Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 28

mladen,

I tried to get the buffer values using the following but I get nothing.

ObjectSetText("Buffers", DoubleToStr(buffer2 , 1), font_size, font_face, font_color);

bose3:
mladen,

I tried to get the buffer values using the following but I get nothing.

ObjectSetText("Buffers", DoubleToStr(buffer2 , 1), font_size, font_face, font_color);

You have to use some buffer index (you can not use just the "buffer" for that purpose)

Try using buffer2[0] for current value of buffer2

So which buffer to which colour of line corresponds? Like buffer1 corresponds to LimeGreen etc.

ivoes:
So which buffer to which colour of line corresponds? Like buffer1 corresponds to LimeGreen etc.

ivoes

You can see that from the data window too

First buufer has the value of TMA. Second buffer has the value of upper band and third buffer has the lower band values

TMA+CG and TMA slope indicator mods

Can you provide some help modifying 2 TMA indicators?

On the TMA+CG, I'd like the colored bands to change color when the slope changes.

I've seen different TMA Slope indicators, and they typically show the current values for different time frames in print in the window of the histogram for the current timeframe. Can this indicator be changed to MTF?

Files:

40mitch:
Can you provide some help modifying 2 TMA indicators?

On the TMA+CG, I'd like the colored bands to change color when the slope changes.

I've seen different TMA Slope indicators, and they typically show the current values for different time frames in print in the window of the histogram for the current timeframe. Can this indicator be changed to MTF?

For TMA bands it can not be done. It would require 4 more drawing buffers to have bands color change and metatrader does not allow 9 drawing buffers (that would be needed in that case)

mladen:
For TMA bands it can not be done. It would require 4 more drawing buffers to have bands color change and metatrader does not allow 9 drawing buffers (that would be needed in that case)

How about if the center line (only) changes color--not the bands? Would it be possible to do that? It seems fewer buffers would be required in that instance.

40mitch:
How about if the center line (only) changes color--not the bands? Would it be possible to do that? It seems fewer buffers would be required in that instance.

40mitch

That indicator is using 7 buffers all in all. Adding a coloring to a line needs 2 more buffers (unlike the usual opinion, if you use only 1 additional buffer for a additional color for line drawing, what you are going to get is a repainting (not recalculating, but classical repainting) code). So we are still out of enough buffers to do that

mladen:
40mitch That indicator is using 7 buffers all in all. Adding a coloring to a line needs 2 more buffers (unlike the usual opinion, if you use only 1 additional buffer for a additional color for line drawing, what you are going to get is a repainting (not recalculating, but classical repainting) code). So we are still out of enough buffers to do that

Thanks for explaining the limiting issue. Does moving to MT5 resolve that limitation?

Also, how about the other request to create a MTF version of the TMA slope indicator? I know you've written that there are versions created by others that you'd rather not touch--is it possible to make your preferred version of this indicator (is 10.2 TMA slope v.1.4B 4.30.mq4) the most recent?) a MTF version?

Thanks in advance!

40mitch:
Thanks for explaining the limiting issue. Does moving to MT5 resolve that limitation?

Also, how about the other request to create a MTF version of the TMA slope indicator? I know you've written that there are versions created by others that you'd rather not touch--is it possible to make your preferred version of this indicator (is 10.2 TMA slope v.1.4B 4.30.mq4) the most recent?) a MTF version?

Thanks in advance!

40mitch

That indicator is already a multi time frame indicator (as far as I see). Set the select_other_tf_to_show to desired time frame and it will probably work OK

Reason: