Elite indicators :) - page 403

ValeoFX:
Mladen or MrTools, please could you change the line thickness of this indicator for me? Alex.Piech.FinGeR constructed this gem and I would like to run it "in the back ground" rather than an overpowering solid line. Presently it can only be selected as single solid line or 2 - 3 thickness, etc. I would like the option to make those lines (levels) dotted in variation, etc. Much appreciated again. Thanks.

Valeo, this should do the trick.

Cheers, San.

ValeoFX:
====================

Mladen, you are probably smiling already when you see my request for ARROWS (Yep Arrows) when the indicator brakes levels 85 down and 15 up. This is one of THE most under rated indicators on the market and with the combination of DTosc (and I am now testing your latest creation in "InverseFisher..." to see whether it will add more value, which it seems to do), it has already proved to me at least, that it is worth running.

Thanking you in advance.

Best personal regards.

This is the version with arrows and alerts on slope change and when leaving upper and lower levels. Know you asked for Mladen but know he will fix if i screw it up

Thanks, MrTools ! And a question as usual...

Thanks a lot, Mentor ! Could you tell me what kind of pink-violet support-resistance line is on your

main chart ? Is it ''The trend envelope''? And if so - what time frame? Thank you in advance !

Thank you San

Snowski:
Valeo, this should do the trick. Cheers, San.

===========

So much appreciated, San.

Thank you.

Thank you MrTools

mrtools:
This is the version with arrows and alerts on slope change and when leaving upper and lower levels. Know you asked for Mladen but know he will fix if i screw it up

============

Thank you so much MrTools. Much appreciated as I can see a double smile on Mladen's face.

Successful week ahead.

Mikhael Pankov:
Thanks a lot, Mentor ! Could you tell me what kind of pink-violet support-resistance line is on your main chart ? Is it ''The trend envelope''? And if so - what time frame? Thank you in advance !

Hi Mikhael,

Its the Atr trend, on chart timeframe, from here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

post#4133

Nice week, MrTools !

mrtools:
Hi Mikhael,

Its the Atr trend, on chart timeframe, from here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

post#4133

Thank you , sir !!!

Drunkard's walk ...

This is a kind of "2 in one" indicator (even though they are both from the same data) ...

According to the article "Random Walk Revealed" by Ron Davis, the original name of what became known as the "Random walk" originally used by probability theorist and teacher William Feller was "Drunkard's walk", so Ron Davis decided to use the original name instead and I decided to keep it too.

This one is a study of a random walk that is used to find out current trend. Both parts of the indicator are meant to show the trend but in a bit different way. The upper part is showing the "up and down walks" while the lower is showing only the prevailing one while the inactive is ignored till it becomes the prevailing one (the will the straight line became visible) If you wish to remove the background (which I added in order to make more visible that it is yet other indicator) of the lower part, set the UniqueIDparameter to "" (empty string)

And this version too ...

Previous version was made to be same as the original Easy language code they (the author of that article) have made. First of all, the original code has one logic error in it (it comes from a fact that it seems that they did not check how CurrentBarfunction works in tradestation) and it causes just longer and longer and longer calculating periods and it in effect makes that indicator depend on the number of bars on chart. That error is corrected in our (metatrader) previously posted version already by limiting the number of bars calculated to LookBackbars (otherwise it would be a repainting indicator - so already in that one repainting is avoided).

This version corrects one more thing that is not logical in the original : it clearly states that the "Average length of stride (up or down)" should be used in calculation. This one correct that too. Average length of stride is calculated as an exponential moving average of strides (easier to make and it responds better to sudden changes) and that way it makes the average length of stride a variable that depends solely on the data (so in one way, this version is a kind of adaptive indicator since it adapts to changes in data) It is somewhat faster and what I think is more important, it works "in the spirit" of what is said it should do (what William Feller said) and not what the code that was published does. That way I feel it works correctly and to the letter of what the "Drunkard's walk" should do

PS: kept and posted the previous version too in order to allow anybody to compare the code that original uses and this version. Personally I like this version better )not just for things that were changed and corrected in code) but I leave to everybody to decide which version anybody finds more useful

HLV indicator

Hi all,

I've been fooling around with a pretty messy indicator found accidentally on the codebase website; after the cooking I ended up with this thing that basically, playing with Highs and Lows, is trying to catch inversion point an also give an idea about the current volatility in the market.

To me seems that could be worth give it a try, I'll start to test it as soon as the market open. About how to use it have a look at the picture, should be enough self-explanatory...

Last thing is that it can be plotted in 3 different ways: with no volatility bands, with smoothed bands (you can choose the smoothing period), or not smoothed bands; up to your taste...

Obviously his own period of calculation (HL-Period) will affect the reaction speed of the indicator (Long period slow reaction, short period fast reaction).

Feedback will be really appreciated!

Best Regards

UPDATE: first of all my apologies; I notice that the previous version posted had a refreshing problem when changing parameters or time frame , now it's fixed.

anybody that have already download the indi please re-download this corrected version; again my apologies about that...

Files:
hlv.gif  57 kb
hlv.mq4  5 kb
Reason: