Indicators/EAs for news and trading signals - page 17

Dear NewDigital

I usually trading by news manually, but since I found this EA, I saw a good idea which has been introduced by Jodie.

The way I did trading is by calculate positive or negative value between the forecast and the previous one.

If the result is positive, then buy for the specific currency. Depend on the currency again, as for an example with USD which said SELL, but we are in GBPUSD pair, so we should do BUY and vice versa.

That is my point of view accompanying Jodie's option.

Thanks NewDigital and Jodie for all of your idea.

I just install this indi.. still working on it.. i hope it can help me trading the news rather than manual trading...

I do not observe in this theme of signals of trade ((Where them to find?

Start the thread from the beginning.

news indi required

Hi,

Can someone tell me if an indicator with news events exists that I can manual update.

Basically I've been working hard and for last 3 weeks its been going well. I got confident and opened a larger trade, slap bang moments before a news release.

Before I could get my stops in etc it wiped out about a months trading. I'm over it (choke!) but must make sure it does not happen again.

What I would like is to be able to put in, in gmt, news events for the day or week into a spreadsheet. The indicator, using this info, draws vertical lines in my metatrader terminal. I don't need info on major news etc, just whatever info I put in it draws a line.

So if I enter 29/10/08 - 10:30 and a short description

then it will display a horizontal line and (not essential) the short description at 10:30 gmt (11.30 CET) on my chart..

Is this possible.

PG

Platform Freezing Observations

Hi Newdigital,

I have been observing y platform freeze more often since i placed the calendar indicator and signal trader v1.4. Is anyone experiencing this.

I'm imagining what might happen when i install the other pairs then i think my system might crash.

Can i use the NewsTrader EA only without the calendar indicator? or must i place the news calendar on a pair before the signal traders or news trader works?

Please help.

Calendar indicator and NewsTrader are completely separated tools. You do not need to use calendar indicator to use Newstrader. Those tools are not connected between each other. Besides, Newstrader can be used as calendar indicator.

News Trader use

newdigital:
Calendar indicator and NewsTrader are completely separated tools. You do not need to use calendar indicator to use Newstrader. Those tools are not connected between each other. Besides, Newstrader can be used as calendar indicator.

Thanks for the clearance but i'd like to know if News Trader trades news signals just like the signal trader EA.

That is if i put News Trader on my chart, would it take trades when there is a news outbreak without human interention?

If the answer is yes then which pairs or charts do i put the EA?

Thanks.

NewsTrader EA is trading automatically.

I am usng the following charts:

It is the settings for USDCAD:

The settings for other pairs are similar. It was the settings to trade high impacted news only (see description of the settings on the thread). Calendar id = 4 in th settings is my forex calendar which I am doing for the forum. You can use this id =4, or you can create your own calendar.

Market is very volatile now and as I see GBPUSD is profitable in this condition. But usually, for long term trading, USDCAD is most profitable ... at least not so much "surprises" from USDCAD during the news time.

If you will trade the news so it is necessary to watch the trades and sometimes to close the trade manually now. Because the market is very volatile. But in usual normal condition I am not closing anything manually.

It is how it works.

Pending orders places and some of the orders are opened:

After some time the pending orders were deleted (by EA), stop loss were moved to profitable area:

Nothing was closed or moved/modified manually. Everything is automatically including the time to open the trades.

I only want to say that when the market is volatile so it is necessary to watch the trades because everything is possible during the news time in the volatile market conditon.

Reason: