Elite indicators :) - page 171

The Sidebar Level Suite is starting to shape up nicely.

Thanks everyone for your help

What it has so far;

Daily Open

Yesterday High Low

Pivots Points

Bollinger Bands

Moving Averages

The last 3 things I need to add to finish the sidebar are;

Fibonacci Levels,

The Hourly, Weekly, Monthly Pivot Points,

(...and adding a time zone adjustment to the Daily Data candle so it works with different broker timezones)

The Pivot Point indicator mladen created (I reposted it on Monday) has the Pivot Identifier setting, so multiple instances can be loaded on a single chart. At the moment I'm using the SDX TZ for the daily pivots because it's configured properly for the right hand setting, and also because it has the YHL, Daily Open, and a few other things.

The Fibonacci tool.

The best Fibonacci indicator I found so far is Support Resistance Fibonacci LA, but it needs some work. The colors can't be changed, and fibo levels can't be added or subtracted. Also it changes the HL setting to the current timeframe you're on for the fibo levels. I think a better option would be to be able to set the HL TF for each instance of the indicator with date setting. That way the HL could be factored on a particular period and TF. Here are 2 screenshots (a mock up of it set up properly, and the bottom chart of the Fib Indicator as is)

If anyone knows of a better solution for the Fib Levels please let me know.

I know everyone is very busy, but if anyone has time to help me with these last couple of things, I would be very grateful.

I'll post the zip with all the indicators and a template shortly so anyone who's interested can try it out.

Cheers,

Fudo

MA ShortLines

Fudomyo:
I wanted to check if anyone has or knows of a moving average indicator that plots the level line as a horizontal line on the right hand side of the chart.

Someone posted a boliband indicator recently here that functions the same way, thanks for that.

It inspired me to clean my charts up and have the main chart as just pure PA and the right hand side has all the important levels marked off.

(btw: mladens Daily Data indicator also works really well with the information sorted this way)

Anyway, if anyone has a moving average indicator like this, that would be great! I know I've seen something like it, but I can't remember where.

I found a template for a Custom Moving Average.mq4

If someone could tell me the code to change for plotting the line, I can try to do it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Once I get all the bits and pieces sorted I'll post the indicators together with a template for anyone who's interested.

Give this a go and let me know if anything needs to be altered.

05/08/2010

Alterations to the code as requested - I have put in these extra inputs.

1/ The Timeframe can now be added or deleted from the MA line

2/ The MA Line Label can be shifted

3/ The MA Line can now be extended to the left if required

ma_shortlines.mq4

Files:
ma.gif  21 kb

Stochastic Momentum + MTF

mladen:
ftsdean

Here you go

I did not know which version did you want (with or without arrows) so I cooked up a version that covers both versions. Just set the ShowArrows to desired value
regards mladen

Mladen,

Simply put... You rock!

Thanks for the Stochastic Momentum with arrows and built-in MTF function. It's perfect...exactly what I was hoping for.

Thanks again for everything you do to make this the best Forex forum on the Internet!!!

My best to you,

ftsdean

ALLMA_AngleZeroSigMa

Hi,

Some time ago I saw the ALLMA_AngleZeroSigMA indicator and tried it.

Unfortunately it does not work for me and I don't know were it was discussed.

Does someone use it and where can I get the working one?

Thanks for the help.

Antomi

PS: I tried to search it but without success.

Hi Mladen,

Can you please add history to this indicator? It shows only the current day. Thank you very much in advance.

Out of curiosity, are you a full-time programmer or a full-time trader with a hobby of programming?

Files:

I am sorry I do not have the mq4 file. Do you maybe have a converter? I had a converter but my previous computer colapsed and I do not have one on my new computer. I will try to find one on the Internet.

Hi Mladen,

I am posting the mq4 file. Please add history. Thank you very much for your effort.

Files:

mladen,

Is it possible to modify this version in order that it will plot a mark everywhere it crosses the upper and lower TMA bands? In my experience, it only plots this mark or alert at some points on the chart. I have seen this occur in different time frames using the MTF option.

If price pierces the upper or lower band it will alert, but if price continues going higher or lower through the bands the the alert or mark will disappear from the chart. As I scroll the history of a chart looking for areas where the TMA bands have been crossed there will be several alerts plotted on the chart, but not all of the ones that were there are present. Is it possible to remedy this issue?

Thank you.

mladen:
Chris,

If I am correct you are referring to alerts in a multi time frame mode. If yes, they are fixed now (they are now taking into account the target time frame too, so the target time frame is strictly honored - previous version did not take into account the high, low and close of the target time frame but those were taken from a current time frame, also interpolated values were used for alerts and they should not)

If you set the alertsEmailto true it will send an email too. Some details how to set up metatrader to send emails can be found here : Secrets of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: Alerting System - MQL4 Articles . I am sending you these details simply because I do not know if the problem is in setting up the email alerts which is explained in detail at that link

regards

mladen

--

Reason: