Elite indicators :) - page 546

Rsi Multisymbol + Smoothed

mladen:
Yet to be coded

That's good Would it be a good idea for the indicator to have more than just one smoothing algorithms (smooth mode) inside the indicator one of them being rsioma? What do you think?

It is always goo to have more choices as long as you can control them (instead of they controling you). Maybe the best is to have a lot of choices, tests them for some period of time, and then decide which one is the best for your trading style and then stick with it. Otherwise there is a danger of constant choices expolration instead of trading

mandagozu81:
That's good Would it be a good idea for the indicator to have more than just one smoothing algorithms (smooth mode) inside the indicator one of them being rsioma? What do you think?

So I took liberty to make smoothed multi symbols smoothed RSI and Momentum version, of course if its approved by master Mladen

Dear Mladen i need your very simple idea about a coding issue please...

Dear Mladen,

You are our guru about mt4 coding and on whom many people like me count the most about mt4 programming.

2 days ago i have asked you in the elite forum about having 4 indicators in one subwindow to makeup a combo indicator which visually looks like the 4tf bars indicators (instead of having 4 different timeframes for 4 boxes having 4 different indicator values for 4 boxes all in one subwindow)

I decided to have a combo with 8 indicators. 8 boxes on top of each other blue or red.

When i made an inquiry about the project an an experienced commercial mt4 coder said to me.

"""MT4 allow only 8 buffers for indicators. Your combo needs 16 (8 blue and 8 red).

We have 2 possibilities :

1/ Make 2 indicators (4 indicators each). One of the 2 will check the other one to define the alert.

2/ Make only one but instead of using buffers, I will code with objects (blue/red squares). The look of the indicator will be the same but not very conventional way to code.""""

and another coder whom i don't know very well said,

"""""MT4 only allows 8 buffers for indicators, YES. You need 8 boxes, so your indicator uses only 8 buffers. No more, no less. Remember I mentioned we all are coders, but we have coders, and we have coders. Quality and Experience counts.

If you work with me, you'll definitely see how I'll deal with it which is totally different from the 2 possibilities the "experienced guy" mentioned. I'm the next simple guy across your computer. If I fail to WOW you, then I'm here to answer to you.

For what it's worth, your combo needs 8 buffers, I repeat, 8 buffers!""""""

--------------------

Which of the 2 coders is right in your opinion? Is it really possible to have my combo indicator with 8 boxes in one subwindow using 8 buffers? (i would prefer to not split my combo indi into 2 parts). Your valuable idea is very very important to me. Thank you for your ongoing support and ideas!

mandagozu81

To display 8 values in 2 colors each using only drawing buffers in metatrader 4 you would need 16 buffers (metatrader 4 does not allow that one drawing buffer has more than one color). And metatrader allows only 8 drawing buffers - so, without using objects (any kind and any way) it is not possible to have 16 colors for 8 drawing buffers.

It can be drawn using objects (see the "swami" series indicators where it practically uses as much colors your pc can show and in 95 step (buffers) - it could be more but I limited it to that for practical reasons - metatrader does not "like" too much object on chart)

mandagozu81:
Dear Mladen,

You are our guru about mt4 coding and on whom many people like me count the most about mt4 programming.

2 days ago i have asked you in the elite forum about having 4 indicators in one subwindow to makeup a combo indicator which visually looks like the 4tf bars indicators (instead of having 4 different timeframes for 4 boxes having 4 different indicator values for 4 boxes all in one subwindow)

I decided to have a combo with 8 indicators. 8 boxes on top of each other blue or red.

When i made an inquiry about the project an an experienced commercial mt4 coder said to me.

"""MT4 allow only 8 buffers for indicators. Your combo needs 16 (8 blue and 8 red).

We have 2 possibilities :

1/ Make 2 indicators (4 indicators each). One of the 2 will check the other one to define the alert.

2/ Make only one but instead of using buffers, I will code with objects (blue/red squares). The look of the indicator will be the same but not very conventional way to code.""""

and another coder whom i don't know very well said,

"""""MT4 only allows 8 buffers for indicators, YES. You need 8 boxes, so your indicator uses only 8 buffers. No more, no less. Remember I mentioned we all are coders, but we have coders, and we have coders. Quality and Experience counts.

If you work with me, you'll definitely see how I'll deal with it which is totally different from the 2 possibilities the "experienced guy" mentioned. I'm the next simple guy across your computer. If I fail to WOW you, then I'm here to answer to you.

For what it's worth, your combo needs 8 buffers, I repeat, 8 buffers!""""""

--------------------

Which of the 2 coders is right in your opinion? Is it really possible to have my combo indicator with 8 boxes in one subwindow using 8 buffers? (i would prefer to not split my combo indi into 2 parts). Your valuable idea is very very important to me. Thank you for your ongoing support and ideas!

mladen, a followup to my last request to you

mladen,

Just a quick question as to whether there is any available info on the possibility of my last indicator (nonlag ATR of jma cross) coding request to you?

Thanks alot once again for all you do for all of us on these 2 forums.

traderdp

David

David

Try this version out

PS: changed the name for 2 reasons. 1st : it never actually used atr. 2nd now it don't use nonLagMa but those are all our (TSD) proprietary smoothed values. Play a bit with SmoothLength to see what "amount" of smoothness you need

traderdp:
mladen,

Just a quick question as to whether there is any available info on the possibility of my last indicator (nonlag ATR of jma cross) coding request to you?

Thanks alot once again for all you do for all of us on these 2 forums.

traderdp

David
Files:

Are these the same indicators

I've been testing these 2 indicators. They look similar, but have different Property Inputs.

Can a non-repainting Histogram version be created for both indicators? Thank you.

volatility_quality_nrp_-_stridsman.mq4

vq-stridsman_on_jurik_mtfalerts.mq4

mladen, sorry but I'm a bit confused

mladen:
David

Try this version out

PS: changed the name for 2 reasons. 1st : it never actually used atr. 2nd now it don't use nonLagMa but those are all our (TSD) proprietary smoothed values. Play a bit with SmoothLength to see what "amount" of smoothness you need

mladen,

I'm sorry for not being more specific today in my followup request. I was referring to my prior request last week about taking the nonlag ATR of jma cross MT4 indicator and coding it for NinjaTrader 7 (NT7) so I could use it with my synthetic bars.

By the way, your just posted smoothed crosses MT4 indicator is just about identical to the original nonlag ATR of jma cross indi and so smooth crosses would also be perfect for NT7 if that one could be more easily coded into NT7. Thanks once again and sorry for my confusion.

traderdp

David

David

As far as I saw they have a JMA converted to ninja trader. Now JMA is not as good as smoothing we are using (it is the usual jma that was first a welth lab version, then someone decompiled it and then that someone converted it to metatrader, and then it was converted to ninja trader, the usual story ).

So all you have to do in ninja trader is to take a nonLagMa and apply 2 times their jma to that nonLagMa (I believe they converted it to ninja trader too) and you will get results similar to the version you are using in metatrader

traderdp:
mladen,

I'm sorry for not being more specific today in my followup request. I was referring to my prior request last week about taking the nonlag ATR of jma cross MT4 indicator and coding it for NinjaTrader 7 (NT7) so I could use it with my synthetic bars.

By the way, your just posted smoothed crosses MT4 indicator is just about identical to the original nonlag ATR of jma cross indi and so smooth crosses would also be perfect for NT7 if that one could be more easily coded into NT7. Thanks once again and sorry for my confusion.

traderdp

David
Reason: