PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 28

CeroOnda:
Thanks a lot parisienne for your hard work.

Now, is it possible to close ALL trades (with profit and loss) when the Equity curve matches the Balance one?

Almost all the time, the Equity is less than the balance, but sometimes they match. I'd like very much to have a fresh start every time this happens.

Do you think this is a good idea and is it possible to achieve?

CeroOnda

Hi. I have tried this idea but unfortuately it does not work in practice. I have tried different scenarios, closing all trades when dd is a minimium, closing all trades after a certain percentage dd etc. None work

Closing all trades and re-entering the market just results in dd reoccurring the next time the market changes direction - therefore exiting all trades and re-opening positions immediately has no benefit, it just results in more comissions for the broker.

Now if you knew what the market was planning and could stay out till the move was complete then it would work

CeroOnda:
Thanks a lot parisienne for your hard work.

Now, is it possible to close ALL trades (with profit and loss) when the Equity curve matches the Balance one?

Almost all the time, the Equity is less than the balance, but sometimes they match. I'd like very much to have a fresh start every time this happens.

Do you think this is a good idea and is it possible to achieve?

CeroOnda

Please, can you post the link of the complete version? Im completely in disorder.

Thank you for your comment. Maybe you're right... it makes sense. Furthermore, this EA is great as it is.

But, if I had the power to predict what the market is planning next, then I'd be somewhere in Mexico drinking margaritas , not here testing and reading...

I'm attaching my statement. Same pairs and .set from my last one.

CeroOnda

omelette:
Hi. I have tried this idea but unfortuately it does not work in practice. I have tried different scenarios, closing all trades when dd is a minimium, closing all trades after a certain percentage dd etc. None work

Closing all trades and re-entering the market just results in dd reoccurring the next time the market changes direction - therefore exiting all trades and re-opening positions immediately has no benefit, it just results in more comissions for the broker.

Now if you knew what the market was planning and could stay out till the move was complete then it would work

I'm using "PipMakerV9-1.mq4" from post #1.

I'm attaching to this post:

- PipMakerV9-1.mq4 (don_forex's EA)

- PipMaker M15.set (my actual config)

- PipMaker.tpl (my actual template)

You need to open a $3.000 standard account, open EUR-USD, GBO-USD and USD-JPY charts, load the template into each chart and activate the EA to start trading.

That's all. Hope it helped.

CeroOnda

erdenmensch:
Please, can you post the link of the complete version? Im completely in disorder.
Files:

Smart Spread Locking (SPL)?

Hi Parisienne,

Thanks for your kind attention to my question, I may try it and report it back to you.

But currently I really need to have real account data such as M1 data as to backtest in real account not as demo account, the more is the best, as I only have with IBFX real mini account data back to May 26, 2007.

Will anyone here participate with the data please?

Thanks again...

parisienne:
Hi,

Here are the modifications you wanted.

Settings:

UseSPB = true; (No trades will be opened if spread is widened)

CloseAtGain = true; (All opened positions (other pairs also) will be closed if TargetGain is achieved. Only open trades profit will be counted.)

TargetGain = amount you want achieve (set to zero if you want to close all trades immidiately)

After closing all trades variable ceasetrading will be set to true, i.e. no other trades of this pair will be opened.

If you want to close only open trades of the attached pair you can uncomment the two lines of the function "void ExitAllTrades()".

CeroOnda:
I'm using "PipMakerV9-1.mq4" from post #1.

I'm attaching to this post:

- PipMakerV9-1.mq4 (don_forex's EA)

- PipMaker M15.set (my actual config)

- PipMaker.tpl (my actual template)

You need to open a $3.000 standard account, open EUR-USD, GBO-USD and USD-JPY charts, load the template into each chart and activate the EA to start trading.

That's all. Hope it helped.

CeroOnda

I have just setup using all your setup. I do not know what tomorrow holds, but I do know who holds tomorrow!

Dave <<<

EA Starts Only Based On A Specific Time

Hi Parisienne,

Again I have to bother you, coz' I'm still new studying this MT4, to know how to set this EA only starts at certain GMT time. For example I only want to Start my EA automatically at GMT 22:00 and stop entering market within 1 hour afterwards, so when it comes to decission to enter market, the position will go on untill it reach profit then it will closed, but I also want to set, that my EA will only enter market again if there is still enough time within that 1 hour. Which means, after 1 hour from 22:00, or 23:01 and do on, this EA should sit nicely and watch for the next good (set) time to enter the market, instead of just waiting the running position, if there is still available, until it's closed. And so on, and so on...

Totally I want to set for example 5 to 8 time a day as starting (time) bases, so I won't let my EA entering position especially when News come as well as protecting the expanded spreads.

Is my strategy idea good or poor, please then let me know, thanking and appreciate you much...

parisienne:
Hi,

Here are the modifications you wanted.

Settings:

UseSPB = true; (No trades will be opened if spread is widened)

CloseAtGain = true; (All opened positions (other pairs also) will be closed if TargetGain is achieved. Only open trades profit will be counted.)

TargetGain = amount you want achieve (set to zero if you want to close all trades immidiately)

After closing all trades variable ceasetrading will be set to true, i.e. no other trades of this pair will be opened.

If you want to close only open trades of the attached pair you can uncomment the two lines of the function "void ExitAllTrades()".

omelette:
Just curious, are you using this on a real account?

Not yet, but I'm a bit anxious. I would have doubled my $3.000 account in 1 week. Too good to be true.

Now seriously... I'll test this sistem for 2 or 3 months non stop and then decide if I do Live or not. This are my 2 cents for all of you newbies (like me). I've learned this lesson after loosing some money, so... take care!

CeroOnda

Reason: