Elite indicators :) - page 458

ValeoFX

we know each other for a long time, so I hope you won't mind the question regarding the "rsi dots" indicator : how do you trade that?

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen

Please would you be so kind as to making me a "divergence" indicator of the normal RSIfound in MT4 (attached)

Also, could you add arrows upon crossing the 50%-line on this "Dotted-RSI" of mine, plse?

Thanking you in advance.
Files:
rsi_dots.gif  26 kb

Ehlers Fisher transform smoothed

mladen:
derfel

Here you go

Smoothing added . If you wish to turn the smoothing off, set it to equal or less than 1

Just got back from unexpected holidays and would like to say thank you. The alert-question is not vital. That's ok as it is now.

thanks

derfel

MAs crossing

Mladen

I am trying to recreate the Keltner channel arrows with this MA and failing miserably. Can you help me out. The functionality is located at line 99 to 122. The fatal attemp is below it. You can see some of the failures on the chart.

Thank you

Ray

Ray

I found this comment in the code :

I'm trying to get a trend 1 when the EMB1 crosses over the EMB2 && the candle fits in between the two

By candle do you mean the body or the candle or the wick (high-low)?

Also, you do know that if you use negative shift it will have to draw arrows backwards (in the past, closed candles)?

traderduke:
Mladen

I am trying to recreate the Keltner channel arrows with this MA and failing miserably. Can you help me out. The functionality is located at line 99 to 122. The fatal attemp is below it. You can see some of the failures on the chart.

Thank you

Ray

Thank You Mladen for swami-R2.

I know what is the LinearRegSlope and i'm using it in amibroker as pure formula (unbounded) with the second way (separate green and red color).

I've tried a few ways of normalization (as RSI-like, Stochastic-like, normalized as arcustangens of LinRegSlope and than divided by Pi/2, fisherized, IFT and others) but pure indicator with "two-colors way" was the best choice, so could you please make this indicator as swami with this kind of "normalization" (i mean "two-colors" "normalization").

Regards

CromCruach

Ps. can you add a critical levels for swamiR2 (for example for 95% confidence R2 critical value is 0,77 for 5 periods, 0,40 for 10 pds, 0,27 for 14 pds ... and..... you know what i mean...)

mladen:
CromCruach

This is a swami r-squared indicator (it is suitable for swami charts since it is a bounded indicator and that makes it a good choice for making a swami chart of it) Linear regression slope is un-bound and it would need to be bounded first (for example in a kind of a normalization) and only then it could be used in swami chart, or it could be made a 2 color swami (one for slope up and the other for slope down) but I don't think that the 2 color one would be appealing

PS: for all less familiar with r-squared, I would like to remind that r-squared is not a "directional" indicator. Shortest definition of it would be "Statistical measure of how well a regression line approximates real data points; an r-squared of 1.0 (100%) indicates a perfect fit"

Ps. can you add a critical levels for swamiR2 (for example for 95% confidence R2 critical value is 0,77 for 5 periods, 0,40 for 10 pds, 0,27 for 14 pds ... and..... you know what i mean...)

I am not sure that I can do it. The problem is in how swami charts are calculated. The lowest lines are shortest periods (colored depending on their value) and so on : they are stacked one upon the other. The generic one is also calculated as an average of all calculated R2 values (all periods calculated). So they would have to be "normalized" so that the probability remains the same for all, and that being non-linear I really am not sure what would we get as a result from all those "deformations" (since any normalization is going to introduce at least some deformation)

Will try to figure out some way, but can not promisse anything regarding this subject ...

CromCruach:
Thank You Mladen for swami-R2.

I know what is the LinearRegSlope and i'm using it in amibroker as pure formula (unbounded) with the second way (separate green and red color).

I've tried a few ways of normalization (as RSI-like, Stochastic-like, normalized as arcustangens of LinRegSlope and than divided by Pi/2, fisherized, IFT and others) but pure indicator with "two-colors way" was the best choice, so could you please make this indicator as swami with this kind of "normalization" (i mean "two-colors" "normalization").

Regards

CromCruach

indicator dynamic merging

Mladen,

I would like to marge the two indicators here attached in order to adjust the Pahse of the "Double smoothed jurik filtere" with the pahse calculated by "double_smoothed_jurik_filter.mq4alb_phase_change_index_on_jurik_1.mq4" indicator also here attahced.

My idea is to have somethink that change dinamicaly.

I tried to do so but my programming capabilities are not like yours. Would you mind helping ?

Thanks

Gia

mladen,

Yes, by candle (open to close). I'm not sure what you meant by "arrows backwards (in the past, closed candles)". I wanted to enter the trade (trend 1 & arrow) when the first full candle(open to close only no wicks) fit within the 2 mas. I wanted to change the trend to 0 when the close of the candle broke out of the ma.

Thanks

Ray

mladen:
Ray

I found this comment in the code :

By candle do you mean the body or the candle or the wick (high-low)?

Also, you do know that if you use negative shift it will have to draw arrows backwards (in the past, closed candles)?

Ray

Whe you use negative shift for a moving average, it changes values in the past bars. That is what I meant. And that will cause a "repainting" of arrows since the crosses will happen on past bars. Will make what you described and you will then be able to test what does a negative shit do to crosses

traderduke:
mladen,

Yes, by candle (open to close). I'm not sure what you meant by "arrows backwards (in the past, closed candles)". I wanted to enter the trade (trend 1 & arrow) when the first full candle(open to close only no wicks) fit within the 2 mas. I wanted to change the trend to 0 when the close of the candle broke out of the ma.

Thanks

Ray

Ray

Try this one out. I think it is working exactly as you described it now

Reason: