Elite indicators :) - page 453

Open Positions

Here an even simpler overview indicator of open positions taking up less space

Files:

Vdx

Mladem

Have you ever heard of the VDX indicator? It is suggested to be better then the ADX. Can you convert the math into a MT4 indicator? here is the web site!

Volume-weighted Exponential Moving Average

Ray

i don't have a too good experience when using volume in forex (especially due to volume-tick manipulation) but will see what can be done

traderduke:
Mladem

Have you ever heard of the VDX indicator? It is suggested to be better then the ADX. Can you convert the math into a MT4 indicator? here is the web site!

Volume-weighted Exponential Moving Average

Ray

traderduke

Just an update : When I try to apply that formula to the letter, I get meaningless results. But now, since I am a thickheaded one, decided to go to the bottom of it and find out all about it (it seems that the guy is as bad as I am in explaining some things) and will make it just because it is there So ...

Volume weighted EMA ...

Found an article in TASC October 2009 with a much, much simpler formula of volume weighted EMA. So this is a volume weighted EMA as a first step to some indicators based on it (Volume weighted MACD and some others ...).

On the picture red is VEMA and gray is regular EMA. As it is obvious it is sometimes faster sometimes not. I would like to try it out on some "real volumes" symbol but but I am not sure that metatrader has any "real" volume at all. On the example it is German BMW (Deitche Borse data) used instead of some forex symbol, but, as I said, I really am not sure are the volumes "real" volumes in this case

Files:
vema.mq4  2 kb
vema.gif  28 kb

This is alligator and awesome both having a choice of the 18 different moving averages, the alligator has an extra confirmation line, wasn't going to post the AO since its basically a 5 period and 34 period macd but since now have an averages alligator might as well be an averages Ao.;)

Voulme weighted MACD ...

This indicator (along with the volume weighted EMA) was made according to the article by David Hawkins published in October 2009 issue of TASC (this article : Volume-Weighted Macd Histogram )

As it is explained in the article, additional "adapting" is done by using the volume which should ensure better response in times of high volume trading times. Test it, if possible, on symbols that do have "real" volumes

PS: left the possibility to enter fractional periods for calculations (EMA period does not have to be integer value at all, so left that possibility too)

Files:
vema_macd.gif  26 kb
vema_macd.mq4  4 kb

Hello Mldaden,

How is one to find out symbols that have real value?

Thank you

Daniel

Volume weighted ADX (Wilder's DMI) ...

This is a volume weighted ADX (Wilder's DMI is in fact an original ADX as it should be)

Just in case added an option with which you can choose : if you wish the volume weighting, set the VolumeWeighted parameter to tru, if not set it to false and in that case you are going to get a "simple Wikder's DMI. Here is a comparison of the "non-weighted" (upper) and volume weighted (lower)

PS: updated the indicator so that the ADX value itself is calculated as volume weighted EMA not just the DI+,DI- and the true range (so it is a "completely volume weighted version" now

trades log

Hi everybody,

just created a simple indi to show details of open trades without opening the terminal window.

1st column the pairs (Blue for Buy orders, Red for Sell orders)

2nd column the actual price (Blue/Bid for Buy orders, Red/Ask for Sell orders)

3rd column the Entry price

4th column Trades size (lots)

5th column stop loss level (if any), will turn Red at 10 pips distance (like the terminal...); in brackets the distance from the actual price (Bid for long Ask for short) in pips.

6th column take profit level (if any), will turn Lime at 10 pips distance; in brackets distance from the actual price in pips.

7th column profit/aqua - loss/dark orange in pips.

8th column profit/aqua - loss/dark orange in $.

You may attach the indi to any open chart and it will show all the open trades (if any...) for all the instruments (doesn't need to be attached to the chart where a trade is opened...)

It works without any adjustment in 4 and 5 digits platforms.

Hope you like it

Updated version at this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Files:
Reason: