Elite indicators :) - page 355

fx40
fx40  

i think stochastic diffrent pair indicator its pwoerfull idea mladen

its can be macd diffrent pair accept value or setting of (5-13-1)

The same idea of ​​the previous indicator (stochastic diffrent pair)

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

As a mean to see basic correlation I think too that it can be useful.

Here is a MACD version of different pairs indicator. I did not have time enough to test and to check, but it seems that on some highly correlated pairs it is working OK. Added labels that are there simply in order to help us know which Macd corresponds to which symbol

regards

Mladen

fx40:
i think stochastic diffrent pair indicator its pwoerfull idea mladen

its can be macd diffrent pair accept value or setting of (5-13-1)

The same idea of ​​the previous indicator (stochastic diffrent pair)
fx40
fx40  
mladen:
As a mean to see basic correlation I think too that it can be useful.

Here is a MACD version of different pairs indicator. I did not have time enough to test and to check, but it seems that on some highly correlated pairs it is working OK. Added labels that are there simply in order to help us know which Macd corresponds to which symbol

regards Mladen

great

thanks mladen

fx40
fx40  

Mladen the indicator can not identify the pairs below usd (usdjpy-usdchf-usd-cad)

Files:
2.png 30 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

fx40

It is working (those are real values of macd for those pair) but one value is much bigger (the USDJPY) than the other and that is why you are getting that kind of a comparison

It is the nature of macd. To remind : macd is a difference of 2 EMAs (exponential moving averages) Symbols like USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY are 2 digit symbols and, by nature. they are having much bigger values of MACD than 4 digit symbols. MACD is not a bounded indicator (like stochastic or rsi, for example) and that is why it happens

In order to make them comparable by values, added two new parameters : FirstSymbolMultiplier and SecondSymbolMultiplier. In cases like that you should set either the first or the second to 100 or 0.01. But be careful since that is deforming macd (it is not that simple to make macd values equal - maybe better measure would be some kind of ATR but then it would completely distort macd values, so ...). Here is an USDJP - GBPUSD in which USDJPY mul;tiplier is set to 0.01

regards

Mladen

fx40:
Mladen the indicator can not identify the pairs below usd (usdjpy-usdchf-usd-cad)

Updated version : macd_different_pairs_2_nmc.mq4

fx40
fx40  
mladen:
fx40

it is working (those are real values of macd for those pair) but one value is much bigger (the usdjpy) than the other and that is why you are getting that kind of a comparison

it is the nature of macd. To remind : Macd is a difference of 2 emas (exponential moving averages) symbols like usdjpy, gbpjpy, eurjpy are 2 digit symbols and, by nature. They are having much bigger values of macd than 4 digit symbols. Macd is not a bounded indicator (like stochastic or rsi, for example) and that is why it happens

in order to make them comparable by values, added two new parameters : Firstsymbolmultiplier and secondsymbolmultiplier. In cases like that you should set either the first or the second to 100 or 0.01. But be careful since that is deforming macd (it is not that simple to make macd values equal - maybe better measure would be some kind of atr but then it would completely distort macd values, so ...). Here is an usdjp - gbpusd in which usdjpy mul;tiplier is set to 0.01
[attach]121310[/attach]
regards mladen

thanks mladen

whats about rsx diffrent pair its can be done

and its value its become equal

Files:
rsx.mq4 4 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

fx40

Avoid using the rsx you posted (it is repainting and is going to accumulate calculation error with each tick that comes for a bar) There are quite a few correctly coded rsx indicators in this thread.

This version of rsx different pairs uses correct calculation
PS: rsx is a bounded indicator (to remind it is a kind of a smoothed rsi) so this one does not need any multiplication to make values similar

regards

Mladen

fx40:
thanks mladen

whats about rsx diffrent pair its can be done

and its value its become equal
fx40
fx40  
mladen:
fx40

avoid using the rsx you posted (it is repainting and is going to accumulate calculation error with each tick that comes for a bar) there are quite a few correctly coded rsx indicators in this thread.

This version of rsx different pairs uses correct calculation
[attach]121327[/attach]
ps: Rsx is a bounded indicator (to remind it is a kind of a smoothed rsi) so this one does not need any multiplication to make values similar

regards

mladen

its great indicator from great programer i have some idea to used it i do not know about the indicator which i posted it was repainting thanks for your adviced

thank you very much mladen

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Rsx was originally made by Mark Jurik. Here is a link (without any promotion intention) with some more info about rsx and how it can be used : RSX

Some explanation what does that version do :

regards

Mladen

fx40:
its great indicator from great programer i have some idea to used it i do not know about the indicator which i posted it was repainting thanks for your adviced thank you very much mladen
Files:
brax64
brax64  

step stochastic arrows mod

Hello,

I did create a little mod of the step stochastic to shows arrows instead of lines.

Regards

brax64

mladen:
Here you go

But ... the version I sued is not the one you posted but the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general . The reason is described in that post, but you can make a quick test that will show you some things : the one you posted, by default, is calculating 500 bars. Change the bars calculated to let say 5000 and watch the chart. That is what I was talking about among other things in that post

Anyway, here you have the one that draws vertical lines at bars where crosses happened. You can control the visibility, the color, the style and the width of the lines, so I hope it covers all the needs regarding lines and crosses

regards Mladen