Indicators/EAs for news and trading signals - page 3

You can see NewsTrader EA as mql4 code here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102 and SignalTrader https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

You can take some codes from Newstrader EA. If you need for your EA to request forex-tsd calendar changes every 5 minutes for example (or every 1 minutes) so you can see SignalTrader because there is parameter:

ReqPeriod = 30; // Calendar Request period in min

Besides in our calendar (on the top of this page Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars ) you can see the link for explanation:

- Programmatic API

- CSV API

- RSS API

- XML API

It will help the coders.

Sorry I am not a coder so I can not incorporate our news calendar onto any EA. But as I know it is possible to do with the information provided.

incorporating newsIndicator with other EA is very good idea

I think incorporating newsIndicator with other EA is very good idea. I am reading complains that most EAs get wack or kill during news.

NO Trade 2 hours before or 1 hour after news EA

I am working on a EA that I want to stop trading 2 hours before news come out and wait for another hour after, for any of the symbol the EA is attached to. for example if this ea is attached to GBPUSD chart then any news related to GBP or USD which is of high importance should get picked up by this ea and stop trading based on the time of the news ... can anyone please help?

thanks heaps in advance.

syedks:
I am working on a EA that I want to stop trading 2 hours before news come out and wait for another hour after, for any of the symbol the EA is attached to. for example if this ea is attached to GBPUSD chart then any news related to GBP or USD which is of high importance should get picked up by this ea and stop trading based on the time of the news ... can anyone please help? thanks heaps in advance.

Try this EA.

Files:
gbp9am.mq4  8 kb

Bongo:
Try this EA.

thansk mate but it doesnt do what i am looking for.

what i want is this, read the fx celander, for example if there is a GBP news at 4PM then EA should stop at 3PM and start again at 5PM.

syedks:
I am working on a EA that I want to stop trading 2 hours before news come out and wait for another hour after, for any of the symbol the EA is attached to. for example if this ea is attached to GBPUSD chart then any news related to GBP or USD which is of high importance should get picked up by this ea and stop trading based on the time of the news ... can anyone please help? thanks heaps in advance.

Try to use slightly different function TimetoOpen()(from NewsTrader) in your EA:

bool TimeToOpen()

{

bool result = false;

for (int i=0; i<=NewsNum; i++)

{

datetime OpenTime = dt - TimeGap*60; //ex. 2h = 120

if((TimeCurrent() = OpenTime+TimeGap*60))

{result=true; break;}

}

return(result);

}

Сall of this function you should place in the main condition of orders opening.

Ex. if (MA1>MA2.... && TimeToOpen()) ...

igorad:
Try to use slightly different function TimetoOpen()(from NewsTrader) in your EA:

bool TimeToOpen()

{

bool result = false;

for (int i=0; i<=NewsNum; i++)

{

datetime OpenTime = dt - TimeGap*60; //ex. 2h = 120

if((TimeCurrent() = OpenTime+TimeGap*60))

{result=true; break;}

}

return(result);

}

Сall of this function you should place in the main condition of orders opening.

Ex. if (MA1>MA2.... && TimeToOpen()) ...

Thanks tons mate. I really appritiate it. Now I am getting closer...

one point though, which EA should I use to get the whole code of downloading the news and reading the time etc? I tried copying code from Forex Calendar indicator but webget was taking longer to download the file ... thanks

TimeToOpen

syedks:
Thanks tons mate. I really appritiate it. Now I am getting closer... one point though, which EA should I use to get the whole code of downloading the news and reading the time etc? I tried copying code from Forex Calendar indicator but webget was taking longer to download the file ... thanks

I think, this TimeToOpen() function by Igorad (to read news time from forexCalender), if integrate properly to any EA, will be very important for any EA to stop trading during high impact news time. Thanks Igorad

Noel

newdigital:
Yes, but it is necessary to code (by coders). I like more SignalTrader EA (posted on this thread as well). Because this EA is refreshing every 1 minutes, or 5 minutes (adjustable) searching for new trading signals. I tested this EA for few months and it works fine: i opened the orders at home manually in my Metatrader and SignalTrader EA attached to remote computer took this signals and opened same orders almost in the same time. So, I need just open the order from everywhere and EA (attached to any Metatrader to any other PC in different internet location) will open the orders as well and will process the orders by sl, tp, breakeven, filters and so on.

Hi Newdigital,

The latter part above, how do I set the NewsSignal EA to do the same, in other words, " opened the orders at home manually in my Metatrader and SignalTrader EA attached to remote computer took this signals and opened same orders almost in the same time."

Is this done automatically or manually ?

pjo

-----------------------

edited

Who sends the trading signal to SignalTraderEA ?

Or how these trading signals are generated ?

News Trader EA

From Newdigital post on NewsTraderEA:

NewsTrader EA

1. View the calendars.

2. Registration.

Please note: you do not need to register on this tool Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars if you want to trade the news. Just attaching NewsTrader EAs to the chart may be enough!

"if you want to trade the news" what does this mean ?

Please elaborate in detail.

Reason: