I started this thread to post all news/signals indicators and EAs we have now and will have in the future.
How to create forex calendar
1. View the calendars.
Everybody may see link on the top of the page:
Go to this webpage and you will see the calendars available to the public.
Just important thing we need to know now is the following:
- calendar ID. This ID number is using in news/signal indicators and EAs;
- Options: you may edite your options especially time for example. I did not edited it and I can see all the calendars in my forum time according to my general user's setting on the forum.
- Detail: small description about calendar;
- Created By: member who created this calendar;
- Comments: how many comments.
- Action: view calendar and view/add comments.
You may view calendar in unregistered mode. So you do not need to register to view it.
It's free of course.
If you want create your own calendar, or you are advanced "news/signals" member so it is the better to register.
Go to Register New User link for registration. I prefer to use the same username as i am using on the forum here.
3. Once you registered you may start to create your calendar.
Go to Create Calendar link and fill Calendar Name and Details.
You calendar will not be visible for the public untill it will be moderate. You only will see your calendar and you may edit, delete, improve, fill the news/signals, use EAs and so on. Once you decide that your calendar is good for public so please send PM to moderator (to me for example) and I will make it visible for the members of this forum.
4. Creating your news calendar by events.
After Create Calendar link completed you will have ID of your calendar. You calendar is empty and visible for you only. Press view calendar button and go to your calendar to create it.
Open Add Event link and fill evetrything:
- Calendar: i have 2 calendars now: forex calendar and signal calendar. I will have one only from the beginning.
- Date & Time: it is the date and time for the news. As my time option is GMT+0 so I am using GMT time to post the news events.
and so on. News EAs and indicators are understand the currency in this format only.
- Type: if you did description for all the news types so you may use it. I did it for example but it took long time for me.
- Title: title of news event.
- Detail. You may post any description for the news event. If you see my calendar so I have description and websource link for every single news. But it's up to you which description to use: monthly value (m/m), yearly value, any your comments and so on.
- Expected Impact: low impact, medium impact and high impact. It is understandable.
- Actual: actual value of the news events. You will post it later editing your calendar for new actual values.
- Forecast: or concensus (if any).
- Previous: previous value.
- Public Event: if this events will be going to be a public one (it is in most cases) so keep it as default.
Press Send button.
5. How to edite the events, or delete them.
You created the calendar, created some news events for the coming week for example.
Under Action you will see the following:
- view description: it is exact the same description you wrote for the event.
- view/add comments.
- edit event.
- delete event.
Finally you have your own calendar.
You may use my calendar for example. Or you may create your own. Or you may delete your first calendar and create the new one. Once you feel that your calendar is ready for the public so send PM to moderator to moderate it.
No one will see your calendar and events untill moderator will moderate it but you may use news indicators and news EAs with your calendar without moderation (just to test your calendar by price action for example).
How to create signals or signals calendar
It is the same with previous post.
4. Creating your calendar by signals.
After Create Calendar link completed you will have ID of your calendar. Your calendar is empty and visible for you only. Press view calendar button and go to your calendar to create it.
Open Add Event link and fill everything:
- Calendar. I have 2 calendars now: forex calendar and signal calendar. I will have one only from the beginning.
- Date & Time. It is very important for signal calendar because it is the time to open the order.
- Currency: It is slighly different from forex calendar.
and so on. SignalTrader EA understands the currency in this format only.
- Type: I am not using it in signal calendar. People may use just to post some repeated discription for example (but it is necessary to write this type first of course and when post it repeatedly).
SignalTrader EA understands exact this words only as a Title. It is the type of the order you want to open.
- Detail. You may post any description.
- Expected Impact: low impact, medium impact and high impact. It is understandable. In indicators and EAs: low impact is rating=1, medium impact is 2 and high impact is rating=3 (there is Rating settings in indicators and EAs so it is just an impact). What is high impact for example? It is the same as +++, or it is less of risky trade, or it is clear signal, or it is the signal with good market condition.
- Actual. Price to open the order. In case of Buy and Sell orders (where SignalTrader is openning the order according to the time with the market price) so it is just preliminary price. But it should be exact price or levels in case of pending orders.
Make sure that your pending order price is above/below current price on at least 10 pips (otherwise pending orders will not be opened).
And make sure that SignalTrader receives your information exactly at the time. For example, SignalTrader is receiving your information one time per 5 minutes (ReqPeriod=5 in the settings of SignalTrader) and you posted SellStop order which should be exacuted after 2 minutes. So your SignalTrader will not get any information to open your Sell. It is very important thing as I did many mistakes about it during the testing.
- Forecast. It is stop loss value. If you are posting just a levels and want for user to estimate their own stop loss values so write 0 in this field. For example:
where 1.3425 is stop loss value.
The other example:
where 1st 0 is stop loss value (users will use their own stop loss or SignalTrader will trade according to your settings with your stop loss).
- Previous. It is take profit. In previous example take profit is 1.3494 (in case of signals with tp and sl values), or 0 in case of signals as buy/sell levels. If 0 so SignalTrader will use EA's settings for take profit together with trailing stop and BreakEven.
5. How to edite the signals, or delete them.
You created the calendar, created some signal events for the day or week for example.
- view description.
Finally you have your own signal calendar.
You may use my signal calendar for example. But to use it you need to follow my signal thread because we will describe for every single signal: where to exit, how strong this signal, should I close this trade before news coming, which profit may I expect from this signal and so on. I am correcting everything under way so please don't use my signals by SignalTrader EA in "set and forget" way.
Or you may create your own signal calendar. Or you may delete your first calendar and create the new one. Once you feel that your calendar is ready for the public so send PM to moderator to moderate it.
How to make it public, private or commercial
If you created you calendar (forex or signal calendar) and feel that it may be good for the members so send PM or message to moderator and your calendar will be visible for the public.
If you want for the events to be as private ones so you should deselect Public Event.
(Note: Private events are only displayed by invitation or after two days).
It may be news event and trading signal.
User may be invited by you to see your private event:
go to Messages and Invite User to see my private events.
This is information about News indicator and the settings.
Additional information you may find on the following threads:
- WebGet - Asynchronous Downloading v.3;
- NEW Forex Calendar.
Please post all your questions to those above mentioned threads.
There are 3 files:
- ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5 (indicator);
2. How to install the indicator.
Please note: this indicator is not working with old build of Metatrader so please check your build.
- Place ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5 file to \indicators folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts\indicators).
- Place WebGet.mqh file to \include folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts\include).
- Place WebGet.dll file to \libraries folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\libraries).
And please check the following:
- confirm DLL function call should be off in the Tools menu of Metatrader.
- Allow Enable Expert Advisors and Allow live trading should be on in Tools menu of Metatrader.
- Allow DLL import and Allow external experts import should be on in Tools menu of Metatrader and in indicator's settings as well.
Compile the indicator in MetaEditor.
It is the name of the file which indicator is downloading from forex calendar.
It is calendar ID. Please look at previous posts for the explanation.
StartDate = D'2007.04.10';[/CODE]
I did not test this options. I am getting the news for the week so it's fine.
[CODE]DisplayLine = false; // Display Line Option (Visualization mode)
If you want to disblay text or lines on the chart so swich it on.
[CODE]cFilter = " Currency Filter ";
USD = true;
EUR = true;
GBP = true;
JPY = true;
AUD = true;
CAD = true;
CHF = true;
It is the currency filter. If you are attaching this indicator to EURUSD chart and don't want to see news events for USDJPY so switch JPY to false for example.
[CODE]rFilter = " Rating Filter ";
MaxRating = 3;
It is the rating filter. If you ant to see the news events with rating=3 only (high impact) so set MinRating to 3 and MaxRating to 3 as well.
See previous posts for more explanation about the rating.
4. How it works.
This indicator is downloading calendar from forex-tsd calendar tool as excel file to /files folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts\files).
If you use ID=4 (ID of the calendar) so it is my forex calendar.
Indicator is using this excel file to show the news events. New file is downloading automatically every week in the beginning of the week when first ticks coming.
Some improved version is on this post.
ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5 indicator with pivots and some comments is on this post.
Forex TSD news reader indicator is on this post. This indicator is not meant to compare to any of the current news readers. Primary intention of it is to be light weight and to do the job using Forex-TSD calendar. And also to be easily configurable. It is showing 3 types of data and all of them can be selectable and can be turned on or off: "daily data", "markers" and "news values". Daily data is a light version of daily data indicator. Markers are colored bars (colored according to their importance) at a bar when a news event will happen. Descriptions are showing date, time, the what, forecast and previous value depending on your choices. Data for a week or just one day can be chosen. For current symbol only or for all symbols.
Forex TSD news reader-1 indicator is on this post. Added the lines and text on the version, if we set the settings correctly should download the whole week at a time and keep it there. Line colored per the impact of the news.
FXstreet_Calendar_v2 indicator is on this post. This news indicator is having many options:
with many options:
- auto and manual time zone setting
- box alerts for upcoming news
- vertical lines for each news on the chart
- advanced Filter by Countries
- News Rating filter (0 ... 3)
- advanced graph settings: window,steps,offsets,colors,fonts...
Please note: you do not need to register on this tool Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars if you want to trade the signals. Just attach SignalTrader EAs to the chart may be enough!
3. You need to be registered on this tool if you want to create your own signals.It is the same with post #2 of this thread.
- SignalTrader_v1.4 EA;
5. How to install SignalTrader_v1.4 EA.
Please note: this EA is not working with old build of Metatrader so please check your build.
- Place SignalTrader_v1.4 EA file to \experts folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts).
Compile the EA in MetaEditor.
It is magic number. Set the different number for different charts if you are trading on the same copy if Metatrader.
It is ID of signal calendar you are trading. Please look at post #3 of this thread for the explanation.
It is the name of excel file: this EA is taking the signals from our tool Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars from one of the signal calendar (see explanation about ID) and placing the signals to excel file. Please note: name of this file should be different for different chart.
EA will request the signals from our tool's signal calendar (ID) with periodicity of ReqPeriod. I am not recommending to set it less then 5 minutes. So, EA may get information about new signals to trade/close, or some correction of the old signals with with periodicity of ReqPeriod.
Lots = 1; // Lot size
It is basicly using for pending orders: buy stop, sell stop, buy limit and sell limit orders.
For example: EA should open buy at 13:35. But Metatrader may be busy openning/modifying some other orders, or disconnected for 1 monutes. Thus, EA will start to open this buy at 13:35 and if can not so EA will try to do it during the next 5 minutes. It is very very usefull settings if you are trading many EAs in one copy of Metatrader.
If UseNewSigClose = 1: once you get new signal on some pair so old orders on the same pairs will be closed. For example, you have opene trade on USDCHF already but EA gets the other signal on USDCHF so this open trade will be closed and new order will be opened.
If UseNewSigClose = 0: no one order will be closed once EA will receive new signal on the same pair.
[CODE]UseEODClose = 0; // Use EOD Close (0-off,1-on)
SessionEnd = 23; // Session End Time
Use end of the day close. If UseEODClose = 1 so all the orders will be closed in the end of the day (SessionEnd or FridayEnd time).
It is number of orders per one signal if UseOpposite = 0 and OrdersNum should be 2 in case of UseOpposite = 1 (see below about UseOpposite).
If UseExtSets = 1 so Ea will take stop loss and take profit value from the signal calendar. If UseExtSets = 0 so EA will use its own settings for stop loss and take profit and the signals will be used just to open the order in right direction/pair/time/price.
If UseOpposite =1 so EA will recognize two opposite signals: for example - buy stop order and sell stop orders. In this case OrdersNum should be 2 and opposite signals should be written with 1 minutes interval in calendar and in this case only EA will recognize those two signals as an opposite ones. It is manily for pending orders.
If UseOpposite =1 so we may use this DelOpposite function.
If UseOpposite =1 so it means that we have 2 opposite pending signals with 1 minutes interval from each other. If DelOpposite =1 so once one order is executed so the rest one will be deleted.
[CODE]TakeProfit = 200; // Take Profit in pips
StopLoss = 100; // Initial Stop in pips
TrailingStop = 45; // Trailing Stop in pips
If UseExtSets = 0 so EA will use this settings.
UseRatingFilter = 1;
MaxRating = 3;
It is rating filter.
1 = low impact; 2 = medium impact and 3 = high impacted signals.
If you want to use this rating filter so UseRatingFilter should be 1. If you want to trade medium and high impacted signals only so use MinRating = 2 and MaxRating = 3. If you want to trade high impacted signals only so use MinRating = 3 and MaxRating = 3.
[CODE]MM_Parameters = " MoneyManagement by L.Williams ";
MM = true; // ММ Switch
MaxRisk = 0.04; // Risk Factor
It is money management. MM should be true if you want to use it. With this settings i posted EA will start with 0.2 lot size for 5,000 deposit with 1:100 leverage for example.
7. How it works.
This EA is trading the the forex signals posted manually or by SignalSender indicator to our forex calendar tool Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars
EA is taking the signals for a week and updating this information every ReqPeriod time in minutes.
You may use it to trade your own signals, to trade commercial signals, to trade somebody's private signals according to invitation or to trade public signals.
Please note: you do not need to register on this tool Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars if you want to trade the news. Just attaching NewsTrader EAs to the chart may be enough!
3. You need to be registered on this tool if you want to create your own forex calendar. It is the same with post #2 of this thread.
- NewsTrader_v5.3 EA;
- WebGet.mqh (get it from the other post of this thread);
- WebGet.dll (get it from the other post of this thread).
5. How to install NewsTrader_v5.3 EA.
- Place NewsTrader_v5.3 EA file to \experts folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts).
All the settings are understandable from the other posts about SignalTrader EA and News indicators. Please look at those posts of this thread.
This indicator is downloading calendar from forex-tsd calendar tool as excel file to /files folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts\files) once per week.
EA is using this excel file to show the news events. New file is downloading automatically every week in the beginning of the week when first ticks coming.
NewsTrader_v5.3_ecn EA is on this post. It is ecn/stp version of this EA with auto digit for broker's price.
how to create/update your calendar atomatically directly from your Metatrader
It is the same with post #2 of this thread.
There are 4 files:
- ForexTSD_Send indicator;
- excel file (Test14.csv in our case).
6. How to install ForexTSD_Send indicator.
- Place ForexTSD_Send indicator file to \indicators folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts\indicators).
- Place excel file to \files folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\experts\files).
It is username you selected during the registration in calendar tool: see post #2 of this thread about registration.
Change newdigital to your selected username.
It is password you selected during the registration in calendar tool: see post #2 of this thread about registration.
It is your calendar ID. Please look at post #3 of this thread for the explanation.
Indicator will send the signals with periodicity of SendPeriod (5 min by default). Please note that every signals written in your excel file will be repeated every SendPeriod minutes. For example, of you wrote buy for USDCHF so it will be many buy orders. So it is the better to attach the indicator to the chart, wait untill all the signals will be sent and deattach it. Or edit your text file every time with the same periodicity (SendPeriod). Or just use more high SendPeriod. Just my experiance.
It is public (1) or private (0) signals. 1 is true and 0 is false in mql4 programming language. So if you selected Public to be 1 so it is the same as Public=true (means - public signal). About public and private signals please read post #4 of this thread.
It is the name of your excel file. It may be any name but make sure that name you wrote in the settings here are fully correspondent with the real name of your excel file which you placed to /files folder.
8. How it works.
This indicator is sending the forex signals from excel file to forex-tsd calendar tool. When the signal was sent so you will see the message about it (see image attached).
9. Creating signal calendar using ForexTSD_Send indicator.
First of all you need to read this one from post #3 of this thread: 4. Creating your calendar by signals.
Once you are comfortable with creating the signal calendar manually so you may automate this process.
To send a signals you need to have it, right? In this case you need to edite excel file (Test14 attached in our case).
It is date and time.
It is pair.
It may be Buy, or Sell, or BuyStop, or SellStop, or BuyLimit, or SellLimit.
It is the impact. Please note that for this signal sender indicator we have the following:
high impact =0;
In Newstrader EA, News indicator and in SegnalTrader you have exact opposite: high impact=3, medium impact=2 and low impact=1. Please don't confused with it.
It is price to open the order. If you select to use the settings of the SignalTrader EA (UseExtSets=0) so the price does not matter in this case as EA will open the order according to the time.
It is stop loss value (price). If you select to use the settings of the SignalTrader EA (UseExtSets=0) so this external stop loss value does not matter in this case as EA will open the order according stop loss in the settings.
Take profit value (price). If you select to use the settings of the SignalTrader EA (UseExtSets=0) so this external take profit value does not matter in this case as EA will open the order according take profit value in the settings.
It is Comments in the calendar (go to your calendar to see it). It does not work now so keep it by default as 1.
It is description (go to your calendar to see view description).
If you have more signals to write so use excel file attached as an example.
Then go to your calendar and you may see your signal posted.
We may automate creation of forex calendar as well using this indicator.
And please find the image/statement about how this SignalTrader EA works.
You should place file Schedule.csv(or other file) in experts/files folder.
All settings are described in the code.
In the file you should use following format:
date;time;symbol;order's name;order's price;stoploss;takeprofit;duration(in min);
For instant execution you can use 0 instead of order's price.
Using the Forex-Tsd Calendar indicator to avoid trading during the News time
How can use the Forex-Tsd Calendar indicator to avoid trading during the News time in an existing expert?