Adaptive lookback indicators - page 120

Evi86:
The notification sent on the open of the next candle doesn't work too. Please see the image.
It works - please check it again : if you set the terminal as it should be it works as it should work. What you have there is that butchered version that shows arrows on a wrong places and you are assuming that it should alert on that wrongly displayed arrow too. Please read my previous post. All the best

mladen:

Guys please do not post patched indicators (as far as I see from the code the part with arrows is not made by me - the part handling the arrows is 100% sure not made by me since some important parts are completely left out from the code) or at lest tell that those are altered indicators

In any case : the arrows are drawn when low crosses lower band, and when high crosses upper band. Attached version corrects the arrows repainting and wrong place drawing issue

Hi Mladen,

Apologies, did not know its an altered indicator too.

Nevertheless, i tested the 1.02 version, i set the band to 1 instead of 2 for testing, and it seems like even though several consecutive candles price touches the lower or upper band, it doesn't display all the arrows? Was this your original logic?

I thought it should be better to keep showing arrows? 

Files:
1.02.PNG  26 kb

Evi86:

Hi Mladen,

Nevertheless, i tested the 1.02 version, i set the band to 1 instead of 2 for testing, and it seems like even though several consecutive candles price touches the lower or upper band, it doesn't display all the arrows? Was this your original logic?

It displays the arrows only on the first cross in the opposite direction - displaying arrows on each and every band cross would produce a flood of arrows.

mladen:
It displays the arrows only on the first cross in the opposite direction - displaying arrows on each and every band cross would produce a flood of arrows.
i get what you mean. but i find it better to see the arrows every time it hit the band, espeically i think if its used on higher time frame, it wouldn't have so many arrows. Can that be adjusted?

mladen:
When "angle" of anything is calculated there is a lag introduced. In the case of Kaufman ama it means that it will always lag behind the kama itself (since kama has those visual periods of flatness) and I think that it is better to use kama itself instead of it's "angle"
The problem is i want to use it in an ea, not manual trading, thats the reason why i want the "angle of".Even with lag i hope in longer ranges is it usefull to avoid enter trades.

Jaque:
The problem is i want to use it in an ea, not manual trading, thats the reason why i want the "angle of".Even with lag i hope in longer ranges is it usefull to avoid enter trades.

Jaque

It is same as some one tell,he is going to hit a hill by benz,not by bmw.

Evi86:

Hi Mladen,

Hi Mladen,

The arrow does repaint on the current candle right? 

Also, the apz value will be fixed as long as the next candle is open? Or does the arrow even repaint when the next candle appear?

E. 

Evi86:

Hi Mladen,

The arrow does repaint on the current candle right? 

Also, the apz value will be fixed as long as the next candle is open? Or does the arrow even repaint when the next candle appear?

E. 

Changes on a current (still opened) bar are not repainting - the state of the current candle must be updated as the price changes (or else that would be repainting)

Repainting is when a closed bar state is changed and no, that indicator does not repaint

mntiwana:

Jaque

It is same as some one tell,he is going to hit a hill by benz,not by bmw.

:-)

have you a suggestion which indi is usefull for range-detection ?

Привет! У кого есть новая версия этого индикатора?
Reason: