Elite indicators :) - page 455

Nothing complicated

Look at the cross of the central lines (the two Kalman filters) as well as the cross of the prices over the central lines. Bands are there for eventual targets and stop losses. It is a discretional way of using it to find the trends out and normally I am the one that decided which time frame to use. As I said, when I want to see the "main" trend I go to 4 hour time frame and when I want to determine entry or exit points than I go to 1 hour time frame keeping in mind what 4 hour time frame shows.

usually you will see that when the price crosses central line and retraces, Kalman filter lines did not (and it is not due to lag of them). Sometimes, when I am a bit more "freeminded", it looks like the filter has a mind of its own. Takes some time to get used to it, but that is the one I am using as a basis of my trading and I like its "behavior". Just to remind what some people know : I trader only EURUSD so this template is more or less tailored to it

stav01:
Mladen,

Please could explain a bit more about how you trade with this?

Regards.

uni_cross

Mladen

Could you fix the arrows & alerts & could you create the trend buffer?

thank you

ray

Files:
uni_cross.mq4  5 kb

Ray

Snake (that is used in that indicator) recalculates (it is in fact a centered TMA) which means that signals will change places as the "snake" changes values. So, if buy "fixing" you meant to keep them on same place (not repaint) using "snake" it is not possible. Let me know if that is what you meant or you have some other idea

traderduke:
Mladen

Could you fix the arrows & alerts & could you create the trend buffer?

thank you

ray

I would rather "no repaint" if possible. What would you suggest to replace the Snake?

Thanks for the explaination.

mladen:
Ray Snake (that is used in that indicator) recalculates (it is in fact a centered TMA) which means that signals will change places as the "snake" changes values. So, if buy "fixing" you meant to keep them on same place (not repaint) using "snake" it is not possible. Let me know if that is what you meant or you have some other idea

Ray

As far as results are concerned, centered moving averages are a class of their own. Will try with some other averages to see if some will give comparable results, but can not promise anything too similar to what centered TMA produces

traderduke:
I would rather "no repaint" if possible. What would you suggest to replace the Snake? Thanks for the explaination.

re-paint

mladen,

Is there any way to tell or control how far back the TMA will re-paint. Fractals are suppose to re-paint 2 back, Henderson is said to be 2 back but I've seen it change 4 back. I seem to be getting more involved with TMA's. I would like to be able to spot there vulnerability/chart delay time, for instance this TMA being used in 10.2, attached. How far back will it change?

mladen:
Ray As far as results are concerned, centered moving averages are a class of their own. Will try with some other averages to see if some will give comparable results, but can not promise anything too similar to what centered TMA produces

Ray

cenetered TMA repaint exactly half period bars back. In the case of the indicator you attached it is with default setttings 20

traderduke:
mladen, Is there any way to tell or control how far back the TMA will re-paint. Fractals are suppose to re-paint 2 back, Henderson is said to be 2 back but I've seen it change 4 back. I seem to be getting more involved with TMA's. I would like to be able to spot there vulnerability/chart delay time, for instance this TMA being used in 10.2, attached. How far back will it change?

Ray

Been thinking about this problem and here is my conclusion :

Combining 2 types of averages crosses actually can not be automatized. The problems is that we are comparing apples with pears. In cases like MACD we are having same type of average and in that case it is simple and quite obvious which one is faster : the one with shorter calculating period. In case of comparing 2 types of averages that criteria is completely lost : the code can not "know" which one is the faster one (just take an example of SMA and NonLagMa : non lag ma is going to be faster even for longer periods of calculations)

And since it does not "know" the faster and the slower, a 2 type averages cross indicator also can not know the trend (for the reason explained). Trend can be found only in cases when the types of the averages are the same. I can mark that "verage 1" is over or under "average 2" but in terms of "trend", when averages are of different types, it will mean nothing in some cases

traderduke:
I would rather "no repaint" if possible. What would you suggest to replace the Snake? Thanks for the explaination.

Of topic :

Usually I post indicators explained in the newest TASC here (since they do not have a metatrader versions in TASC)

Well new TASC is out, but ... the indicator they are explaining in the newest (June 2012 issue) is 8 period simple moving average. So, no new indicators from TASC this time ...

Thanks Mladen for that explaination.

mladen:
Ray cenetered TMA repaint exactly half period bars back. In the case of the indicator you attached it is with default setttings 20
Reason: