Elite indicators :) - page 462

Your guys are at the soccer championship, so, "beer control" is advisory Good luck there

altoronto:
Thank you Mladen and have a good weekend, lots of sports thou, tennis and soccer on tv

mladen:
... at the soccer championship, so, "beer control" is advisory

"beer control" is wife as I understand at least for me.

So, no problem ...

newdigital:
"beer control" is wife as I understand at least for me. So, no problem ...

Thanks Mladen, definitely they will need it, tough group.

Newdigital, or kid if demands to watch cartoons at the same time .. Luckily there's IPad for that.

Currency Strength

Mladen

Further back you offered us a CCFp indicator which tracks the 8 currencies. I also have a Currency Slope Strength(CSS) tracker which seems to be a little smoother and more accurate but more importantly it works on my renko charts.

So what is my request, the CSS indicator is a processor HOG. You can't load more then 2 or 3 on a screen without tying up the machine, your indicator on the other hand is very efficent.

if possible could you convert or fix one or the other to fufill the following items:

1. Work on Renko and regular charts. yours doesn't work on Renko

2. Improve the processor load. The CSS indicator is a dog.

3. showOnlySymbolOnChart option The CSS indicator does it.

4. show and set up audible and visual alerts when showCrossAlerts The CSS and yours do it, yours is the best

I realize that the CSS repaints but not badly. I'm not sure of yours. I appreciate any thing you can do to produce one dynamic currency tracker.

Thanks

Ray

Ray

Just a short answer now: CCF does not repaint. As of CSS it uses centered TMA in a rather funny way from what I can see at a first glance, Will see what can be done (if anything) to make it faster and more efficient, but even with a more efficient way of calculating it will still recalculate (repaint). And as of renko charts : they are all specific of the code that generates it (they are all custom generated offline charts) hence I never can guarantee that some code will work on all renko chart implementations. All I can guarantee is that they work as they should on normal time series data, but will try to keep the CSS "renko capable"

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen

Further back you offered us a CCFp indicator which tracks the 8 currencies. I also have a Currency Slope Strength(CSS) tracker which seems to be a little smoother and more accurate but more importantly it works on my renko charts.

So what is my request, the CSS indicator is a processor HOG. You can't load more then 2 or 3 on a screen without tying up the machine, your indicator on the other hand is very efficent.

if possible could you convert or fix one or the other to fufill the following items:

1. Work on Renko and regular charts. yours doesn't work on Renko

2. Improve the processor load. The CSS indicator is a dog.

3. showOnlySymbolOnChart option The CSS indicator does it.

4. show and set up audible and visual alerts when showCrossAlerts The CSS and yours do it, yours is the best

I realize that the CSS repaints but not badly. I'm not sure of yours. I appreciate any thing you can do to produce one dynamic currency tracker.

Thanks

Ray

Ray

That indicator can not be made faster and to have the same values calculated.

The problem is the following : it takes all the symbols that you have allowed in your symbols list and calculates values for those first and then combines them in a "composite value". So it is calculating a lot of symbols and that is the main problem of that indicator being slow. Also, since the number of symbols calculated is nor fixed (it will be different from user to user) I can not make the centered tma calculate faster either, since I can not create a 2 dimensional array that will fit for all needs and cases (metatrader does not allow a variable length for the second dimension of an array, so, since I do not know how many symbols there will be, I can not make an array that would hold centered tma values and that way make the slope calculation at least 50% faster)

Sorry

mladen:
This one is regarding the swing line : decided to "renew" it a bit, so it is a "all in one" indicator which allows you to choose if you wish to see lines, bars or candles (or all those together) That way one can easily control all the things it is doing from one single place and choose which way is the best to see it on chart easily

Hi Mladen.

I appreciate your all in one indicator. Is it possible to add drawing dot (same as BB MACD) or histogram style?

Thank you very much.

Mladen

Thank you for trying. I use the CSS primarily for just 2 pair at a time on a chart so;

1. CSS; Is there any way to control the number of pairs calculated such as the " showOnlySymbolOnChart". Can the chart pairs determine the pairs to calculate, I suppose I could set up a CSS for each spotpair ?? EURUSD could you look to see what could be re-aligned to just calculate the eurusd?? I have a feeling its not that easy.

2. CCFp; Could you put the "showOnlySymbolOnChart" option in it??.

3. CCFp; you already list the pairs could you show there value in order as the CSS does???

4. CCFp; Any idea on how to get it working on the renko charts??? It could be better then the CSS, it doesn't repaint!!

I know I'm a pain but have you really been challenged this week. If you ignore me I'll understand.

thank you

Ray

mladen:
Ray

That indicator can not be made faster and to have the same values calculated.

The problem is the following : it takes all the symbols that you have allowed in your symbols list and calculates values for those first and then combines them in a "composite value". So it is calculating a lot of symbols and that is the main problem of that indicator being slow. Also, since the number of symbols calculated is nor fixed (it will be different from user to user) I can not make the centered tma calculate faster either, since I can not create a 2 dimensional array that will fit for all needs and cases (metatrader does not allow a variable length for the second dimension of an array, so, since I do not know how many symbols there will be, I can not make an array that would hold centered tma values and that way make the slope calculation at least 50% faster)

Sorry

DTosc idea

Hello Mladen,

Could the #DTosc be made into a Candle-colouring indicator?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes.

Ray

The problem with CCFp and renko is in the following code :

double ma(string sym, int per, int Mode, int Price, int i)

{

sym = SymbolsPrefix+sym+SymbolsSuffix;

double res = 0; int k = 1;

switch(Period())

{

case 1: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 5;

case 5: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 3;

case 15: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 2;

case 30: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 2;

case 60: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 4;

case 240: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 6;

case 1440: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 4;

case 10080: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i); k += 4;

case 43200: res += iMA(sym, 0, per*k, 0, Mode, Price,i);

}

return(res);

}

It calculates moving averages from multiple time frames (using the "Elders way" of calculating higher time frame average) and uses that as a result. Now, the first problem is :
1. that renko does not have time frame and it does not know where to enter

2. even if we make it enter at some stage (force it to "behave" like some time frame) the nature of renko (it does not depend on time) makes me wonder what results would we actually get

As of the rest : will see how to make it (it is doable)

traderduke:
Mladen

Thank you for trying. I use the CSS primarily for just 2 pair at a time on a chart so;

1. CSS; Is there any way to control the number of pairs calculated such as the " showOnlySymbolOnChart". Can the chart pairs determine the pairs to calculate, I suppose I could set up a CSS for each spotpair ?? EURUSD could you look to see what could be re-aligned to just calculate the eurusd?? I have a feeling its not that easy.

2. CCFp; Could you put the "showOnlySymbolOnChart" option in it??.

3. CCFp; you already list the pairs could you show there value in order as the CSS does???

4. CCFp; Any idea on how to get it working on the renko charts??? It could be better then the CSS, it doesn't repaint!!

I know I'm a pain but have you really been challenged this week. If you ignore me I'll understand.

thank you

Ray
Reason: