

ElectricSavant:
But I better test a different combo than you...or we will duplicate the efforts...I will test these two pair...EUR/USD, USD/CHF (correlate above 90%) ES

It would help to have a manual?

I see five inputs that might affect this suggestion:

Lotincrement (default=0.1)

ProfitTarget (default=5.0)

TrendProfitTarget (default=5.0)

Spacing (default=10)

TrendSpacing (default=10)

ES

a higher spacing requirement, lower profit targets, etc, etc...

error on pipmaker

2007.08.23 19:11:54 Error opening BUY order: invalid trade volume (C131) Ask:2.00400000 Slippage:0

2007.08.23 19:11:55 Error opening BUY order: invalid trade volume (C131) Ask:2.00410000 Slippage:0

2007.08.23 19:11:56 Error opening BUY order: invalid trade volume (C131) Ask:2.00400000 Slippage:0

2007.08.23 19:12:02 Error opening BUY order: invalid trade volume (C131) Ask:2.00410000 Slippage:0

2007.08.23 19:12:02 Error opening SELL order: invalid trade volume (D131) Bid:1.35640000 Slippage:0

2007.08.23 19:12:13 Error opening SELL order: invalid trade volume (D131) Bid:1.35630000 Slippage:0

hi, don

this is error on pipmaker-file, can you explain me what does it mean ?

thanks in advance

giapel

ElectricSavant:
It would help to have a manual?

I see five inputs that might affect this suggestion:

Lotincrement (default=0.1)

ProfitTarget (default=5.0)

TrendProfitTarget (default=5.0)

Spacing (default=10)

TrendSpacing (default=10)

ES

a higher spacing requirement, lower profit targets, etc, etc...

I am going to be a smartass here for a second... LEARN TO READ CODE!!! I had too! When I first started this stuff, I had no idea how to program let alone figure out logic and structure. You have to play with this stuff and not be afraid of making mistakes and asking for help. Fix it until it IS broke, then try to understand why... Tear apart the code and learn each section, one at a time. Take one variable at a time and follow it throughout the code and learn the path it takes and what it is doing. There still is a LOT of stuff I don't know about programming, or for that matter, trading. I am still learning!!! The point is that you only learn by doing. It has taken me two and a quarter years to get to this point. This isn't something you can pick up overnight.

Now, to follow up on your post, those are the very ones I would concentrate on when figuring out what level of risk I am willing to accept.

Don

Maybe thats just the push I needed...

don_forex:
I am going to be a smartass here for a second... LEARN TO READ CODE!!! I had too! When I first started this stuff, I had no idea how to program let alone figure out logic and structure. You have to play with this stuff and not be afraid of making mistakes and asking for help. Fix it until it IS broke, then try to understand why... Tear apart the code and learn each section, one at a time. Take one variable at a time and follow it throughout the code and learn the path it takes and what it is doing. There still is a LOT of stuff I don't know about programming, or for that matter, trading. I am still learning!!! The point is that you only learn by doing. It has taken me two and a quarter years to get to this point. This isn't something you can pick up overnight.

Now, to follow up on your post, those are the very ones I would concentrate on when figuring out what level of risk I am willing to accept.

Don

ericbach:
After comparing a live account with a demo account, I noticed the demo account seems to be working off a different data feed. Just need to set them up side by side and watch the ticks. The demo account data ticks are flying up and down while the live account data ticks seems to be working in slow motion. Not sure yet if this would have any effect on the results. I also noticed on my demo account mult. positions being opened on the same 15min bar, sometimes a fews seconds apart. This is using Cero's settings. What needs to be changed to get 1 position per 15min bar?

This depends on your broker. Some brokers have different feeds for demo and live accounts. It sounds like your live feed is being filtered.

Yes, it can have a significant effect on your results.

Try IBFX; everyone I know who is trading there says only one feed is used and that there are only minor differences in exection. You are going to have differences no matter what as your demo trades are automatically taken by the server as opposed to live where there is more of a time delay as a real transaction is executed.

Reason: